Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 282

Thread: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

  1. #16
    Lurker embersyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    4,500

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    How's that Assassins Creed 4? Thinking about getting it.

    Do I need to play the previous ones first?
    Haven't played any recent ones, but 1+2 and Brotherhood all had a continuing storyline that picked up exactly where the previous game left off. Been looking for a pack of these games because I played the first 2 on PC, then switched to PS3 for Brotherhood, and wasn't able to get into it on the console, never beat Brotherhood as a result and fell out of touch with the series.

  2. #17
    NBA Legend DeuceWallaces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Last beta weekend for ESO starts at noon today. Will probably take up a big part of my weekend.

  3. #18
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,093

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Haven't played any recent ones, but 1+2 and Brotherhood all had a continuing storyline that picked up exactly where the previous game left off. Been looking for a pack of these games because I played the first 2 on PC, then switched to PS3 for Brotherhood, and wasn't able to get into it on the console, never beat Brotherhood as a result and fell out of touch with the series.
    Played a lot of 1, didn't touch the series until 3, it was ok, long though and never finished it.
    Have 4, sweet as, haven't finished it cause I was way more interested in doing side quest and having naval battles, shits all over 3 and some.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,187

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    just started playing fire emblem awakening on my 3ds last night. Pretty cool game so far.

  5. #20
    Hold the door nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    4,369

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Just picked up 2K11 for $2 at Gamestop. Can't wait to get home and hope I didn't delete my game saves.

  6. #21
    Home of the 16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ☆Home of the 16☆
    Posts
    7,203

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    So, 2k14 is lame.... After 5 seasons with the Lakers, the owner decides to fire me because he's "very frustrated" with me, omfg s*ck a fat d*!!!! I brought another 2 rings to the team and this is how you repay me. I brought Melo, I brought Russell Westrbrook after Kobe retired in the summer of 2017. Had 25m cap space, signed Westbrook, but failed to win a ring (simulated the playoffs), brought in Tony Parker a season after, traded Westbrook (Rated 96^99) for Anthony Davis (92) & a game after that. that's when I get fired. zzzzzzzzzz

    MyPlayer is boring. The game physics is lacking for me, the players seem to be wobbly? No I'm not high. lol But the graphics is amazing, though.

  7. #22
    Life goes on. ILLsmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,536

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    So, 2k14 is lame.... After 5 seasons with the Lakers, the owner decides to fire me because he's "very frustrated" with me, omfg s*ck a fat d*!!!! I brought another 2 rings to the team and this is how you repay me. I brought Melo, I brought Russell Westrbrook after Kobe retired in the summer of 2017. Had 25m cap space, signed Westbrook, but failed to win a ring (simulated the playoffs), brought in Tony Parker a season after, traded Westbrook (Rated 96^99) for Anthony Davis (92) & a game after that. that's when I get fired. zzzzzzzzzz

    MyPlayer is boring. The game physics is lacking for me, the players seem to be wobbly? No I'm not high. lol But the graphics is amazing, though.
    lol yea I mean it prolly is lame, but shit like that is good for gaming I think. What's wrong with getting fired when you feel you were doing a good job? Happens all of the time in reality.

    -Smak

  8. #23
    Hold the door nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    4,369

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Hey outbreak, did you hear Don Bradman Cricket is out on the 3rd of April? The more I hear about the career mode the more excited I get.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,187

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Hey outbreak, did you hear Don Bradman Cricket is out on the 3rd of April? The more I hear about the career mode the more excited I get.
    saw that the other day. I also saw IGN's game play demo and it looked pretty sick, been really itching for it after seeing that. I was hoping to see more on the career mode though, what have you heard about it? Is it similar to nba2k myplayer and can you use the custom rosters in it?
    Last edited by outbreak; 03-20-2014 at 12:19 AM.

  10. #25
    Hold the door nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    4,369

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    saw that the other day. I also saw IGN's game play demo and it looked pretty sick, been really itching for it after seeing that. I was hoping to see more on the career mode though, what have you heard about it? Is it similar to nba2k myplayer and can you use the custom rosters in it?
    The IGN demo was on an older build apparently, they've made improvements since.

    The career mode looks super customizeable and very involved, and yeah sounds a lot like NBA 2K. You can upload all your own teams from user created ones before you start. Just like 2K, you can sim parts of the match where you don't play. You can choose to field or just sim through it, but you don't get XP points for simming. I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers has been playing the career mode 4 hours a day for like 2 months and he's only 4 years in his player's career.

    Here's the official line on what's in the mode.

    * You play as One Player - Name Him and Alter his Appearance, give him a nationality and set attributes

    * You give your player a Role - batter, bowler, batting all rounder, bowling all rounder

    * You start as a 16 year old and go for 20 years

    * You are offered Contracts each year with performance related bonuses

    * There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team

    * Skills are increased by playing the game well, or decreased by playing badly, as your skill level increases so will your rank, your rank can also decrease as well.

    * Match Types and Lengths of matches increase as your rank increases - with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5

    * The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time.

    * Money you earn is used as a High Score on an Online Leaderboard

    * There is also a unique First Person View (as well as 3rd person), we have even integrated Oculus with the PC version and it was awesome, it felt like you were there!!

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,187

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    The IGN demo was on an older build apparently, they've made improvements since.

    The career mode looks super customizeable and very involved, and yeah sounds a lot like NBA 2K. You can upload all your own teams from user created ones before you start. Just like 2K, you can sim parts of the match where you don't play. You can choose to field or just sim through it, but you don't get XP points for simming. I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers has been playing the career mode 4 hours a day for like 2 months and he's only 4 years in his player's career.

    Here's the official line on what's in the mode.
    I really can't wait for this, I've been wanting a career mode in a cricket game ever since I played my first nba2k game years ago. I'm going to have to really try to smash through my current back log of 3ds games next week because when this comes out I doubt I'll be playing anything else for awhile.

  12. #27
    Life goes on. ILLsmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,536

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    ay **** that MMO bullshit. See me on NBA 2k14 ps4.

    See me AT THE PARK. Get on my team. My 68 rated Chinese looking afro guy.

    I'll show you some shit you've never seen. Nobody knows what the **** I'm gonna do... just be ready to press square.

    -Smak

  13. #28
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    lakers r done
    Posts
    4,954

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    I can't believe I just now got to playing MGS4....6 years after its release! What a great game. It's aged a little bit, but worth the experience. Great game.

  14. #29
    Home of the 16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ☆Home of the 16☆
    Posts
    7,203

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I can't believe I just now got to playing MGS4....6 years after its release! What a great game. It's aged a little bit, but worth the experience. Great game.
    How dare you......

    What possessed you to not play it?

  15. #30
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    lakers r done
    Posts
    4,954

    Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    How dare you......

    What possessed you to not play it?
    I just kept pushing it back as other games came out. I had previously played all other games in the series except portable ops for the psp. I'm gonna move on to MGS5 Ground Zeroes now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •