Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wife Didn't Know She Was Filming The Cops Killing Her Husband [VIDEO]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbI5HHz7fJU

Very sickening... hard to watch. If you don't want to watch the Scene filmed by his Wife, skip it, they tell you what happened.

Default Re: Wife Didn't Know She Was Filming The Cops Killing Her Husband [VIDEO]

Hicktown

Default Re: Wife Didn't Know She Was Filming The Cops Killing Her Husband [VIDEO]

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    ****ing disgusting. They basically murdered someone for no reason. Those cops should get life sentences in jail. Since they are cops though, they'll probably only get 20-30 years.
    They get suspended with pay.... paid holiday, sweet.

NBA rookie of the year

This story is relatively old and very tragic.

IIRC the wife got in an argument with the daughter at a movie theater. (I think they considered the daughter a problem child, she was being rebellious, sneaking out, seeing guys they didnt like, etc)

the mother slaps the daughter. (also note the daughter is legally an adult, I believe she is 19) someone calls the cops because they think they are seeing abuse.

The cops respond, and based on their training they always go after the target they consider the biggest threat. In this case the father. They ask him for identification, he refuses and tells them to mind their own business as this is only a family problem. Anyways the cops than try to arrest him and he resists.

They force him on the ground and restrain him. In the process his breathing is either cut off or made extremely difficult. The father had weight issues to begin with and this plus the weight of 5 cops' knees on his back and restricting his arms (which cuts blood flow) probably resulted in his heart stopping.

this is the raw footage incase you were wondering
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6wY5m3gFk

tyt imo lets too much of their biases get into stories like this sometimes watch the raw video. I could be wrong, but based on my reading the cops didnt beat him in the way tyt reported. He died while being restrained.

Its a tragic story, caused by several cultural differences. eg. disciplining kids vs child abuse, family matter vs providing documentation to cops.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 03-15-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Banned

Fvck the police.

This is why I cheer when the bad guys kill a cop.

It is a joyous moment when a cop is killed.

I hate The Young Turks. I hate seeing people talking about the video, just show me the video and let me make up my own damn mind

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Its a tragic story, caused by several cultural differences. eg. disciplining kids vs child abuse, family matter vs providing documentation to cops.
    It's totally overboard police behavior that they are all sitting with their knees on him while pressing his head into the ground like that.

"well cops need to not get hurt" - But it's not black and white, in a situation like this they could at least let his head go and let him talk, they didn't need that many guys on him either after he's down. If he really was going to act out while on the ground a cop might get a bruise, but that's worth not killing a man like that.

How could the cops not know that it was the mother who hit her before they did this? The male might be the biggest threat upon arrival, but why isn't it more important to know what situation you're dealing with than the name of the only male? As long as he's not pulling a gun or attacking why is getting his ID more important than finding out why you've been called to the incident?

God damn that was disgusting to watch, I lost my own father a week ago today. Wouldn't wish upon anybody to have it happen like it did in that video, it's hard enough by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    I hate The Young Turks. I hate seeing people talking about the video, just show me the video and let me make up my own damn mind
    I don't see whats wrong with TYT... also they always add to the discussion with valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    It's totally overboard police behavior that they are all sitting with their knees on him while pressing his head into the ground like that.

"well cops need to not get hurt" - But it's not black and white, in a situation like this they could at least let his head go and let him talk, they didn't need that many guys on him either after he's down. If he really was going to act out while on the ground a cop might get a bruise, but that's worth not killing a man like that.

How could the cops not know that it was the mother who hit her before they did this? The male might be the biggest threat upon arrival, but why isn't it more important to know what situation you're dealing with than the name of the only male? As long as he's not pulling a gun or attacking why is getting his ID more important than finding out why you've been called to the incident?

God damn that was disgusting to watch, I lost my own father a week ago today. Wouldn't wish upon anybody to have it happen like it did in that video, it's hard enough by itself.
    It was hard to watch... and yeah, they didn't even have a reason to ask/get the ID... and if its not given to them, then don't fkn beat him up. Why not calmly put his hands on the back, arrest him for an hour or so to sort it out, and TALK. And even that wouldn't have been necessary, the Guy wasnt even involved in the conflict.

TOTALLY uncalled for and just sad

NBA rookie of the year

Thats how cops are trained to restrain people resisting arrest. Get them face down and put a knee to the small of the back, while forcing the arms behind their back and cuffing them.

Perhaps their training needs to be modified. Im just providing another perspective. IIRC the cops in this case didnt start bashing the fathers skull with nightsticks or tasing him. He died while being restrained.

Thats how cops always react. One of my brothers is a cop. He is trained to always arrest the male in a domestic disturbance case if the situation seems uncontrollable/not calmed down yet. there have been cases where the male shows clear signs of being injured, Eg, deep scratches that draw blood from the face, bite marks, etc. and yet it is the husband/boyfriend that gets removed to the police station to allow the situation to calm down.

I am 70% sure that if Luis Rodriguez had provided identification the cops would have given him a chance to talk. Instead he refused and basically told the cops to mind their own business, because he considered it a family matter.

To the cops they were investigating a case of abuse/assault. They made the decision to arrest Rodriguez and detain him. 99% sure if he complied and surrendered he would have been take to the police station and released several hours later, when the cops were sure he had done nothing wrong.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    It was hard to watch... and yeah, they didn't even have a reason to ask/get the ID... and if its not given to them, then don't fkn beat him up. Why not calmly put his hands on the back, arrest him for an hour or so to sort it out, and TALK. And even that wouldn't have been necessary, the Guy wasnt even involved in the conflict.

TOTALLY uncalled for and just sad
    According to every report he resisted arrest.

According to every report he resisted arrest.
    what was he arrested for?

Thats how cops are trained to restrain people resisting arrest. Get them face down and put a knee to the small of the back, while forcing the arms behind their back and cuffing them.

Perhaps their training needs to be modified. Im just providing another perspective. IIRC the cops in this case didnt start bashing the fathers skull with nightsticks or tasing him. He died while being restrained.

Thats how cops always react. One of my brothers is a cop. He is trained to always arrest the male in a domestic disturbance case if the situation seems uncontrollable/not calmed down yet. there have been cases where the male shows clear signs of being injured, Eg, deep scratches that draw blood from the face, bite marks, etc. and yet it is the husband/boyfriend that gets removed to the police station to allow the situation to calm down.

I am 70% sure that if Luis Rodriguez had provided identification the cops would have given him a chance to talk. Instead he refused and basically told the cops to mind their own business, because he considered it a family matter.

To the cops they were investigating a case of abuse/assault. They made the decision to arrest Rodriguez and detain him. 99% sure if he complied and surrendered he would have been take to the police station and released several hours later, when the cops were sure he had done nothing wrong.
    Yeah like I said totally overboard, I saw the video and right after they got him cuffed he was rather calm, then they collectively chocked him out.

That the training you describe is non-sensical you can't really question, going after the male instead of seperating all involved parties asking what happened...you know, defuse the situation..

But the biggest thing is how they don't use common sense when restraining this guy, killing him right before his family. Why couldn't that guy holding down his head just let go and listen to what he had to say? The guy moaned, wasn't moving and they just chocked him out.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I don't see whats wrong with TYT... also they always add to the discussion with valid points.
    Tyt allows their bias to influence the facts about their reporting.

Eg. in this story they claimed that Luis Rodiguez was beat to death. He died while being restrained.

In another case a death row inmate wrote a letter decrying the death penalty. They reported the case in a way that made it seem like he wasn't directly involved in the murder. they were very sympathetic to the inmate. later they amended their original report saying how they inmate sliced the victim's throat and called out to his accomplice to come over and stab the victim to death.

Bias is fine when it comes to analysis, but if it affects how you deliver the facts you are no better than fox news.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    what was he arrested for?
    -some one called the cops when the daughter was slapped by the mom.
    -cops showed up asked Luis Rodriguez for ID
    -Rodriguez refused.

Thats enough reason for people to be detained under our laws. I believe the period a person can be detained without reason varies by state but always is under 24 hours.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah like I said totally overboard, I saw the video and right after they got him cuffed he was rather calm, then they collectively chocked him out.

That the training you describe is non-sensical you can't really question, going after the male instead of seperating all involved parties asking what happened...you know, defuse the situation..

But the biggest thing is how they don't use common sense when restraining this guy, killing him right before his family. Why couldn't that guy holding down his head just let go and listen to what he had to say? The guy moaned, wasn't moving and they just chocked him out.
    1. I dont see choking the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqtZhaZzak

The cops put a lot of pressure and stress on a man, who lets be honest probably didnt have the best cardiovascular health.

2. I think you are going to be very upset when IA comes back and clears the cops.