Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: does anyone actually thought Leo DeCap was robbed by Matthew McCon?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Im the only one who had to google who Dicaprio is?

-ace

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    That just means amazing acting from Leo. He was supposed to be playing a scrub upstart and MM was playing a hotshot superstar in their scenes together-for one of the most charismatic actors in the world to downplay his charisma enough to get outshone by an opposing actor-now that is world class acting right there.

The reason for the awards is this.

MM played an activist with AIDs.

Leonardo Di Caprio played a badass CEO drug addict mysoginist.

MM won for political reasons only, just like how that shit Disney movie won out against one of Hiyao Miyazakis greatest films.

Leo played the same rich d-bag he's done before with Aviator and the Great Gatsby. He lost b/c he wasn't as compelling on screen.

and at sucking Miyazaki off. It's not even close to being his hands down best movie and Disney even distributed it the US under their Touchstone label so its not like they would have pressured anyone out of voting for it. If anything they would have WANTED it to win over Frozen b/c Frozen has already made over a billion $$$ worldwide while TWR has made just $2 million in the US and $114 million worldwide.
    Last edited by kentatm; 03-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Banned

It's easily one of Miyazaki's best, and much better then Frozen which was basically tangled II and had some good classic disney songs but a bad script and story

Banned

he keeps trying to win an Oscar, they don't like when its obvious.

im thinking he should star in some crappy movies first, then make a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    It's easily one of Miyazaki's best, and much better then Frozen which was basically tangled II and had some good classic disney songs but a bad script and story
    nope and nope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Better question

Is there anyone who actually cares that isn't a tw*t?

Very good NBA starter

he's come a looooong way since dazed and confused.

shhhhhhh

Preface this by saying I like Leonardo DiCaprio, I like his movies but I've never got the hype.. is it just me or?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Preface this by saying I like Leonardo DiCaprio, I like his movies but I've never got the hype.. is it just me or?
    He does a good job in good films made by good directors. But he's not the greatest actor of all-time, nor is he the greatest of his generation.

I like him though as well

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

This is like 1 in 22 movies that Matt McCon is good in. Leo has been consistent with his roles and is diverse. Basketball Diaries, Titanic, The Man in the Iron Mask, The Beach, Body of Lies, Catch me if you can, The Aviator, The Departed, Wolf of Wallstreet,,,,, Besides DBC and The Wedding Planner what has McCon done that even puts him in league with such a diverse actor like Leo?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    This is like 1 in 22 movies that Matt McCon is good in. Leo has been consistent with his roles and is diverse. Basketball Diaries, Titanic, The Man in the Iron Mask, The Beach, Body of Lies, Catch me if you can, The Aviator, The Departed, Wolf of Wallstreet,,,,, Besides DBC and The Wedding Planner what has McCon done that even puts him in league with such a diverse actor like Leo?
    That kind of argument really doesn't apply to the Oscars.

If McCon did 99 bad roles and then one great role, and Leo did 99 good roles and then one very good role, McCon would and should walk out with the Oscar.

I hate these lifetime achievement awards. Leo has never been snubbed on the level of a DeNiro for Taxi Driver or Pacino for The Godfather Part II.

And even if we're using this logic to boost up Leo, he still would not have been ahead of Chiwetel Ejifor for 12 Years.

DiCaprio stans needda chill da fck out. The Oscars don't hate him; he has 4 Oscar nominations before the age of 40.

Who else has done that?
    -Marlon Brando
    -Jack Nicholson
    -Al Pacino

Dude will win eventually

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    After watching Dallas Buyers Club, I believe Matty Mac is the greatest actor today.

1. Matty Mac

2. Bale
    3. Leo

That little part that Matt had on Wolf of Wall Street is good comparison of the two, side by side and Matt looked like the star.
    Tom Hanks shits on your Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    DiCaprio stans needda chill da fck out. The Oscars don't hate him; he has 4 Oscar nominations before the age of 40.

Who else has done that?
    -Marlon Brando
    -Jack Nicholson
    -Al Pacino

Dude will win eventually
    Exactly. Leo also has all the exposure in the world. If anyone needs an Oscar, it's some of the less known actors.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Bale was amazing in The Fighter, a performance that surprised me.
    I was about to bash Bale until I read this and remembered his performance. Bale can be really, really fvcking great when playing the right role.