Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: what will obama legacy be after he leaves office

Positive. Will be known as the Hip and cool president who everyone thought was G. He's hanging out with rappers, celebrities and he has front pass for the celeb life.

National High School Star

Bad or average president. Best Democrat president since JFK.

My post JFK president rankings
    1 Reagan

2. Obama
    3. Bubba
    4. Nixon
    5. HW Bush
    6. Ford
    7. Bush jr
    8. Carter

not an American but from an outside view it seems like your Congress is ****ed up yet all the focus is put on the President. Correct me if I'm wrong but the congress has relative more power than the head of state, so I don't really understand why so much emphasis is placed on the President.

War.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    A legacy of being a spineless demagogue is all i see.
    Same. For me his legacy will be

-The first big election that truly showed how much control liberals have over the media
    -The power/impact of the minorities with voting, and them being predominantly liberal
    -How much bullshit he spewed/lies he said just to get into office
    -NSA scandal, continuing the Patriot Act, saying we need to give up freedom for security

Our political system is so ****ed at this point, I don't see any positive takeaway from Obama's terms so far. Had a bad first 4 years so should have been replaced with whoever the public thought was the next best guy. But this "Oh, you need to give him 8 years before making a decision" and all this nonsense is bullshit. Otherwise we'd elect guys for 8 year terms. 99% of the Presidential candidates are hardly gonna make a difference. Get someone like Ron Paul in there and our country will be so much better off.

And with the way our country is headed and with the media being so dominantly liberal, I have a hard time seeing a republican president in the near future. And as someone who thoroughly despises both parties, I think thats a shit thing, because our president shouldn't just be the best liberal, but rather, the best man for the job. Mitt Romney from a candidate standpoint and just considering the situation our country was in was far more qualified than Obama to be the man for the job, but the media absolutely obliterated him every chance they got.
    Last edited by russwest0; 03-04-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Less black than Clinton.

As leader of a free world power he actually makes me pine for the hardline foreign policies of Jimmy Carter. Really.

Domestically things have improved, especially the stock market, but where else could they have gone but up?

Personally Obamacare has succeeded in almost tripling my insurance premiums. Its long term effects are yet to be seen.

I'd rank him above Buchanan, below Harding.

He will probably be seen as good, not great. Honestly, most will just see him as the 1st black president and disregard everything else he's accomplished. Doesn't help that he got cockblocked for the majority of his 2 terms. Still though, he's accomplished a lot of things that most people aren't even aware he did (see Lilly Ledbetter Act, The Matthew Shepard Act, The Credit Card Bill of Rights. to name a few).