Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let's talk about smart watches.

Anybody here own one? With all the talk at Mobile World Congress and Samsung's unveiling of the Gear 2, they've been on the news lately, and I'm itching to get one. From what I can tell, right now the ones to own are:

Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Sony Smart Watch 2
    Pebble/Pebble Steel

I'm just curious to see what everything thinks about them, and if anyone has any recommendations. I'm most likely going to wait until the Galaxy Gear 2 comes out and get the original Galaxy Gear when it goes on sale. Right now, the cheapest you can get it is $200, which is about $50 more than I want to drop on it without feeling crappy about it.

Default Re: Let's talk about smart watches.

You look like a 10 year old wearing a watch like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    He probably is 10. He's evaded Jeff's age filter.

Banned

wait for the Google/LG one, or Samsunng if you own a samsung phone

Lets talk about dumb consumers?

26. And apparently, neither of you f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cks has a job that requires you to be literally leashed to your phone 24/7 lol. Sucks when my phone's charging in another room, or when a client wakes my girl up at 2 in the morning because a server goes down somewhere. It would be nice to have notifications that vibrate quietly on my wrist and to be able to see what it is without fumbling around in the dark, or worrying about my phone not being on me. Not to mention driving, or having to pull my phone out every time it goes off to see if it's work related.

I literally get around 10-15 work e-mails a day, and triple that in Lync notifications from co-workers needing information/advice about one of our clients.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    wait for the Google/LG one, or Samsunng if you own a samsung phone
    I have the S4 and a Galaxy Tab 3, that's why that's my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The man has a purpose for the watch. Stop following archaic fashion rules and think for yourself. You probably think you are " mature" because you wear what's appropriate and by appropriate i mean what you think everyone else thinks you should wear at your age. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    26. And apparently, neither of you f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cks has a job that requires you to be literally leashed to your phone 24/7 lol. Sucks when my phone's charging in another room, or when a client wakes my girl up at 2 in the morning because a server goes down somewhere. It would be nice to have notifications that vibrate quietly on my wrist and to be able to see what it is without fumbling around in the dark, or worrying about my phone not being on me. Not to mention driving, or having to pull my phone out every time it goes off to see if it's work related.

I literally get around 10-15 work e-mails a day, and triple that in Lync notifications from co-workers needing information/advice about one of our clients.
    Boo fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kin' hoo!
    I'm glad you're not my employee

Why you just put your phone on vibrate? What a numb nuts we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    The man has a purpose for the watch. Stop following archaic fashion rules and think for yourself. You probably think you are " mature" because you wear what's appropriate and by appropriate i mean what you think everyone else thinks you should wear at your age. Grow up.
    Now this is the kind of guy I would hire. Direct. Firm. Guy gives orders at the end of his sentence. This is a serious mofo right here! Maybe too serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I bet you still use a sippy cup.

Quote Originally Posted by code green

1) You sleep with your watch on?
    2) You don't have an outlet next to your night stand?
    3) Lol 10-15 work emails a day. Oh the horror!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    1) You sleep with your watch on?
    2) You don't have an outlet next to your night stand?
    3) Lol 10-15 work emails a day. Oh the horror!
    **** is this, an interrogation?

I see something I want to buy, so I'm looking for advice. I don't know why you feel the need to tell me how to spend my money. If you don't think it's practical, why waste your time in the thread? If you're so afraid of me looking like a douche in it, you don't know me personally, so don't sweat what I do.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i'm waiting for an apple version so it seamlessly works with my iphone without any issues. I'd probably pay up to 200 bucks for something like that.

I don't get the hate, i'm leashed to my phone 24/7 as well. I'm constantly in a lot of situations where it would be rude and/or inappropriate to pull out my phone every 5 minutes, it would be nice just looking at a watch telling me how important/non important the notification is without pulling the phone out.

Banned

Rolex.

Forget the smart watch. To be honest with you, I don't even like to carry a cell phone. It is like being on a leash. Thank goodness, as we age, I get less and less frivolous calls and text.

The last thing I want is to be connected 24/7.