Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118
  1. #31
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,248

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7
    I hate my own "Laker fans", seems like only Kobe can have an off game these days without people screaming they "suck
    . Bynum will be fine, not only is he 19, he's a young 19. The youngest player ever to play in the NBA. He has a tremendous array of fundamentals for such a young big man. Low post, skilled 7 footers are too rare these days to be just giving up on a 19 year old.

    Fickle Kobe fans make me want to puke.
    So because I don't buy into the Bynum hype like you do I'm just a Kobe fan? Judging by your other posts you're trying too hard to make yourself look like the only "real" Lakers fan on here.

    Dwight Howard was 19, Amare was 19, they were beasts. Bynum is a joke, trade him while he still has value.


    I'm proud of the Los Angeles Lakers today. They gave a good effort considering the suspension and injuries they've been dealing with. Good job Los Angeles Lakers!!!
    Someone didn't watch the game.
    Last edited by LakersDynasty; 03-08-2007 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #32
    Saw a basketball once
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Anyone who makes any definitive judgements one way or another with a 19 year old player whose shown glimpses of being a star, and also made Kwame Brown look like a ball handling God, is simply ignorant.

    I appreciate the fact that the Lakers front office wants to keep Bynum in their hands in case he does turn out to be a truly great player, but at some point you have to placate your star player, otherwise they'll turn into AI/KG, disgruntled, angry, and ultimately a failure to win anything on their own.

    Not only that, with Odom's apparently Mr. Glass like fraility, what on earth do they have to offer to get anything substantial except for expiring contracts, to rectify this situation so that Bynum can mature on a team with real expectations of success; and not riding Kobe to another 6th, 7th or 8th seed and 1st round exit, all the while witnessing one of the greatest players of our time crumbling under his inability to cary a team single handedly...

  3. #33
    How Do U Like Me Mfer?
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,742

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    and like when your beginning a high pressure job, it takes time to learn

    Do i need to list all the players who started slowly but were drafted with the view to develop?
    Believe me, Ander Bynum will be next "Kwame Brown". Not next KG.

  4. #34
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    So because I don't buy into the Bynum hype like you do I'm just a Kobe fan? Judging by your other posts you're trying too hard to make yourself look like the only "real" Lakers fan on here.

    Dwight Howard was 19, Amare was 19, they were beasts. Bynum is a joke, trade him while he still has value.



    Someone didn't watch the game.

    What were you expecting today??? Alot of people were probably expecting worse. Just be happy nobody else got suspended or injured.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mexifornia
    Posts
    1,900

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    **** the buss family and cupcake seriously these idiots don't know **** about drafting, buss is probably at playboy mansion and i can't believe the lakers did not pick gerald green or danny granger

  6. #36
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore 24/7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    So because I don't buy into the Bynum hype like you do I'm just a Kobe fan? Judging by your other posts you're trying too hard to make yourself look like the only "real" Lakers fan on here.
    When you have been following the Lakers as a fan since you were a kid and have watched guys develop a female-like obsession over Kobe to the point of scapegoating every single non-Kobe Laker player for all their problems, you get kinda of s!ck over this sh!t. Not only am I Laker fan but Kobe is my favorite player, not to the point that I have lost all my objectivity though. What kind of true fans wouldn't hesitate to make a topic sayng how certain Laker players suck, but have almost never found themselves saying an ill word about their superstar, even if has played lousy?

    I'm from SoCal and supposedly you are too, so you get a pass. But to all "Lakers fans" who aren't from SoCal and have latched onto "our" team, and are constantly ripping on all the Lakers sans Kobe, while acting like Kobe is god almighty himself, you can kiss my ass you bunch of hero worshippers.

  7. #37
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,248

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    What were you expecting today??? Alot of people were probably expecting worse. Just be happy nobody else got suspended or injured.
    Like I said numerous times in this thread, my frustration with Bynum doesn't come from one game, it's been going on since december. He hasn't made any strides forward since the pre-season.

  8. #38
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    Like I said numerous times in this thread, my frustration with Bynum doesn't come from one game, it's been going on since december. He hasn't made any strides forward since the pre-season.

    He hasn't had a chance to make any strides forward. This team has been plagued with injuries. No one expected Andrew Bynum to be playing as many minutes as he is playing right now. He is supposed to be a two to three year project, yet he's been asking to do more than anyone has ever expected of him to do. He wasn't supposed to play this many games. He was supposed to play behind Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm and learn from their experiences, but the circumstances that have arisen has turned him into a starter which no one expected of until a couple years from now.

    At least consider those facts before bashing the man.

  9. #39
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,248

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7
    When you have been following the Lakers as a fan since you were a kid and have watched guys develop a female-like obsession over Kobe to the point of scapegoating every single non-Kobe Laker player for all their problems, you get kinda of s!ck over this sh!t. Not only am I Laker fan but Kobe is my favorite player, not to the point that I have lost all my objectivity though. What kind of true fans wouldn't hesitate to make a topic sayng how certain Laker players suck, but have almost never found themselves saying an ill word about their superstar, even if has played lousy?
    I've blamed Kobe plenty of times for losses especially in the beginning of the season when he was struggling and the supporting cast was playing really well. Early in the season it seemed like the only time we lost is when Kobe had an off night because our supporting cast was very consistent, always 1 or 2 guys that would go off for 20+ points. But with the injuries and the way things have been going since january it's hard to put much blame on Kobe who is our most consistent player.

    I get frustrated when I see that our players aren't playing with 100% effort, don't try on defense and make ill-advised decisions (Parker, Cook in particular). When they do good, I praise them, when they **** up, I bash them. It just happens that we've been losing much more often than we've been winning. Bynum falls right in there with Cook and Smush because his head is not in the game, he doesn't have heart, doesn't have pride. This is why I find it hard to bash players like Evans, and Turiaf because even if they have an off night you know that they were playing their heart out. Smush was laughing tonight after he misses a freethrow (as he usually does), and I'm not supposed to get mad as a fan?

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WINNING!
    Posts
    7,232

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    First thing is first, and I've been saying this for a while..try to WIN now while we have a HOF player in his prime. It was all good in November/December be they were winning...if it aint broke, dont fix it. We were winning and developing Bynum at the same time.

    But ask yourself this, what IF Bynum doesnt turn into a stud like hes projectedto? Lets say he turns into Gasol (Good all-star player)..when? When Kobe is 34,35? Why not have Gasol right now at 26 playing with a Prime Kobe. Bynum wont turn into KG either, why not have KG right now playing with a PRime Kobe. Not to mention, PJax. You have to take oppurtunites to win when you have a star on your hands, especially someone that wants to win as badly as Kobe. Thats the issue here. Legit help can be brought right now.

    And Ridonks, no roller coaster here. I call it how I see it. Im not going to be optimistic claiming 50 win season (as I did in preseason) when half our lineup is out, and at a 33-29 record
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 03-08-2007 at 01:37 AM.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mexifornia
    Posts
    1,900

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    are the twolfs or memphis willing to trade for bynum?

  12. #42
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    First thing is first, and I've been saying this for a while..try to WIN now while we have a HOF player in his prime. It was all good in November/December be they were winning...if it aint broke, dont fix it. We were winning and developing Bynum at the same time.

    But ask yourself this, what IF Bynum doesnt turn into a stud like hes projectedto? Lets say he turns into Gasol (Good all-star player)..when? When Kobe is 34,35? Why not have Gasol right now at 26 playing with a Prime Kobe. Bynum wont turn into KG either, why not have KG right now playing with a PRime Kobe. Not to mention, PJax. You have to take oppurtunites to win when you have a star on your hands. Thats the issue here. Legit help can be brought right now.

    And Ridonks, no roller coaster here. I call it how I see it. Im not going to be optimistic claiming 50 win season (as I did in preseason) when half our lineup is out, and at a 33-29 record

    Why are you asking these questions now when the trading deadline is passed already??? You want Pau Gasol??? Consider which General Manager you're trading him to, look at the Los Angeles Lakers roster, then think about Pau Gasol again...on the Memphis Grizzlies.

  13. #43
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4life
    are the twolfs or memphis willing to trade for bynum?

    Jerry West, General Manager of the Memphis Grizzlies, knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out and Kevin McHale, well, he's stuck on Kevin Garnett and probably is reluctant to trade to his old-time rival.

    Trade Jordan Farmar and cash to the Phoenix Suns for their 2007 first rounder.

  14. #44
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WINNING!
    Posts
    7,232

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Why are you asking these questions now when the trading deadline is passed already??? You want Pau Gasol??? Consider which General Manager you're trading him to, look at the Los Angeles Lakers roster, then think about Pau Gasol again...on the Memphis Grizzlies.
    I'm just saying, why are Lakers making Bynum so untouchable? Its not even about Bynum's playing right now, its about getting legit help to win NOW.

    I threw KG and Gasol out there because both are rumored as trades this summer and both Memphis and Minnesota have made it clear they want young players in the deals

  15. #45
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,248

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Why are you asking these questions now when the trading deadline is passed already??? You want Pau Gasol??? Consider which General Manager you're trading him to, look at the Los Angeles Lakers roster, then think about Pau Gasol again...on the Memphis Grizzlies.
    Pau Gasol was going to be traded before the deadline to the Bulls, but the Grizzlies wanted both Gordon and Deng and Bulls said they could only have one of those players, that's the only reason he's still a Grizzly right now.

    He's not happy there, he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team while he is in his prime. We could trade Bynum + filler for Gasol in the offseason if Jerry West accepts the offer, but Kupchak has already stated that Bynum is untouchable so I don't see it happening no matter how the Laker season turns out.

    The whole point of playing in the NBA is to try to win a title, it's obvious that the Lakers can't even contend for it for the next few years unless they get some help, so why not try to contend now while you have some major pieces (Kobe, Phil) instead of gambling with a 19 year old that might or might not pan out. Then what? You're going to look back and say "If the Lakers had traded Bynum for Gasol back then when it was possible, we could have had a real shot at a title."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •