Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Which non-playoff team would be the best with Gregg Popovich coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Minnesota was the first one that came to mind for me. I'm sure he would be able to get the most out of this team which appears to have a bunch of good assets. Suns would be another good one, even though they're a playoff team.
    It's been pretty surprising that Adelman hasn't been able to do much with that team. I agree with Pop they'd be pretty dangerous. Rubio by now would probably be a serviceable shooter. Pop would make Love fear for his life if he ever slacked on defense for rebounds.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Which non-playoff team would be the best with Gregg Popovich coaching?

Minnesota sort of reminds me of the 2002 Kings

Minny.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Minny.
    Minny have a good coach in adelman. They simply lack the personel to win. ZERO rim protection due to peckovic and love not being rim defender. They are good man2man, but team-D NO WAY. Also their wing play is not that great.

It has to be a team filled with talent but bad because of ego mismanagement, imaturity, lazyness, coach erratic rotations and idiocy.

So sacramento, pelicans, new york would be my picks.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Minnesota was the first one that came to mind for me. I'm sure he would be able to get the most out of this team which appears to have a bunch of good assets. Suns would be another good one, even though they're a playoff team.
    Love would have to play D under Pop. Not sure he's willing to give up rebound position to protect the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by davehos
    Love would have to play D under Pop. Not sure he's willing to give up rebound position to protect the rim.
    not sure you implying that he can protect the rim or that pop would be dumb enough to use him as rim protector

lakers.

College superstar

All players healthy? I say Detroit or Lakers, with Sac also in the mix.

Pelicans would be in the playoffs if healthy, so I'm not counting them. And Wolves have a top 5 coach in the L already, so while Pop is better than Adelman, would it really be that much of an upgrade?

Also, Denver's team would do pretty well under Pop.

Knicks

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i think pretty much every team would look great under pop. offensively, he preaches ball movement, which would benefit every team. and he holds all his players accountable on defense

i would love to see what pop could do for the kings though. im a mike malone fan, however. but having one of the GOAT coaches lead that team is always interesting.

the bulls would be an absolute beast under pops, as well. no disrespect to thibs, whos already doing GREAT things with that team.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Wolves. He'd make that lazy f*ck Love play some defense.

Banned

Pistons without Josh Smith as small forward.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Minnesota sort of reminds me of the 2002 Kings
    more like 99'. the 2002 kings was something special. perhaps never to be duplicated.

Decent college freshman

You have to look at teams that have players with good bball IQ and solid passing ability. No egomaniacs, ballstoppers, ballhoggers, or black holes. Those type of players traditionally fail in Pop's sytem. Timberwolves is a decent choice but Rubio's inability to shoot or finish at the rim is going to give Pop headaches.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    not sure you implying that he can protect the rim or that pop would be dumb enough to use him as rim protector
    So he's a PF that doesn't play defense?

You do know that shot percentage goes up dramatically when you're in or near the paint? These weak ass defense teams get exposed especially in the playoffs.

OKC is not only great because of Durant. Perkins and Ibaka force a lot of jumpers.

It's the same reason San Antonio dropped 40 million over 4 years on Splitter. He's not lighting up the scoreboard but he's a good defender. Going back to power forwards there is no way I start Love over Anthony right now.

Regarding the original question I'd have to say NO or Sacramento.