Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Dirk ties Havlicek on All Time Scoring List

while i was mad that LEBron and the Heat pissed away a part of a crazy good legacy in 2011 i was still very happy, almost in a joy that Dirk won his long deserved title.
    he played out of his mind in 2011 and when he was struggling in the finals, one of the most underrated teams ever stepped up for their boy and owned the Heat.
    Jason Terry and Kidd deserved it too

Quote Originally Posted by moaz
    Gibt es ueberhaupt deutsche basketball fans? (nicht ernst nehmen)
    Ehhh, I wish it were more... it was funny in 2011 though when everybody all of the sudden acted like they knew the NBA in and out and were aware of everything dirk went through

Always when at the gym or nike store or whatever, and I hear ppl talk about the nba, I feel the need to join in on the conversation lol..

Joined in on one at nike town last week, this kobe fan was fkn crazy lmfao.. I told him Kobe wasn't top 10, and he liked freaked out He was like (in german ofc) "go check google back in 2000-2002 kobe averaged 30 ppg in the finals!! he wasnt even a sidekick!" for 3 seconds or so he literally took the shoehorn and poked me with it.. lmfao

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    while i was mad that LEBron and the Heat pissed away a part of a crazy good legacy in 2011 i was still very happy, almost in a joy that Dirk won his long deserved title.
    he played out of his mind in 2011 and when he was struggling in the finals, one of the most underrated teams ever stepped up for their boy and owned the Heat.
    Jason Terry and Kidd deserved it too
    Don't forget Brian Cardinal please. Honestly I was happy for him too, I learned to like him very much when he joined the mavs, unlike the hundreds of 1-2 years contracts the mavs have had over the last 15 years.

@ArbitraryWater

I feel with you. In i previous life (15 years ago) I spent some semesters in German universities and then worked partly for few years in Germany. It was difficult to find people to talk with about the NBA. In the 90s u could at least watch NBA games in free TV (forgot the name of the sport channel) and after that u had to subscribe pay tv to watch arbitrary games. Not the best conditions to build up a fan base even when you have a native like Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by moaz
    @ArbitraryWater

I feel with you. In i previous life (15 years ago) I spent some semesters in German universities and then worked partly for few years in Germany. It was difficult to find people to talk with about the NBA. In the 90s u could at least watch NBA games in free TV (forgot the name of the sport channel) and after that u had to subscribe pay tv to watch arbitrary games. Not the best conditions to build up a fan base even when you have a native like Dirk.
    Yep, agreed. The Channel you're talking about was probably "DSF" ? There were some rumors in 2011 that they may start showing a game a week in free tv.. never happened

Thread title updated (hmm worked for first post only, whatever grats dirk)

Dirk has already 10 point in the first 6 min
    Last edited by moaz; 03-12-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Dirk has surpassed Havlicek for 11th all time

Welp, that went quick. 10 Points through the 6.30 Mark of the 1st Quarter for the Big German..