Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Dirk ties Havlicek on All Time Scoring List

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    every point he scores milbuck dies little inside
    We could've had that beautiful blonde bastard

But nah, we thought it'd be a idea to trade him for this fat ****ing tub of lard

Serious playground baller Fazotronic's Avatar

prime dirk with prime ray allen. that would be something.

College superstar

Bucks suck at trades. (Kareem. Dirk) Bucks woulda had a couple of more Championships and Finals appearances. Bucks and Cavs are two cursed Eastern conference franchises.

I appreciate Dirk and his greatness. But the thread title made me appreciate Hondo more. He is not known for his scoring and still one of the very important players with 26+k points.

Another realization of me is Dirk might end up with 30+k points, which is crazy. He would be 7th to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Been an absolute pleasure and privilege to watch him play for the last 16 seasons. To be a Mavericks fan from the heart breaking 7 game loss in the '88 WCFs vs Showtime, to the fall of Roy Tarpley, the tease of the 3 Js, the scare of the proposed Ross Perot Jr. "Tampa Bay Mavericks" move in the 90's, to trading young Jason Kidd for 60 cents on the dollar....to be a Mavs fan since 1986 and to endure all of that, to be literally the worst sports franchise, not NBA, but all of the Big 3 American Sports in the 90s...

...to make it to that day in 1998 when the Mavs drafted Dirk and the ride began...all I can do is thank him for what he is meant to this city, to this fanbase, and to the culture of North Texas. A place where the Mavs, in a Cowboys town, currently holds the longest current sellout streak in professional sports history at over 500 straight games dating back to 2001...

Thank You Dirk.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Been an absolute pleasure and privilege to watch him play for the last 16 seasons. To be a Mavericks fan from the heart breaking 7 game loss in the '88 WCFs vs Showtime, to the fall of Roy Tarpley, the tease of the 3 Js, the scare of the proposed Ross Perot Jr. "Tampa Bay Mavericks" move in the 90's, to trading young Jason Kidd for 60 cents on the dollar....to be a Mavs fan since 1986 and to endure all of that, to be literally the worst sports franchise, not NBA, but all of the Big 3 American Sports in the 90s...

...to make it to that day in 1998 when the Mavs drafted Dirk and the ride began...all I can do is thank him for what he is meant to this city, to this fanbase, and to the culture of North Texas. A place where the Mavs, in a Cowboys town, currently holds the longest current sellout streak in professional sports history at over 500 straight games dating back to 2001...

Thank You Dirk.

Could not have said it better...

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Should make this thread after he actually surpasses him though ...
    Don't worry I'll update the thread tonight

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fazotronic
    Yea...I've actually talked about that here often. Would have been a perfect combo

Banned

Wow!

He's gonna bump Big O out of Top 10 all-time scoring list by season's end. Then 2 more seasons he'll be a member of the 30K Club.

P.S. I just checked the list and saw Antawn Jamison has over 20,000 points at #39 all-time. Honestly, a little surprised. He's gonna be the most forgotten 20K scorer.
    Last edited by DMV2; 03-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Thank You Dirk.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

After seeing Dallas rally around Modano recently...I just can't wait to see what we do for Dirk in the future.

I remember going to games when I first moved to Dallas in the 80's when Reunion Arena really was "roaring"...it sold me on the Mavs. And then having to deal with the pain of the 90's...it has made it all so much sweeter.

I can't believe that German kid we got would ever have reached the levels he did, but to be such a great representative of the city...and to have the work ethic and dedication to continue to play this good for so long...it's just amazing.

And he's taking a pay cut this summer to help us fans to be able to follow a better team for the next couple years hopefully.

I don't think most fans these days realize just what a joke the Mavs were from 91 through 99....before Cuban and Dirk.

Thank You Dirk.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

After seeing Dallas rally around Modano recently...I just can't wait to see what we do for Dirk in the future.

I remember going to games when I first moved to Dallas in the 80's when Reunion Arena really was "roaring"...it sold me on the Mavs. And then having to deal with the pain of the 90's...it has made it all so much sweeter.

I can't believe that German kid we got would ever have reached the levels he did, but to be such a great representative of the city...and to have the work ethic and dedication to continue to play this good for so long...it's just amazing.

And he's taking a pay cut this summer to help us fans to be able to follow a better team for the next couple years hopefully.

I don't think most fans these days realize just what a joke the Mavs were from 91 through 99....before Cuban and Dirk.

Couldnt have said it any better

gonna be a sad day when the big german retires.

hopefully we can remain very competitive till the day he retires. would be great to see him have one last chance at a ring, and maybe get to 30k points.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    I appreciate Dirk and his greatness. But the thread title made me appreciate Hondo more. He is not known for his scoring and still one of the very important players with 26+k points.

Another realization of me is Dirk might end up with 30+k points, which is crazy. He would be 7th to accomplish that.
    Not known for his scoring? I think when you have the most missed shots in NBA History you better be known for some scoring mayne

Quote Originally Posted by Fazotronic
    Add Cassell. The Bucks team legit could have done some damage, and might even conquer the '01 Lakers

miles berg and DMAVS said it beautifully.... seing as how I'm from Germany and started watching in 2000, my experiences are different, but the feelings about Dirk&Mavs Franchise are the same.

The magical summer in 2011 was somewhat the icing on the cake

I want more though.. we're not that far away from legitimately contending. Please surround the German Genius with some good pieces for some deep playoff runs. Cube

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    miles berg and DMAVS said it beautifully.... seing as how I'm from Germany and started watching in 2000, my experiences are different, but the feelings about Dirk&Mavs Franchise are the same.

The magical summer in 2011 was somewhat the icing on the cake

I want more though.. we're not that far away from legitimately contending. Please surround the German Genius with some good pieces for some deep playoff runs. Cube
    Gibt es ueberhaupt deutsche basketball fans? (nicht ernst nehmen)