Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Get On Up: James Brown Biopic Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    True story- a few years back I was working in real estate, got tired of it, decided I may want to try acting as a side hobby. Went on craigslist to see if any Indie/student films were looking for talent/crew/etc. Saw someone looking for actors for his directorial debut called 'blood on a broken pawn' or something to that effect. Sent a pic of myself and a made up resume. Got a response and he wanted me for a part and sent me the script. Shit was awful and I saw his name was Chadwick Boseman. Thought to myself, da fuq kinda name is that?

Passed on it.

Of course a few years later I'm on the subway and see a poster for the Jackie Robinson bipoic and who's the star? Muhphuckin Chadwick Boseman of course

I'm sure there's a life lesson in there somewhere.

National High School Star

Default Re: Get On Up: James Brown Biopic Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Everyone says he does a good job.

I was going through the stations today and Good Morning America was on. They were interviewing Mick Jagger. And the lady asked Mick did JB get his moves from you. I thought she was joking at first but was serious.
    Mick Jagger with his strutting & duck walking can hardly be called dancing & Jagger probably learned the importance of stage presence from people like James Brown(I assume he set this uninformed interviewer straight).. Not shocking as I also roll my eyes when the origins of Rock music are traced to 1954 when we all know that's bullshit.

Boseman did an excellent job & I pretty much accepted him as James Brown. Whereas Ray Charles can be played with more subtlety there is nothing much subtle about a character like James Brown. He should at least get a nomination.

Very entertaining if you like James Brown , but I had to remind myself this isn't a documentary when I wondered why certain subjects weren't covered.

Brutally honest at times & I absolutely cringed at a domestic violence scene in the film which didn't go into details about all of James' faults(drug abuse /domestic violence,etc.) ,but didn't sugarcoat it neither.