Default Giant Drop ride!

Anyone been to Australia and actually been to this, or a ride similar anywhere else? It was the world's biggest drop for 14 years straight at 121 meters I believe, until the Lex Luthor ride in Six Flags took over at 126 meters just a couple years ago.

I'm going to be going on it for the first time with a bunch of mates to celebrate my birthday and I'm absolutely shitting myself at the thought. I've been watching videos trying to calm my nerves but don't know if that shit has done anything but the opposite.

I hate heights first of all, and I absolutely hate that feeling on rollercoasters or just about any ride with large drops, where it lifts you up out of your seat ever so slightly. I love rides though, and this is the grand master of them all I guess, and I've yet to be on it.

I know there are a few in America that are 100m + drops, so if anyone wants to chime in and tell us what it was like, by all means.
    I'm lucky enough to live in Brisbane so all these great theme parks are only an hour away at most.

I'll see how much a video or picture is of the ride and I'll try and upload for ISH to laugh at.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Giant Drop ride!

Is this at Dreamworld? Yeah I have been on it, and it's scary

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Is this at Dreamworld? Yeah I have been on it, and it's scary
    That's the one.

I don't think the drop will bother me as much as actually being lifted slowly and waiting at the top.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Lex Luther's Drop of Doom is one of the worst attractions at Magic Mountain, and the drop ride at Knott's Berry Farm is actually better. The line for Lex Luther is rarely worth it, but try it if the line is short. It gradually raises you in the air (not much to see out there except appreciating the height and trying to spot your car in the parking lot), and drops you once while you gradually come to a stop. At Knott's, the line is shorter, it raises you (not as high, but certainly high enough), drops you and then you quickly change directions and shoot back up, before bouncing up and down.

If we are including overall production and thrill:
    Disney's Tower of Terror > Knott's drop ride > Lex Luther

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    That's the one.

I don't think the drop will bother me as much as actually being lifted slowly and waiting at the top.
    Yeah, I went on Tower of Terror for the first time at Disney last week, I can tell you my heart was pumping more at the fact I was going up slowly and being held than actually dropping. And that's only 172 feet.

I was screaming like a little bitch You'll have a blast though

Local High School Star

The suspense in waiting for the drop is by far the worst part, for a split second your insides will feel all over the place other than that it's fine.
    When i went i was next to a crying girl who was just tall enough to ride and her dad was laughing his ass off on the other side of her, which worked well as a distraction as im not great with heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Yeah, I went on Tower of Terror for the first time at Disney last week, I can tell you my heart was pumping more at the fact I was going up slowly and being held than actually dropping. And that's only 172 feet.

I was screaming like a little bitch You'll have a blast though
    Yeah. I went on the Disneyland one when I was over in the USA a while back and that was freaky. But this one is so much higher lol...
    Not to mention its my birthday, a few mates know I don't do well with heights, not that a lot of them do, but they will be trying to mess with me at the top instead of calm me haha. I won't have the luxury of comfortable talk to distract me because my mates are assholes like that lol.

Myth, there are plenty of rides here, so I don't really mind what this one does. Being that high, and doing the biggest drop in the world essentially is enough for me. This one at dreamworld does mess with you apparently. Sometimes it jerks just a meter pretending to drop. Other times they keep you waiting extra long. Its all about the experience for me... I'm dreading and looking forward to it at the same time lol...