Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Cp3 finals or bust

Paul only has to play well. Nobody should care if he loses to OKC and the Spurs. Those are both better teams then he has.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    but GSW don't have two top 5 players on their team

So many people claim that Cp3 impacts the game as much as a Lebron/Durant/Kobe, yet for some reason nobody holds Cp3 to the same expectations?
    Nobody claims CP to be on those guys's level.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Realistically we won't criticize him if he plays well
    That's not true, because why do people still criticize his lack of playoff success when he raises his averages in the playoffs? If he plays well and his team loses because of his teammates injuries or them under performing people will just say those are excuses.

How he plays doesn't matter at all, it all depends on his teammates level of play - if his teammates play well, they'll win and he'll get respect, if they don't, they'll lose and he'll get criticism. How he plays has 0% to do with anything, no one looks at that, they just look at if he win or not.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Paul only has to play well. Nobody should care if he loses to OKC and the Spurs. Those are both better teams then he has.
    Next year when Duncan/parker get even older Clips should be there with OKC and maybe beat them.Next year is when there should be no excuse to make the WCF.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Next year when Duncan/parker get even older Clips should be there with OKC and maybe beat them.Next year is when there should be no excuse to make the WCF.
    I hear that every year about the Spurs. THree straight 50-16 seasons later....

If the Clippers are the one or two seed then we'll talk about the WCF.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

It's usually the supporting cast letting him down.
    No he played shit against the spurs iirc, but I think he did get hurt against Memphis in the series before though.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    That's not true, because why do people still criticize his lack of playoff success when he raises his averages in the playoffs? If he plays well and his team loses because of his teammates injuries or them under performing people will just say those are excuses.

How he plays doesn't matter at all, it all depends on his teammates level of play - if his teammates play well, they'll win and he'll get respect, if they don't, they'll lose and he'll get criticism. How he plays has 0% to do with anything, no one looks at that, they just look at if he win or not.
    As what happens with all supposed star players. They win they get the glory. They lose to get the blame.

Barkley had a good comment on this in Open Court.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Nobody claims CP to be on those guys's level.

i constantly see people putting cp3 in their top 3-5 players in the league

Cp3 has been a 1st team all nba player the last 2 years.

the other 1st team all nba players during this time?

Lebron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Dwight

every single one of those players if switched with Cp3 would be expected to make the finals with these current clippers, especially (in Kobe & Duncans case) if they were 28-29.

I mean how many other players are still considered top 5 players in the league without making it past the 2nd round by the time they were 29. T Mac never got the kind of passes Cp3 gets for losing in the playoffs, and T Mac never had a team as good as the teams Cp3 has been playing on
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 03-20-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

To even consider him a top 3 point guard off all time and to put him in the same sentence as Gary Payton, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Kidd and Frazier when Cp3 hasn't even made a conference finals in 9 years, is ridiculous
    I bet there was a 60s version of you saying you cant put Oscar next to much less above Bob Cousy when hes never won more than one round in the playoffs. I suspect the fans who judge basketball players by basketball playing ability laughed him out of the barbershop.

I bet the argument was very similar too.

"Hes got Jerry Lucas! A top 5 player and all NBA first team forward doing 20/20! Plus Wayne Embry. TWO all star bigmen. And Jack Twyman...one of the best scorers ever. Jack put up 31ppg before Oscar started dominating the ball his first year! Hes got 3 great players. Hes the best guard of all time? Its time to prove it! No more excuses!"

People have been dumbing down the game for easy mass consumption for too ****ing long.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I can see the Clips losing in the second round if they face the Spurs or OKC. They could beat them, but I think it's more likely that they would lose.

The Spurs have the Clips number. They are too polish offensively for the Clips to stop, and they are good enough defensively to slow the Clips down. I think OKC could defend CP3 well enough. In fact, CP3 had problems with these two two teams this year, but he did a good job at running the offense.

But if Blake Griffin continues to play at a high level, then it really depends on how well CP3 plays and how healthy they are. They shouldn't get swept or taken out in 5 games tho.

Lebron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Dwight

every single one of those players if switched with Cp3 would be expected to make the finals with these current clippers, especially (in Kobe & Duncans case) if they were 28-29.

I mean how many other players are still considered top 5 players in the league without making it past the 2nd round by the time they were 29. T Mac never got the kind of passes Cp3 gets for losing in the playoffs, and T Mac never had a team as good as the teams Cp3 has been playing on
    who in this league is better outside of Lebron and Durant? what are other players doing to deserve to be ranked higher? are they leading their teams to the finals or CF? no....

Lebron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Dwight

Nonsense. CP3 is suppose to make the Finals with Blake Griffin over Durant the so called best player in the league? This is the first year anyone has given Blake Griffin any recognition.

Once again the playoffs are about teams. Even this year CP3 does not have a finals worthy team compared to others. Now if Chris Paul was playing like a scrub like he did vs San Antonio that one year and losing in rounds where he was the clear favorite, you would have a case. He hasnt been.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I bet there was a 60s version of you saying you cant put Oscar next to much less above Bob Cousy when hes never won more than one round in the playoffs. I suspect the fans who judge basketball players by basketball playing ability laughed him out of the barbershop.

I bet the argument was very similar too.

"Hes got Jerry Lucas! A top 5 player and all NBA first team forward doing 20/20! Plus Wayne Embry. TWO all star bigmen. And Jack Twyman...one of the best scorers ever. Jack put up 31ppg before Oscar started dominating the ball his first year! Hes got 3 great players. Hes the best guard of all time? Its time to prove it! No more excuses!"

People have been dumbing down the game for easy mass consumption for too ****ing long.
    what are you even talking about? Nobody would be saying that about Cousy and Oscar because Oscar was so great/dominating in his own right and Cousy played on the fcking Celtics with possibly the greatest basketball player of all time.

Stop trying to go on your classic pseudo history lesson and actually address some of the points i've made

Cp3 is considered a top 3-5 player in the league

his team is one of the most deep/talented teams in the league

his 2nd best player is averaging 24 & 10 and is a legit MVP candidate who held the team together when Cp3 went out

Cp3 has been the league for 9 years and hasn't made it past the 2nd round

Cp3 is considered a top 3-5 player in the league..

If he he is a top 3-5 player in the league, it's finals or bust considered all of the above.

what are you even talking about? Nobody would be saying that about Cousy and Oscar because Oscar was so great/dominating in his own right and Cousy played on the fcking Celtics with possibly the greatest basketball player of all time.

Stop trying to go on your classic pseudo history lesson and actually address some of the points i've made

Cp3 is considered a top 3-5 player in the league

his team is one of the most deep/talented teams in the league

his 2nd best player is averaging 24 & 10 and is a legit MVP candidate who held the team together when Cp3 went out

Cp3 has been the league for 9 years and hasn't made it past the 2nd round

Cp3 is considered a top 3-5 player in the league..

If he he is a top 3-5 player in the league, it's finals or bust considered all of the above.
    You aren't making any sense

there is no excuse for him as a top 3-5 to not make the finals but he has to beat A guy who alot consider the MVP and the 1st or 2nd best player? I

Nonsense. CP3 is suppose to make the Finals with Blake Griffin over Durant the so called best player in the league? This is the first year anyone has given Blake Griffin any recognition.

Once again the playoffs are about teams. Even this year CP3 does not have a finals worthy team compared to others. Now if Chris Paul was playing like a scrub like he did vs San Antonio that one year and losing in rounds where he was the clear favorite, you would have a case. He hasnt been.

Nonsense. CP3 is suppose to make the Finals with Blake Griffin over Durant the so called best player in the league?
    He sure as hell better make the WCF and give OKC one hell of a series. BG is a top 5 player this year, who know's if WB will even be 100% through the entire playoffs

This is the first year anyone has given Blake Griffin any recognition.

Even this year CP3 does not have a finals worthy team compared to others..
    How is his team not a "finals worthy" team compared to others?

BG is a top 5 player in the league

Cp3 according to most is a top 5 player in the league

Doc is one of the best coaches in the league

their team is one of the most talented/deep teams in the league. This team is more than finals worthy

Now if Chris Paul was playing like a scrub like he did vs San Antonio that one year and losing in rounds where he was the clear favorite, you would have a case. He hasnt been
    that was 2012, what has he done since then to ward off the criticism?