Default The Biggest Loser is a gamechanger ...

In the exercise thread, I argue quite successfully (and against a lot of opposition), the single most important thing you have to do first and foremost is to develope a mindset that truly wants to be fit and/or lose weight, otherwise it would be[COLOR="Blue"] futile [/COLOR]to even begin exercise and dieting.

For the world of exercise. Too many times we are told to just duke it out in the gym and watch our calories; in nutrition class we are just told what to eat; if you ask the regular joe what you should do to lose weight, they will tell you to either exercise or take diet pills. Both aren't enough.

If you don't have that set mindset, then you will fail. Period. I will argue anybody on this premise.

Which brings me to the biggest loser and why it is a prime example of that mindset. Here we have guys who weigh over 400 pounds losing over 300 pounds in a matter of months. They have been this weight all their life and all it takes is a game show to change their life.

You have to ask yourself why? Trust me they've tried duking it out in the gym; they've tried dieting; but it simply doesn't work.

When they went on the show and spoke honestly in front of the cam, I notice a few change in mindset:

1. They have the luxury of competing for $25,000.

2. They made a decision to change their life to save their life.

3. They made a decision to be proud of themselves when they look in the mirror.

4. And here is the most important part, they are going to do whatever it takes to win the competition.

The ones missing that drive are the ones that got eliminated early. Watching a show is a game changer for me because I can't help but think to myself if these overly obese people can lose 300 something pounds in a matter of months, then I can do it too (not 300 pounds ofc but my fitness goals), so after one episode I exercised 2x harder than I did before. Everyone needs a kick to better themelves and I think this show is one of the few I've seen that provides that kick. 10/10
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-03-2014 at 11:16 PM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: The Biggest Loser is a gamechanger ...

Or they could not eat shit their whole lives and exercise regularly like normal people. I have a hard time feeling sorry for fat people

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Or they could not eat shit their whole lives and exercise regularly like normal people. I have a hard time feeling sorry for fat people
    These fat people are different. They made a decision to change their lives. Some of them are literally puking during the exercises but they kept working at it harder. You could see the pain in their eyes when they could not eat whatever they want. They were killing themselves to lose that weight. If that is not inspiration, then I don't know what is.

Not just the body, skin gets lighter too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    last seasons winner over did it

260lbs to 105lbs

even the trainers were like wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Basically a heart attack in a making. Drastic weight loss or gain without very close attention by doctors is very dangerous.
    I disagree.

This is the beauty of having a powerful mindset: it has the ability to control symptoms. We know very little about the subconscious mind, but what we do know is it controls the body and is driven by goals. People who are unhealthy are usually the ones with a weak mindset; the subconscious mind can do wonders and go far beyond the human potential if is treated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I disagree.

This is the beauty of having a powerful mindset: it has the ability to control symptoms. We know very little about the subconscious mind, but what we do know is it controls the body and is driven by goals. People who are unhealthy are usually the ones with a weak mindset; the subconscious mind can do wonders and go far beyond the human potential if is treated properly.
    Mindset control symptoms? Ok Im out.