Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Football/soccer all-time draft tournament(organized matchups)

del bosque vs ancelotti and 4-2-3-1 vs 4-2-3-1. a little surprised waseem got through, i voted against him in the closest vote in this tournament.

not the best teams on D but very capable on O with Baggio - Maradona - di Stefano the best trio as i said before. jasi's samuel - passarella defensive duo is very good and compatible with one strong defender and a small quicker leader with great positioning in passarella. they would have fantastic chemestry if you ask me. waseem midfield is better he did a great job there. not the best wing backs in the competition for both guys.

overall if you ask me both sajo and dunksby have teams in the same tier as the two above, with sajo the best team in the competition. in this matchup i'll go with Jasi

One of my favourite moments in football, not for the goal, which is awesome in its self, but the "celebration" and as he's on my team I felt the need to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3zOjnZI1s
    Last edited by Overdrive; 03-20-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Banned

another good matchup, i think i voted against iamgine from the first round as i considered the other team better even with the second best trio in the competition. i always liked overdrive's team as it is the most balanced in the tournament, with potential great chemestry. still think sajo and dunksby teams are better but they were eliminated.

but it's a matter of matchup not who has the best team which i don't know if some of you understand. overdrive wins this one i think he has a more balanced team, a more complete team overall with great advantage on the wings causing the opposing wing backs problems and very few chances of advancing in the oposing third.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Well that's exactly what I mean with a bad fit. "He would do well moving to the right midfield and the right wing, because he used to be an excellent left back". If you have to place someone in a completely foreign position to make it work, it's probably not a very good fit.

If Mourinho played Ashley Cole on the right wing next match you would probably think someone put acid in his coffee.
    I'm tired and since I lost I don't wanna go into detail anymore, playing a position and being effective in that position is all about a player's characteristics of play and his physical attributes. I drafted the most versatile and physically gifted team of the draft to be able to mess with my line up and still get high performance.
    About your example, I just have this to say: Philip Lahm.

Overdrive.
    It's a tie for me really, because they both could dominate the game, depending on the night: incredible talent (puskas+messi, wtf) vs great team concept, that total football with '90s interpreters. Could go either way.
    The tie breaker is maybe a detail, the Lippi pick is just not consistent with the type of players.

Banned

ill go with iamgine because the matchup is close and he doesnt deserve to get sweeped
    jasi on the other one fairly easy

Overdrive's defense will be torn apart by iamgine's striking force, no questions on this matchup. I dunno how Waseem got to the semi-finals, he will be just overwhelmed by Jasi's team. Never thought the last four would be such matchups to decide though.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    another good matchup, i think i voted against iamgine from the first round as i considered the other team better even with the second best trio in the competition. i always liked overdrive's team as it is the most balanced in the tournament, with potential great chemestry. still think sajo and dunksby teams are better but they were eliminated.

but it's a matter of matchup not who has the best team which i don't know if some of you understand. overdrive wins this one i think he has a more balanced team, a more complete team overall with great advantage on the wings causing the opposing wing backs problems and very few chances of advancing in the oposing third.
    Thanks for giving props to my team, it's good seeing someone gets how great those 11 could be even in a hypothetical situation like this.

Banned

Overdrive vs Iamgine 3-2

Waseem780 vs Jasi 0-4

you can still vote especially for the first matchup which is close

Banned

Banned

if nothing happens jasi and overdrive cand make their updated matchup adjustments in the next 6 h before i make the final matchup.

For the final, my coach Ancelotti will make an adjustment in our defensive setup.
    Like I said, our MFs can switch indifferently depending on the opponent, and well this time it is needed. Since Overdrive's team is especially good on the wings, I'll put Luisito Suarez in the central midfield position (he played that many years at Inter) and De Rossi at centre-left.

So it looks like this.

This will malke the midfield shifts from right to left more effective in covering the flanks. It's something that regularly happens with good 4-3-1-2s.

In particular, when they attack on their right, we will defend like this.

I won't post the corresponding image for the left-side attacks, but I am sure you all get it. Schweini covers the flank with Suarez and De Rossi in the centre.

Nothing changes in our offensive setup instead.
    Last edited by Jasi; 03-22-2014 at 02:30 PM.

First of all I didn't think I'd make the finals. I thought dunksby would win against me.

Now onto the finals. As I already explained I won't adjust. I hate teams that make the finals and then shake up their tactics according to the opponent and then lose in a bad fashion.

I think my team with its current setup could pull an upset vs Jasi's, but as it's a vote instead of a real match it's very unlikely.

Banned