Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Why do some people value animals over human lives?

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Stop trying to derail an obvious legit solution. There are already talks of Mars colonization as we speak, so to compare it to "floating cities and time travel" is complete utter bullsh*t. The soil on Mars can be useful for construction and industrial materials, compounds with high chemical energy can be manufactured, solar power can be used for energy, they can even use certain processes to make food, etc.

It is extremely practical and can solve the population problem. By the time the earth blows over (about 100 years right?), we will have the technological advances for affordable space flight and affordable space stations to make this plausible (it'll be quicker if the situation calls for it). That is the beauty of humans having such a gifted human mind. We solve problems, not give up and wipe out half of the population out of fear.

The first crazy shit Rambo says that I agree with

It's much easier said than done and our bodies are not built to survive in space or other planets, but space colonization is the only option in the endgame for humanity. At some point humanity will become extinct, but if we want to delay that, we have to look to space.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Because humans are able to understand what is happening to them while animals aren't. It kind of makes their situation seem even more tragic. They seem so much more helpless because they have no idea what to do or why it is happening. Probably not the only reason but it is part of it I think.
    Animals arent helpless. How did their species survive so long? It is condescending to view animals as helpless victims just because their brains don't work the same as ours. Your animalist words disgust me. You are no better then white supremicists.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against animal cruelty, it's disgusting and abhorrent. But you know the train problem? Something like, 5 people are about to be hit by a train, you can flip the switch and divert the train, but it will then kill a single individual?

If there was a human being trapped on one side, and 10 animals on the other... sorry Fido, but I'm saving the human being. Again, I am NOT condoning any kind of violence or mistreatment of animals, but does anyone else out there consider a human life to be more valuable than that of an animal? PETA types will absolutely roast you for being an animal hater and despicable person for saying this, but don't explain their logic.
    PETA are bunch of hypocrites, they're for killing Pit Bulls just because they're Pit Bulls...fvck them.

Learning to shoot layups

Because empathy is a narcissistic behavior, OP.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Animals arent helpless. How did their species survive so long? It is condescending to view animals as helpless victims just because their brains don't work the same as ours. Your animalist words disgust me. You are no better then white supremicists.
    How dare those animals not move to another free flowing river when their indigenous home gets dammed by humans. It's not our fault fish can't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

If there was a human being trapped on one side, and 10 animals on the other... sorry Fido, but I'm saving the human being. Again, I am NOT condoning any kind of violence or mistreatment of animals, but does anyone else out there consider a human life to be more valuable than that of an animal? PETA types will absolutely roast you for being an animal hater and despicable person for saying this, but don't explain their logic.
    The deal is that a human being knows that it can die, without being confronted by death itself. So the one human quite possibly got there by his own mistake or wrong doings. The animals not. They don't know what a train is or that it might kill them. In the very last moment they maybe get it.

Not saying I'd take the animals over the human, I generally hate these scenarios(kill one save the other) and couldn't decide. Basically I'd try to save both.