Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: when will mass media catch up to the fact that KD has already eclipsed Bron

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Remember when Kobestans were marching around here saying Lebron hadn't caught up to Kobe because he hadn't won anything yet?

Yeah, Lebronstans now doing the same thing.

Pretty comical.
    I think its more so that KD didnt prove himself in the playoffs yet.. he hasnt, he was great in 2012, but Lebron was better and for the overall season too. LeBron beasted in '09 and outplayed KB both RS and PO.. he was better.

Ths RS? KD ia better, but I wont give him the SEASON yet, with the playoffs still to come..

Default Re: when will mass media catch up to the fact that KD has already eclipsed Bron

I don't mind if people say KDs the better player now (I proabably agree) and he's had the better season so far, but IMO the playoffs will validate who is better. KD can't stink it up and play poorly down the stretch like last year and bron will have to play well considering his season so far pales in comparison to durants. He'll have to play well against the pacers and in the finals if they make it, especially considering he will have a much easier path to the conference final compared to durant if OKC makes it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I think its more so that KD didnt prove himself in the playoffs yet.. he hasnt, he was great in 2012, but Lebron was better and for the overall season too. LeBron beasted in '09 and outplayed KB both RS and PO.. he was better.

Ths RS? KD ia better, but I wont give him the SEASON yet, with the playoffs still to come..
    Not that I agree that Durant has surpassed LeBron, because he hasn't in my opinion, but I don't quite get this. Durant was VERY good in the playoffs in 2012 and pretty damn good in 2011. Even last year, before running out of gas against a great defensive team in Memphis who double and triple teaming him from tip to buzzer, he was still putting up great numbers.

Point being, yes LeBron was very good in the playoffs in '09, but two of the years people had started to try and argue LeBron was better than Kobe, Kobe went on and won the championship both years. So I'm not really sure how this is any or much different.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    and quite frankly it ain't even that close anymore. Bron is cheesing for his efficienccy stats in the east on a stacked team, while KD is basically outdoing him daily without even breaking a sweat. It's really getting kind of pathetic, I can imagine the trepidation and anxiety in Bron's mind and heart as he check the NBA boxscores every night knowing there's another KD 30 points on 60%+ TS game awaiting him there
    Durant is having better regular season averages, but not by very much at all (LeBron's efficiency is a very significant balance to the PPG discrepancy) and it's pretty obvious to most of us LeBron has not been playing his hardest in the RS so far.

That's really the key issue here - The King has played into June three straight years now, has much less to prove, and has just gone through the motions for much of the campaign, while Servant has not only played with a lot to prove but had to carry the team without their leader for a good stretch (which necessitated a large stat bump).

To just look at KD's regular season per-game averages being only slightly better than Bron's and conclude that he must now be the better player, especially when we just watched LeBron thoroughly outplay him in OKC a few weeks ago, is really childish.

And it's not the same as the LeBron/Kobe arguments from 2009/10, because the difference in stats was a hell of a lot more significant back then.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

I would go out and say Durant is a better player ATM but gotta wait until playoffs. But People saying he only scores better is stupid. Durant became a great playmaker and his defense is getting better every year. Lebron fans just getting insecure thats all.

marlo is the smartest living being on ISH and its not even close

Banned

When he wins a title. At that point lebrons becomes a has been. If it's this year, then so be it. It is what it is. Durants the better player but it won't be unanimous until he wins a title

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    OKC would be 4 peating right now if they swapped Durant for Lebron. Lebron > Durant

right, with Westbrook hogging the ball.

Durant has had the better season, but I would not call him the better player yet.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    Durant has had the better season, but I would not call him the better player yet.
    Exactly. This would be like saying Steve Nash > Kobe just because he outperformed him a year for MVP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Exactly. This would be like saying Steve Nash > Kobe just because he outperformed him a year for MVP
    Ridiculous. Not even close to the same scenario

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Ridiculous. Not even close to the same scenario
    you would say that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    marlo is the smartest living being on ISH and its not even close

Also lmfao at Joyner who disappeared during Chokevins rough stretch.
    what a bit**

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

guarantee bron and the heat beat them if they meet up in the finals tho

[COLOR="Magenta"]yea kd is way better than LB now

And melo is also having a better year then LB # Wise

and if melo was a lil more consistent i would take melo over LB Also as a ovrl player [/COLOR]