Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Why did people think Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway were so great

They were good players but saying these guys were Jordan Lebron magic like before injury is just false.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Why did people think Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway were so great

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775
    They were good players but saying these guys were Jordan Lebron magic like before injury is just false.
    I see what you did there, tried to sneak Lebron in with the Icons, slow down kid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    I see what you did there, tried to sneak Lebron in with the Icons, slow down kid.

Banned

Grant was a 20/10/7 player who was solid defensively in his second season... as a SF. By age 38 after being ravaged by injury most of his career, he was able to put up 13/4/3 playing for the Suns and their top notch miracle worker medical staff. For a guy who dealt with the issues he did, you could make a strong argument that he had great longevity. His career #s are comparable to Scottie Pippen. Now imagine if he had stayed healthy his whole career. I can easily imagine him putting up 27/8/7 (48-50%) in his prime, while playing his usual solid D AKA just a rung below Bron.

Penny was a rare talent who could play PG while being a 6'8" forward ala Magic. That's where the comparison comes from, same as Bron. Not that he was on Magic's level, just similar in that regard. In just his second year he put up 21/4/7 (51% FG) while helping a young Shaq lead the Magic to the Championship.

Fans were robbed of seeing some very special, potentially ATG players. They were struck down well before their potential primes, we only really saw them still learning the game and in Grant's case, as a veteran who was still a solid contributor.

lol kid got busted

These guys were stars by their second season

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Grant was a 20/10/7 player who was solid defensively in his second season... as a SF. By age 38 after being ravaged by injury most of his career, he was able to put up 13/4/3 playing for the Suns and their top notch miracle worker medical staff. For a guy who dealt with the issues he did, you could make a strong argument that he had great longevity. His career #s are comparable to Scottie Pippen. Now imagine if he had stayed healthy his whole career. I can easily imagine him putting up 27/8/7 (48-50%) in his prime, while playing his usual solid D AKA just a rung below Bron.

Penny was a rare talent who could play PG while being a 6'8" forward ala Magic. That's where the comparison comes from, same as Bron. Not that he was on Magic's level, just similar in that regard. In just his second year he put up 21/4/7 (51% FG) while helping a young Shaq lead the Magic to the Championship.

Fans were robbed of seeing some very special, potentially ATG players. They were struck down well before their potential primes, we only really saw them still learning the game and in Grant's case, as a veteran who was still a solid contributor.
    The overrating is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Where does he overrate them? He's speaking the truth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Point out specifically where I overrate either player. I'll wait.

National High School Star

Real talk - current Steph Curry is better than both these player. I can't even imagine the destruction a team with Shaq + Curry would be + those other Orlando shooters. They'd run amok.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Real talk - current Steph Curry is better than both these player. I can't even imagine the destruction a team with Shaq + Curry would be + those other Orlando shooters. They'd run amok.
    You're on crack cocaine if you think current Steph is better than prime Grant Hill

Grant Hill was as good as they hype. Absolutely amazing player.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775

Did you ever actually see them play? They were both pretty much on track to be career all stars, maybe not quite the level of Jordan, LeBron, or Magic, but still they would have been superstars.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Have you watched them play before injury????