Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What's the worst job you've ever worked?

I once was a busboy at an overnight restaurant across the street from a crack shelter. I would literally see people smoking meth and crack, and child prostitutes on the street. The glory days.

Default Re: What's the worst job you've ever worked?

Real estate assistant.

target overnight stocking

I did some landscaping over the summer my last year in college. Digging ditches in 110+ weather isn't fun... although we typically stopped by noon.

getting over your mom's rolls while im phuckin her.

I worked at a brewery's malt house one summer. Starting at 5 A.M., shoveling germinated barley for about 5 hours and then shoveling roasted barley for another 3 next to the ****ing malt oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    getting over your mom's rolls while im phuckin her.
    Agreed, that sucks dude.

Fastfood quite easily.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Worked at an athletic club doing whatever was asked of me.

Job duties included:
    -Dragging out 150lb mats and power washing them (female boss had no idea how heavy they were the first couple hours, so I asked her to grab the other end once just so she knew what she was demanding of me. She immediately realized what she was asking, gave me a gatorade and a 15 minute break)
    -Landscaping
    -Daycare
    -washing equipment
    -picking up new exercise equipment in my boss's truck
    -pulling giant wood planks out of a huge crevice
    -washing a pool (required getting in the pool to scrub shit down)

Job lasted only a little over a month. Not a terrible job. I just had a lot of not too bad of jobs.

NBA Superstar

Working preload at UPS waking up at 3:30 am everyday and loading 3 trucks with boxes. They realized early on that I was a really hard worker and moved me onto the highest seniority belt on the hardest 3 truck pull in the building.

needless to say everyday was a ****ing battle. every second couldn't go to waste. I had to be an efficency warrior. taking time to drink water was a waste of 10 seconds and a setback. the 10 minute break in the middle of the day HAD to be used to load the stuff I didn't have time to prior.

I had to memorize the general way each trucks packages were designed (packages come down the belt with a numbered label on them, this tells you where in the truck the package goes)

by the end of the day each of my trucks had each shelf loaded full with packages lined along the back wall and the whole entire middle aisle was full with packages as well so you couldn't see through the truck. and these were stacked to the ceiling just about.

it was crazy ****ing shit and one day I just decided "**** this" and stopped showing up and then they offered me a number of other positions saying they really didn't want to lose me but I left regardless because I was tired of waking up so early.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    My dad owns his own pool business, in the summers when I was in high school I used to help him with big projects for extra money. It was horrible in the bottom of a empty pool in 120+ degree weather
    Weather wasn't as hot (did probably get up to 100) and the pool actually had water in it. I went around the perimeter of the pool scrubbing with Borax. I was worried that it would cause rashes or something (Borax isn't the worst thing, but swimming in it is questionable), but it didn't do anything.

Worked at UPS too. Didn't last long. Decided I'm not gonna **** up my back before I even hit 19 years old. Supervisors are wack and they give you unrealistic expectations.

NBA Legend

When I was in high school my parents used to make me empty out all the wastebaskets in the house once a week. AND take all the newspapers out to the recycle bin.

Shit was ****ing brutal. I honestly dont know how I lasted through it. Had to get the half bath wastebasket, then trudge upstairs to get the guest bath, then go all the way down the hall to the master bath, then all the way back down stairs and empty it all out into the big garbage in the garage. Without a break. And I had to do this literally once every single week.

Looking back tho I do feel a pretty strong sense of pride that I managed to persevere. Like a bawz.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 05-22-2014 at 07:53 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MrC1991
    Fastfood quite easily.
    The tolerance of working in fast food is 90% about what type of manager your work under. The actual job itself and dealing customers is the easy part.

A bad manager can make your life hell

NBA lottery pick

Target. They expect so much for 9 dollars an hour.