Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World War 3

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Default Re: World War 3

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    An open large scale military conflict betwen major powers today wouldn't result in one faction "stomp mud hole". Have you ever heard of a thing called "nuclear weapons"? There are multiple countries today that could potentially f*ck up all of human civilization if they feel like it. You can't win a grand scale war with nuclear powers involved if your opponent is willing to go all in. Those days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    The days of the "boots on the ground" large-scale field combat between first world nations are over.

It'll be closer to the Cold War, but with cyber warfare and state-sponsored terror being the orders of the day.
    This. And not your simple minded "West gunna own Russia, lulz"...

National High School Star

Default Re: World War 3

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    An open large scale military conflict betwen major powers today wouldn't result in one faction "stomp mud hole". Have you ever heard of a thing called "nuclear weapons"? There are multiple countries today that could potentially f*ck up all of human civilization if they feel like it. You can't win a grand scale war with nuclear powers involved if your opponent is willing to go all in. Those days are long gone.

This. And not your simple minded "West gunna own Russia, lulz"...
    I was speaking in hyperbole. It would be long drawn out war. I still think US side wins. I doubt any countries will use nuclear weapons. No one is that crazy.