Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Banned

Default Re: Soccer/Football Current Players Tournament & Matchups

NYN has arrived. This thread has been marked as my territory.

The first votes coming soon...

Banned

The votes:
    Overdrive vs KC16

I will need to hand this vote to Overdrive. KC16 has an alright attack but that midfield just isn't going to work. Cabaye and Kaka are both #10s and Yaya is a box to box player that KC is playing in a holding defensive mid role, which wastes everything good about him. The defense is not great either going on recent form, Dante has made several high profile mistakes and Dani Alvez just has never been a great defender. Neymar and Alaba will tear his flank apart. Alvez is great on Barca because they never lose the ball but I dont think this team can keep possession like Barca.

Overdrive's defense is amazing, the midfielders all would work together well and are played in their proper position, and Manzukic is one of the best targetman around, with Neymar providing all the flair and spark of creativity and ability to make something out of nothing.

final predicted score-2-0

next vote coming soon
    Last edited by Nick Young; 03-19-2014 at 07:28 AM.

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

I vote for Overdrive and aleomessi.

Both by a good margin tbh.

Banned

The next vote:
    iamgine vs alenleomessi
    This matchup, my vote goes to iamgine. I believe with his setup of Cassano dropping deep, plus the players he has, his midfield would simply overwhelm Alenleomessis. Alenleomessi also has a very weak defense in this tournament compared to the other teams, and the midfield apart from Matuidi does not provide alot of great defensive cover for them. Lahm should be able to match up well with Hazard, and alenleomessi's fullbacks aren't strong enough offensively for him to properly exploit his numbers advantage on the flanks.

With the tactical setups as they are, Cassano, Fabregas and Cazorla have a ton of space right between Leo's midfield and defense where they will be able to do whatever they want. Those are three players you don't want to allow to do whatever they want and give so much space to.

Also, Alenleomessi doesn't really ever talk about his tactical set up, or game plan or player instructions, only about how great each player is. Iamagine has a gameplan and his team has an identity, these two things are very important in a tournament like this.

Final predicted score: Iamagine 3-1 alenleomessi
    Last edited by Nick Young; 03-19-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    The next vote:
    iamgine vs alenleomessi
    This matchup, my vote goes to iamgine. I believe with his setup of Cassano dropping deep, plus the players he has, his midfield would simply overwhelm Alenleomessis. Alenleomessi also has a very weak defense in this tournament compared to the other teams, and the midfield apart from Matuidi does not provide alot of great defensive cover for them. Lahm should be able to match up well with Hazard, and alenleomessi's fullbacks aren't strong enough offensively for him to properly exploit his numbers advantage on the flanks.

With the tactical setups as they are, Cassano, Fabregas and Cazorla have a ton of space right between Leo's midfield and defense where they will be able to do whatever they want. Those are three players you don't want to allow to do whatever they want and give so much space to.

Also, Alenleomessi doesn't really ever talk about his tactical set up, or game plan or player instructions, only about how great each player is. Iamagine has a gameplan and his team has an identity, these two things are very important in a tournament like this.

Final predicted score: Iamagine 3-1 alenleomessi
    the setup is passing, free flowing, attacking, keeping possession, playing from the flanks.. i dont really have to say that you would know it by looking at the team..

and lol at his midfield overwhelming me.. i have the best midfielder in the world, the best in the french league and the best in the bundes this season.
    also lahm had huge problems against players like podolski and chamberlain so im not sure how well he will matchup against hazard. very weak defense hehe.. benatia is one of the best CBs in the world this season, coleman is the best full back in EPL alongside baines, and everton has the 2nd best defense in the EPL because of him and my other CB pick, the man in the middle Jagielka. My full backs arent strong enough offensively. Coentrao and Coleman are not strong enough offensively.. Those guys are ACTUALLY WINGBACKS AND HAVE PLAYED AS WINGERS IN THE PAST.

Banned

alenleomessi vs iamgine

one team is great on O the other one is great on D . not a fan of 4-2-2-2 of iamgine. you said you want passing and possession a thing del bosque is used to but nobody plays that tactic with only two players on each wing and for sure del bosque never played without a clasic wing ( 4-4-2 at real madrid , 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 at spain ). cassano has no buisness in this tournament, you should selected better than that, way to inconsistent this season. great defensive team and with superior players up front this team could go all through. alen is pretty bad on D with Benatia-Jagielka being the worst pair in the draft. iamgine's team has not enough fire power and i think i'll go with alen this mathcup.

^I personally thought Cassano has been great this season and a partnership with Llorente is the perfect pairing. But opinion can vary.

i dont expect from you people to watch everton and roma but surely you can do a quick f*cking research about those players

Banned

kc16 vs Overdrive

not a fan of kc16's midfield trio of yaya-cabaye-kaka. the brazilian is having another bad season as his milan team. if i was you i would put yaya a little higher on the field and replace kaka with a defensive midfielder. a box to box player is not enough to defend in this tournament and cabaye is not that good on the defensive side in my opinion. also why martino ? such a bad pick considering there are better coaches available.

Overdrive as 90% of you guys with offensive full backs. what's up with that? you will have to defend, you won't play osasuna in this tournament. also i don't like the overall selection, it like something is missing, not sure what. not a great defensive team at all.

not the best teams in the draft i have to go with kc16 in a close one

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Alenleomessi vs. Iamgine

Both teams are decent defensively with a solid back 4 and good defensive mids shielding them. benatia has been one of the best defenders in the world this season and wins everything in the air .he was a steal where alen landed him. still, in this department i'd have to give the edge to iamgine who has the best fullback in the world and two physical, dominant defenders in terry and miranda. while his defense isn't quite as good, alen's attack is much better than gine's. iniesta, hazard, and lewandowski are the 3 best attacking players on the field. iamgine's formation is far too narrow for my liking as well. my vote goes to alen.

overdrive vs. kc16

individually, i would say that kc16 has better players in most positions than overdrive. both teams have solid defenses with one fullback who's a liability defensively. i'm not a fan of the willian, moura, tevez attack. i think both willian and especially lucas play better off bigger, target strikers than tevez. kaka is playing deeper than i would prefer and using yaya as a lone holding midfielder takes away from his immense box to box capabilities while i'm not convinced enough of cabaye defensively to let yaya venture forward with regularity.

i quite like the vision with which overdrive's team is built. alaba, for me, is the best left back in the world and is a world class crosser and excels in all forms of link up play. kroos and rakitic have incredible passing range and will be able to pick out defense splitting passes with regularity, especially to wingers with the speed of mertens and neymar. both kroos and rakitic also deliver great balls on set pieces and can score on free kicks. gustavo is not a stalworth on offense but he's proven that he's quite good as purely a defensive midfielder. mandzukic has shown he works very well in a system like this and i think he would be great for neymar to play off of. my vote goes to overdrive.
    Last edited by Andrew Wiggins; 03-19-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    alenleomessi vs iamgine

one team is great on O the other one is great on D . not a fan of 4-2-2-2 of iamgine. you said you want passing and possession a thing del bosque is used to but nobody plays that tactic with only two players on each wing and for sure del bosque never played without a clasic wing ( 4-4-2 at real madrid , 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 at spain ). cassano has no buisness in this tournament, you should selected better than that, way to inconsistent this season. great defensive team and with superior players up front this team could go all through. alen is pretty bad on D with Benatia-Jagielka being the worst pair in the draft. iamgine's team has not enough fire power and i think i'll go with alen this mathcup.

alen's defense is pretty good. benatia is one of the best defenders in the world and would be starting for france if he hadn't chosen to play for morocco a few years ago. jagielka would pair nicely with him. he's pretty good positionally and distributes neatly out of the back. coleman isn't a great defender but he provides good with in the attack which is needed with james playing as an inverted winger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    the setup is passing, free flowing, attacking, keeping possession, playing from the flanks.. i dont really have to say that you would know it by looking at the team..

and lol at his midfield overwhelming me.. i have the best midfielder in the world, the best in the french league and the best in the bundes this season.
    also lahm had huge problems against players like podolski and chamberlain so im not sure how well he will matchup against hazard. very weak defense hehe.. benatia is one of the best CBs in the world this season, coleman is the best full back in EPL alongside baines, and everton has the 2nd best defense in the EPL because of him and my other CB pick, the man in the middle Jagielka. My full backs arent strong enough offensively. Coentrao and Coleman are not strong enough offensively.. Those guys are ACTUALLY WINGBACKS AND HAVE PLAYED AS WINGERS IN THE PAST.
    Coleman was a winger but not a very effective one, his best attributes are stamina and work rate. Contraeo is the same.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    alen's defense is pretty good. benatia is one of the best defenders in the world and would be starting for france if he hadn't chosen to play for morocco a few years ago. jagielka would pair nicely with him. he's pretty good positionally and distributes neatly out of the back. coleman isn't a great defender but he provides good with in the attack which is needed with james playing as an inverted winger.

i don't agree. he has coleman - benatia - jagielka - coentrao - alcantara - matuidi.

alcantara is a central midfielder, coleman is a unexpierenced player that also isn't a good defender, jagielka is in normal circumstances a good one but there are at least 25 central defenders better than him in the draft. coentrao hasn't had a great season since his benfica days and is one of the worst singnings in the last 10 year. benatia is having a great season as matuidi is having at psg.

i'm seeing other teams in the draft and this is one or even the worst defensive teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Coleman was a winger but not a very effective one, his best attributes are stamina and work rate. Contraeo is the same.
    well i agree but that was in the past. he has absolutely gone apeshit this year under martinez. im paying a close attention to him this year since deulofeu mostly plays on the right flank and i swear i have never seen anyone f*ck around with coleman.. opponents actually prefer to go at baines