Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: If Phil Jackson does go to NYC, I want to see him start completely fresh.

I just don't think Melo and the Knicks are in a good situation together. Melo on the Bulls would be perfect for both teams. The Knicks need to start over and rebuild again.

Default Re: If Phil Jackson does go to NYC, I want to see him start completely fresh.

i dont think phil will succeed in rebuilding... all of his championships are because of Jordan and Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    i dont think phil will succeed in rebuilding... all of his championships are because of Jordan and Kobe

Hi

Phil brought Shaq to the Lakers. Phil exudes confidence and has a legit history with this team. There's a lot of money waiting to be made in NYC should the team win a ship.

I suspect there'll be a lot of crying in here as well. So be it.

Phil is not dumb. If he takes this job, he will not start fresh. He can not do it. He knows how the media and fans are, especially in New York. He knows that the window to get a team playing for a title is small so he will not start fresh or all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    If he does go to NYC in a GM role I want to see him rebuild the Knicks completely.
    I heard he was leaning on making the present team better by adding the right pieces, but then he found out about your demand and he is going to rebuild.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Phil brought Shaq to the Lakers. Phil exudes confidence and has a legit history with this team. There's a lot of money waiting to be made in NYC should the team win a ship.

I suspect there'll be a lot of crying in here as well. So be it.
    Shaq played for the Lakers before Phil got there. It's more like Shaq attracted Phil to the Lakers.

How is it even possible for the Knicks to 'start fresh'? They have no talent, (besides Melo who may or may not bolt) only one first round pick for the next three drafts, and no salary cap room. A full rebuild will take 2-3 years of bottoming out, and won't even pay dividends unless they strike gold with their first round pick next season.

Plus Phil has never been in a situation even remotely close to this, how do we even know he can stack up with some of these young GM's who are ruling the league right now?

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

They were discussing this exact topic last night. I still say Melo leaving would be the best. Phil can start completely fresh and build from the ground up. Melo can go to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfernee
    Shaq played for the Lakers before Phil got there. It's more like Shaq attracted Phil to the Lakers.
    Oops - my bad.