Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much would it suck if both Parker and Embiid stay an extra year?

Would be brutal.

Lebron of ISH

Default Re: How much would it suck if both Parker and Embiid stay an extra year?

I really hope they don't. You know there are a ton of Duke alums in Parker's ear talking about how he's a winner and can't go out like that. **** the NCAA. GO get paid

Banned

Default Re: How much would it suck if both Parker and Embiid stay an extra year?

Parker might stay for personal reasons, like Marcus Smart did.

Embiid should stay because centers usually develop their offense better with extended time in college.

Andrew Wiggins
    Dante Exum
    Marcus Smart...

are the only true franchise potential prospects to be confirmed to be in the draft.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

nobody would care

Literally nothing to gain by staying an extra year. Embiid is the only who I think could maybe stay an extra year, which would make his rookie year all the better. I expect him to declare for this draft and get picked #1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Parker might stay for personal reasons, like Marcus Smart did.

Embiid should stay because centers usually develop their offense better with extended time in college.

Andrew Wiggins
    Dante Exum
    Marcus Smart...

are the only true franchise potential prospects to be confirmed to be in the draft.
    Never know, Mcdermott might end up as the next Bird

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    nobody would care
    I would, we're not going to get a top 5 pick again any time soon. As RTC said, if they stay an extra year, instead of there being 5 guys (I'm a big fan of Smart as well), there are only 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love FA and the Lakers will be fine either way, but it would be amazing if both LA and Boston get franchise players the same year, with three other power prospects going to other teams.

Also, not looking forward to another year of this tanking stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I would, we're not going to get a top 5 pick again any time soon. As RTC said, if they stay an extra year, instead of there being 5 guys (I'm a big fan of Smart as well), there are only 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love FA and the Lakers will be fine either way, but it would be amazing if both LA and Boston get franchise players the same year, with three other power prospects going to other teams.

Also, not looking forward to another year of this tanking stupidity.
    ^this. Tanking is brutal on a team's psyche.

if that happens the 76ers will tank to a 0-82 record next season

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

If Parker stays, it's almost a certainty that Duke is the favorite to win the National Title next season. The class that Duke has coming in is epic and with Parker returning, it could be case closed for Duke winning it all. It would be hard for Parker to walk away from such a great personal experience and accomplishment.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

i really hope they do!

better for both guys

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    If Parker stays, it's almost a certainty that Duke is the favorite to win the National Title next season. The class that Duke has coming in is epic and with Parker returning, it could be case closed for Duke winning it all. It would be hard for Parker to walk away from such a great personal experience and accomplishment.
    No it isn't.
    If they stay they are fvcking idiots.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Literally nothing to gain by staying an extra year. Embiid is the only who I think could maybe stay an extra year, which would make his rookie year all the better. I expect him to declare for this draft and get picked #1 though.
    Embiid has the most to lose. There are already concerns with his back as it is. You cash in right now. Both of them, and Wiggins and Randle.

Smart returned, his stock has dropped a bit, his team did shit, and the entire perception about him has changed. He went from being one of the most herald players in the country to whatever people think about him after the fan incident and a flopper.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

It would be hilarious.

It would be awesome, get it done Knicks. Of course next year is when they will try to make the playoffs. What a joke of a franchise. Maybe Phil has something to say about it.