Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Would it kill NBA players to be a little less dramatic these days?

just because you do a soul killing job in the meaningless pursuit of money doesnt mean that others who are more passionate and alive than you are being "dramatic".

That's exactly what being in the moment and living it up is.

the idea that today's players should play exactly like greats of past eras is such BS.

I am your soldier!

Celebrating, taunting and trash talking are fine... We need more of that.

Complaining and flopping are what needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    And after reading your post again, you really do just seem like a bitter old man CavaliersFTW lol
    who wouldn't be ?......... being a cavs fan

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Do you have any idea what adrenaline is? Or being in the moment? You're getting mad that some dude did a putback dunk and then screamed.
    So players in the past didn't play with adrenaline because they didn't jump up and down like morons everytime they got a dunk. I guess adrenaline is a new thing. I guess Duncan doesn't play with adrenaline because he doesn't act like his IQ is really low in front of the cameras every time he gets a dunk.

Like I said young people won't get it. They are surrounded by this dumb culture and can't see past it.

I am not getting mad. I am calling it what it is. Someone acting like a wild animal because they scored 2 points. Simple as that. You know expressing themselves once again.
    Last edited by stanlove1111; 03-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.

yeah **** these guys for showing emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Celebrating, taunting and trash talking are fine... We need more of that.

Complaining and flopping are what needs to go.

Yeah taunting and trash talking are something we need more of..Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    These dudes get paid millions of dollar to do something they're very passionate about..what's wrong with a little excitement here and there..I know when I played in high school, I got adrenaline running through me whenever I made a good play.
    So of course you started jumping up and down like an animal if front of everyone..

I know when I played and got alittle extra adrenaline I would play just a bit harder on defense.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Probably been mentioned, but did anyone else think the overly-dramatic title of this thread (would it kill) kinda kills the message?

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Yeah taunting and trash talking are something we need more of..Idiot.

basketball was really physical in birds era and before, you should check out some highlights, that to most people was the golden age too, so, yeah, trash talking and taunting is a huge part of any sport.

larry bird was very professional off the court, too.

Less dramatic????

Cue NFL Wide Receivers.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    So players in the past didn't play with adrenaline because they didn't jump up and down like morons everytime they got a dunk. I guess adrenaline is a new thing. I guess Duncan doesn't play with adrenaline because he doesn't act like his IQ is really low in front of the cameras every time he gets a dunk.

Like I said young people won't get it. They are surrounded by this dumb culture and can't see past it.
    There's no arguing with you. You're just another one of those racist "back in my days" old farts. Your only retaliation is constantly repeating "dumb black culture. hurr durr".

I already explained not everybody needs to be like Duncan. And it's silly to expect them to be. Parker plays on the same team and he gets hyped up after momentum-shifting plays. Is he part of the dumb black culture too?

I am not getting mad. I am calling it what it is. Someone acting like a wild animal because they scored 2 points. Simple as that. You know expressing themselves once again.
    You're acting like NBA player start dancing every time they scored two points...

last night

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

last night
    Ha, that's embarrassing. I am typically not a fan of Nick Young's swagger, so to speak. I don't tend to put all forms of emotion under the same umbrella in that regard. He's a little much for me.

That said, I didn't mind when Gilbert Arenas pulled it off. Perhaps hypocritical, or maybe it just works when a player has the skills to back it up.

Last edited by Rake2204; 03-26-2014 at 03:23 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

last night
    I don't have much problem with this...Its the end of the quarter and he thought the shot was going down and it did look like it was in...As soon as he realized it, he looked for his man on defense...I have no problem with him celebrating after a end of the quarter shot but then again, wasn't that game a blowout? I don't see why he'd get excited over a buzzer beater in a blowout... Thats my only issue with it...