Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Why is racism towards asians tolerated?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    White people don't get offended
    eh... watch fox news. You will change your mind.

I think its more acceptable to casually make fun of/insult asians, because they arent as culturally apart of american heritage as say, native americans, blacks, or latinos. also despite discrimination such as, building the railways, how we treated asian gold prospectors, immigration quotas, head taxes, japanese internment camps, anti asian riots, etc. It is still clear that Latinos and especially native americans and blacks have suffered much worse than asians in american history. So there is less white guilt.

Mexican americans had more than half of their country stolen, unjustly.
    Native American's had all of their lands stolen and white people committed genocide against them/ethnically cleansed them
    Black people were enslaved. African slavery was notable for how brutal/dehumanizing it was. Also jim crow laws.

Asians (in america) also never really organized to make a big deal about it. (eg. who is the asian equivalent of jesse jackson, al sharpton, cornel west, etc)

Also they don't have movements like the chicano movement or organizations like the NAACP. They arent politically organized (eg. the black and hispanic congressional caucuses have clear political agendas (for blacks addressing issues like the disparity in incomes and net worth, between blacks and whites, and other things like criminal sentencing, representation on juries, voter suppression, etc.) (hispanics care about a wide range of issues, such as immigration reform, pathways to citizenship, not breaking up families via deportation, access to education and social services, etc))

I think it has something to do with the fact that asians historically mostly come from countries without strong democratic traditions and arent used to politically organizing to advocate for their interests, on a cultural level. despite the fact that at this point asians are actually a significant portion of the american population (4.7%) they really unlike blacks and latinos, dont have a concerted political voice/pov.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 03-24-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Banned

because they dont have al sharpton and jesse jackson. if you say offending thing about blacks al sharpton and jesse jackson have their protests;

My response when they go into that territory:

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Don't worry Rambo, your race has no bearing on why I think you are a shitty poster.
    I agree with this.

Rambo I think your dumb/illogical, purely based on the intellectual quality of your posts. If anything I usually find asians intelligent, you transcend that stereotype.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I've been getting a lot of racist remarks from righttocensor and other posters. I don't mind if it's in a joking manner, but the way they are going about it is derogatory and a pathetic attempt at "getting him back." Some of the things some of these posters say about asians they won't dare to say about black people or any other race, but for some reason it's somehow ok to be racist towards asians. I can understand if they disagree with some of the points I make, but attack the points, not my race.

It's not just ISH, but society as a whole. I mean you can call me sensitive or what not, but look at it from my point of view: if I won't tolerate racism against blacks, then why should I ignore it when it is directed at me? Racism is racism. Just because I'm asian it doesn't mean it's ok to be racist towards me.
    Welcome to the internet. Racism is the lazy road to trolling, but i thank you for shining a light on what you take personally. I've made note of it.

Shut the **** up *****