Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Why do some people value animals over human lives?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The most "arrogant" part of the scenario, for me, is that people basically refuse to talk about it. This may be humankind's most dire looming threat, yet it has no place in the political dialogue or mainstream consciousness.

It's like most people accept the fact that we're overpopulated and it is growing, but there's a sense that we'll work it out down the road and we'll figure out a way to make it work. That's true arrogance.
    Yeah, that's because it only exists in your mind.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Population did not suddenly grow like that because people started having more children; it happened because we became capable of sustaining more life, more efficiently. Population growth is dependant on that, so these 'facts of human existence' you are pointing out are little more than scare-mongering myths, and the overpopulation myth has persisted for several centuries now.

What you're saying isn't conjecture or debatable, i'll give you that, it's just completely incorrect.
    Overpopulation can occur from a myriad of sources, including but not limited to "having more children." A decline in mortality rates can also lead to overpopulation, as it absolutely has in our case.

I don't see why that would lead you to dismiss the potential problems we may have down the road and our refusal to enter this problem into the national and/or international conversation.

Humankind is growing by about 74 million people every year, per the UN. We're expected to be over the 10 billion mark by 2100. Are you asserting that there is no problem, here? That the planet will be able to house us indefinitely, regardless of how fast the population grows?

Ha, according to Dresta:

1) Overpopulation is not a problem.
    2) Have as many kids as you can afford.
    3) We need even higher birth rates so we can support and care for the biggest birth wave of the past 60 years.

That makes a lot of sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Ha, according to Dresta:

3) We need even higher birth rates so we can support and care for the biggest birth wave of the past 60 years.

Let me guess.

Only child.

No kids.

No girlfriend.

-OR-

Limp dick.

That rat poison.

Ha, according to Dresta:

and this really is what is ruining the earth, and causing animals to suffer as well.............to many humans, also means less space for animals.

all those 3rd world shitholes where they multiply like rats, and treat animals like shit at the same time...........may they die and burn in hell

even the nicest person has a shitty side..........no animal will backstab you, talk shit, have ulterior motives................they are who they are, they are pure and you can trust them.............animals are better then humans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    even the nicest person has a shitty side..........no animal will backstab you, talk shit, have ulterior motives................they are who they are, they are pure and you can trust them.............animals are better then humans
    and dogs probably think we are the greatest things in the world too.

   

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against animal cruelty, it's disgusting and abhorrent. But you know the train problem? Something like, 5 people are about to be hit by a train, you can flip the switch and divert the train, but it will then kill a single individual?

If there was a human being trapped on one side, and 10 animals on the other... sorry Fido, but I'm saving the human being. Again, I am NOT condoning any kind of violence or mistreatment of animals, but does anyone else out there consider a human life to be more valuable than that of an animal? PETA types will absolutely roast you for being an animal hater and despicable person for saying this, but don't explain their logic.
    based on your complete ignorance upon everything relevant which you've just mentioned...

are you really that much of a deliberate ****tard to intentionally bury your worthless head in the sand... really??

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    How can you be against animal cruelty but then eat meat? But then, i guess you just had to get how disgusting you find it in to prove your moral virtue .

If there are 1 million dogs on one side and one human being on the other, i am saving the human being. Anyone who spends their time campaigning on the behalf of animals should be picked up and dropped off in the Congo somewhere.
    Yes I did feel the need to include that disclaimer because I've had this discussion crash and burn before it even started, as people would try to attack my animal hating, apparently sociopathic ways rather than discuss the issue at hand.

For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with anyone eating meat; I also do not believe animal lives to be as valuable as human lives. Which I have clearly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    based on your complete ignorance upon everything relevant which you've just mentioned...

are you really that much of a deliberate ****tard to intentionally bury your worthless head in the sand... really??
    You can be ignorant about something, but not ignorant "upon" something. I'm ignorant about the relevant points I brought up myself?

I don't know what you're trying to say, please clarify how much of a deliberate ****tard and how worthless I am, better luck next time.

Damn I'm just trying to stimulate a discussion man feel free to pick apart my arguments and describe how wrong they are, but at least contribute something.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 03-03-2014 at 11:30 PM.

I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against animal cruelty, it's disgusting and abhorrent. But you know the train problem? Something like, 5 people are about to be hit by a train, you can flip the switch and divert the train, but it will then kill a single individual?

If there was a human being trapped on one side, and 10 animals on the other... sorry Fido, but I'm saving the human being. Again, I am NOT condoning any kind of violence or mistreatment of animals, but does anyone else out there consider a human life to be more valuable than that of an animal? PETA types will absolutely roast you for being an animal hater and despicable person for saying this, but don't explain their logic.
    Society has a materailsitic mindset, so they can only view human interactions as physical. But social interaction is mental: we value things that make us feel good. From a psychological perspective, there are sh*ttier people than animals and even things. Some people place animals and things over human lives and it's all psychological.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker

Yeah you're right about the bolded... but how about rats/other rodents, or bears, snakes, wasps, mosquitos, termites, etc? No, it's not their fault for acting upon their instincts, but as human beings it is to our advantage to not have termites destroying the foundations of our homes, mosquitos spreading disease, and snakes biting people etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Society has a materailsitic mindset, so they can only view human interactions as physical. But social interaction is mental: we value things that make us feel good. From a psychological perspective, there are sh*ttier people than animals and even things. Some people place animals and things over human lives and it's all psychological.
    OK, but what about the intelligence of a human being, and our higher level of consciousness? Simply the fact that you were able to write what you wrote, and the fact that we experience a level of consciousness where we can have this discussion makes us superior to animals.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 03-03-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Let me guess.
    he's been engaged to a blood elf for the past 7 years.

Ha, according to Dresta:

This is a very narrow view of humanity and incredibly inhumane. What are you going to do about the increased population? Start killing babies, take away people's rights and limit the amount of children or outright find creative ways to wipe out the population?

So generic.

Here is another solution: humans are creative creatures; when we are faced with a problem, guess what, find a f*ckin solution; this is the reason why we are still dominating this planet and every other species have died out and are going to die out except domesticated animals which we have made our little b*tches.

As we populate, we will naturally take up all our resources until there are not anymore left, but guess what, we have a planet called "Mars" that we can inhabit with a ton of natural resources we can use to keep on living. [COLOR="Blue"]And the great thing about this is once we conquer mars, we can move to the next planet, and then the next, and so on and so forth.[/COLOR]

This is call moving forward. Wiping out the population is backwards thinking.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-03-2014 at 11:50 PM.

OK, but what about the intelligence of a human being, and our higher level of consciousness? Simply the fact that you were able to write what you wrote, and the fact that we experience a level of consciousness where we can have this discussion makes us superior to animals.
    Our rational intellect has nothing on our emotions. This is a huge misconception of our materialistic mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    This is a very narrow view of humanity and incredibly inhumane. What are you going to do about the increased population? Start killing babies, take away people's rights and limit the amount of children or outright find creative ways to wipe out the population?

So generic.

Here is another solution: humans are creative creatures; when we are faced with a problem, guess we, find a f*ckin solution; this is the reason why we are still dominating this planet and every other species have died out and are going to die out except domesticated animals which we have made our little b*tches.

As we populate, we will naturally take up all our resources until there are not anymore left, but guess what, we have a planet called "Mars" that we can inhabit with a ton of natural resources we can use to keep on living. [COLOR="Blue"]And the great thing about this is once we conquer mars, we can move to the next planet, and then the next, and so on and so forth.[/COLOR]

This is call moving forward. Wiping out the population is backwards thinking; colonizing planets is forward thinking.
    Why don't we just travel back in time to warn our past selves, or maybe create an alternate universe or dimension to send the surplus population? [COLOR="DarkOrange"]How about floating cities?[/COLOR]