Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk about smart watches.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    **** is this, an interrogation?

I see something I want to buy, so I'm looking for advice. I don't know why you feel the need to tell me how to spend my money. If you don't think it's practical, why waste your time in the thread? If you're so afraid of me looking like a douche in it, you don't know me personally, so don't sweat what I do.
    I don't really care if you want to look like a douche, but your explanation was pretty ridiculous.

Do you really sleep with a watch on?

**** is this, an interrogation?

I see something I want to buy, so I'm looking for advice. I don't know why you feel the need to tell me how to spend my money. If you don't think it's practical, why waste your time in the thread? If you're so afraid of me looking like a douche in it, you don't know me personally, so don't sweat what I do.
    I don't care if you look like a douche, but I know the follow up thread: "Let's talk about why my girlfriend left me."

No one wants to be seen with a dumbass smart watch. Not even if they are getting over 100 emails a day. Do you know how many emails I get a day? A ****ing tonne. I have 4 email addresses on the go, and I don't need a damn smart watch. If you get the watch, your fat-ass porky girlfriend is going to leave you. Weigh it up kid

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I don't really care if you want to look like a douche, but your explanation was pretty ridiculous.

Do you really sleep with a watch on?
    Again, do I really need to explain myself to a bunch of people I'll never meet in real life? Was my post not persuasive enough for you? Should I have added bullet points and a nice conclusion to tie it all together so you, DeuceWallces, God of all that is right, would give me your seal of approval that I so desperately need?

Or are you just being a di[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k and ignoring the fact that smart watches are dominating electronic events worldwide and seem to be trending upwards every week and that some people might be looking for more information about them?

But to humor you, no I don't wear one to bed. But if it does what I'm looking for, I would.

Banned

The last thing we need is for society to wear these watches or be so connected. I like having a time frame where I answer and check my emails. With a damn smart watch, it means that I have to answer my damn emails in real time.

"Oh...did you get my email. We changed the deadline."

"you have one of those watches, there is no excuse to not respond back."

F that.

People know that I check emails at noon everyday. So you better get a hold of me then or wait till the next day.

Banned

Again, do I really need to explain myself to a bunch of people I'll never meet in real life? Was my post not persuasive enough for you? Should I have added bullet points and a nice conclusion to tie it all together so you, DeuceWallces, God of all that is right, would give me your seal of approval that I so desperately need?

Or are you just being a di[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k and ignoring the fact that smart watches are dominating electronic events worldwide and seem to be trending upwards every week and that some people might be looking for more information about them?

But to humor you, no I don't wear one to bed. But if it does what I'm looking for, I would.
    Don't get it. You don't need one. I suggest you get a real watch. It will look classier.

Wearing a smart watch, in my opinion, will be faux pas. It is equivalent to looking at your phone every 5 minutes during a date.

Let's talk about smart watches
    I'm just curious to see what everything thinks about them

Banned

Rolex or Bulova are good watches to have it makes professional instead of looking like a 10 year old kid wearing smart watches.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Rolex.

Forget the smart watch. To be honest with you, I don't even like to carry a cell phone. It is like being on a leash. Thank goodness, as we age, I get less and less frivolous calls and text.

The last thing I want is to be connected 24/7.
    Dropping $5k+ on a god damn watch? That would be a frivolous purchase for most people.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

The last thing we need is for society to wear these watches or be so connected. I like having a time frame where I answer and check my emails. With a damn smart watch, it means that I have to answer my damn emails in real time.

"Oh...did you get my email. We changed the deadline."

"you have one of those watches, there is no excuse to not respond back."

F that.

People know that I check emails at noon everyday. So you better get a hold of me then or wait till the next day.

A lot of people don't have the luxury of being able to just check their email once every day and get away with it.

I have to be connected and accessible 24/7 for work. I don't like it, but it's my reality. I feel like the watch would make me look like less of an as*hole; instead of pulling out my phone i can just glance at a watch and know what I need to know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    Dropping $5k+ on a god damn watch? That would be a frivolous purchase for most people.
    Buying a Rolex is very emotional. It is not mindless spending like a damn smart watch. In order to purchase a Rolex or being able to shows an achievement. It represents success. You will be wearing that damn watch till you die.

Buying a smart watch is dumb because we all know how many new model phones are out every year and this will make us dump money on something disposable. A Rolex isn't a disposable item. It is a heirloom to some and can be past on down generations and appreciate in value.

I own two Rolex watches. One that I bought but later sold to help pay for a GF's debts. Damn I regret it. The other was a gift from my father and it is a vintage Rolex. He bought it for 2k at the time and that thing is worth 8k on the collectors' market. Of course I won't sell it but it is nice to know that I am wearing something that appreciates more and more over time.

Although the difference in cost between a Rolex and a smart watch is huge but my watch continues to appreciate and cherished as time goes on. Plus, it is mechanical, a little engine that keeps it running perpetually. That damn smart watch needs electricity and charging. Did I mention it is a throw away product too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    A lot of people don't have the luxury of being able to just check their email once every day and get away with it.

I have to be connected and accessible 24/7 for work. I don't like it, but it's my reality. I feel like the watch would make me look like less of an as*hole; instead of pulling out my phone i can just glance at a watch and know what I need to know.
    Trust me, that is what they have you thinking that you need to check your email in real time and respond in real time.

Like I have mentioned in the past to people, if it is important, they better call. Emails and text is not a very good way to communicate in the work place unless you are behind your desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill

it's insanely frivolous. I inherited a vintage omega watch that's worth around a grand or so. I almost never wear it. I'm afraid w/ my luck ill break it somehow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    it's insanely frivolous. I inherited a vintage omega watch that's worth around a grand or so. I almost never wear it. I'm afraid w/ my luck ill break it somehow
    It doesn't break that easy. No worries.

P.S. How is 5k frivolous spending. Are you saying people have 5k to drop that easily?

Trust me, that is what they have you thinking that you need to check your email in real time and respond in real time.

Like I have mentioned in the past to people, if it is important, they better call. Emails and text is not a very good way to communicate in the work place unless you are behind your desk.

Email and text in my field is very important... i can't review paperwork over the phone nor can I communicate when i'm somewhere where I can't talk. Only people with non smart phones in my field are old guys about to retire.

Code Green business.