Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who is the tallest man you have ever seen (discounting basketball players)?

Did some drinking with this native cat I met while on vacation a few years back who was pushing 7 feet, easy. Fricken monster...

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the tallest man you have ever seen (discounting basketball players)?

Saw this one dude at the gas station once.

Now, I've known and seen many tall people. Had a few friends above 6'7, and have met various Sun's Centers including Shaq.

This guy had them all beat. Not so much in height, even though he stood over 7 foot. This guy was just huge and stout af. He didn't even look towering like most tall people because his body was so wide; like a built 5'10 guy just blown up.

His fist was bigger than my head. He was a true giant.

I saw this black guy in a hotel lobby about 10 years ago, this guy had to be like 7'5. I say that because Ive stood next to a few 7 footers, and this guy just seemed absurdly tall. I once saw Shawn Bradley, that was a freakish experience too.

Banned

Some Sudanese guy He had to be at least 7'0 maybe a relative of manute bol

A classmate in highschool was 7'1", he had/has this tumor thingy in his brain that made him keep growing forever, he is probably even taller now.

Lebron of ISH

Never met any one taller than me off the basketball court

Banned

the tallest guy I've met and had his height actually confirmed was 6'5. He used to play pro ball in europe (i think it was in serbia) in the 80s. When I met him I thought he would say he was 6"10 or tallet. Made me realise people I've seen and assumed where close to 7" are no where near it.

Going by height differential there was a kid I played football with in the under 11's age group and he was 6"1 at 11 years old, in AFL football you have a ruck where the ball it thrown up and 2 tall guys jump and tap it to someone else, he would just stand there without jumping and catch the ball every single time and the other ruckman couldn't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    Never met any one taller than me off the basketball court
    how tall are you?

there was a kid at my school who was 6'9 and I worked with a guy who was 6'8ish.... Tall gangly dudes.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    Saw this one dude at the gas station once.

Now, I've known and seen many tall people. Had a few friends above 6'7, and have met various Sun's Centers including Shaq.

This guy had them all beat. Not so much in height, even though he stood over 7 foot. This guy was just huge and stout af. He didn't even look towering like most tall people because his body was so wide; like a built 5'10 guy just blown up.

His fist was bigger than my head. He was a true giant.
    I know what u mean, size and height is different. Once I saw a HUGE GUY in terms of overall size, he's probably 6'4-6'5. (He's not really that tall but imagine Ronnie Coleman kind of body with that frame).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I saw this black guy in a hotel lobby about 10 years ago, this guy had to be like 7'5. I say that because Ive stood next to a few 7 footers, and this guy just seemed absurdly tall. I once saw Shawn Bradley, that was a freakish experience too.
    Hmm, cool since you have experience with tall guys...i will ask, how tall do you think the guy I met was? His shoulder was 1 and a half head higher than my head. I'm 5'9. Going by calculations, he should be around 7'10 (LOL!) I can't believe i've met someone that is even taller than the tallest guy in the NBA (If my calculations were correct). Worst case scenario though that guy was close to Yao's kind of height, he was THAT TALL.

Now, looking at photos..im pretty sure that guy I met was about Yao's height. You can see in this photo his shoulder was 1 to 1 and a half head taller than normal people...
    Last edited by tgan3; 03-18-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Met a 7-footer on a fishing trip once. He was bigger than Shaq. I got sea legs and fell into him and almost hurt myself lol.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    the tallest guy I've met and had his height actually confirmed was 6'5. He used to play pro ball in europe (i think it was in serbia) in the 80s. When I met him I thought he would say he was 6"10 or tallet. Made me realise people I've seen and assumed where close to 7" are no where near it.

Going by height differential there was a kid I played football with in the under 11's age group and he was 6"1 at 11 years old, in AFL football you have a ruck where the ball it thrown up and 2 tall guys jump and tap it to someone else, he would just stand there without jumping and catch the ball every single time and the other ruckman couldn't do anything about it.
    Dang, that's kind of crazy. The tallest you've ever met is 6'5''? My own brother is 6'5'' barefoot, ha.

That said, I'm struggling to think of the tallest person I've met who wasn't involved in basketball in some form. The tallest guy I played against in high school was a 6'10'' feller who ended up at William & Mary. There was a smattering of 6'7'' to 6'9''ers spread throughout the rest of our schedule. Also, I think there was a 6'11'' or seven footer at my IBL tryout who'd previously played pro ball in Luxembourg or France or something. And one of our opposing athletic directors was 6'10'', but I think he was a former ballplayer as well.

Truly struggling to think of the tallest non-basketball-related person.

My uncle is 6'7" 350 lbs. He's a big dude. But the tallest guy I've seen in person had to have been at least 7'3". I was standing at the bar waiting for the bartender and the guy stood next to me. I saw the mirror behind the bar and I looked tiny at 6'2".