Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Default Ummm....what? Prokhorov transfering Nets ownership to Russia amongst Ukraine turmoil.

Suprise! Not a joke.

Coming soon: Nets announcing move to the motherland and a new name the 'Moscow Putin's'.

Default Re: Ummm....what? Prokhorov transfering Nets ownership to Russia amongst Ukraine turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsGone
    Suprise! Not a joke.

Coming soon: Nets announcing move to the motherland and a new name the 'Moscow Putin's'.

From my understanding, he is transferring the company that owns the Nets to Russian jurisdiction so as not to be affected by any sanctions Obama might impose. It's a legal thing, and I don't pretend to know exactly how it works.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Ummm....what? Prokhorov transfering Nets ownership to Russia amongst Ukraine turmoil.

Russian assets controlled by non-Russian banks are being seized. Prokhorov is doing this because whichever way he got his controlling interest in the Nets must have some local links in the chain that could cost him his 780 million-dollar asset. What is unknown is whether or not the government would hit him as they aren't just grabbing everything owned by Russians, just targeting certain ones. They might even leave him alone but he's not assured of anything so this is a smart move.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Russian assets controlled by non-Russian banks are being seized. Prokhorov is doing this because whichever way he got his controlling interest in the Nets must have some local links in the chain that could cost him his 780 million-dollar asset. What is unknown is whether or not the government would hit him as they aren't just grabbing everything owned by Russians, just targeting certain ones. They might even leave him alone but he's not assured of anything so this is a smart move.
    he is the main supporter financially for Edinnaja Rossija (United Russia) so i guess he might become a target for sanctions

Nuthin' move but tha money...

Idiot obama's diggin up a hole for USA

The move (the initial time this came up) was practically 1 year ago. So the thought this has to do with Ukraine doesn't make sense, unless your argument is it's expediting the move on his part, which I'm again not sure makes sense. It's one of those things that's probably not an important story (why would this affect the Nets?) but it has legs for some reason, so it's interesting to watch. The league saying he has not petitioned to move the team's ownership when he says he did is a bit interesting too.

Why he'd be sanctioned is beyond me, he's stanch anti-Putin, this isn't an asset benefitting Russia as much as him personally and Brooklyn. Seems silly to punish the Brooklyn Nets for Russia invading Ukraine. Really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The move (the initial time this came up) was practically 1 year ago. So the thought this has to do with Ukraine doesn't make sense, unless your argument is it's expediting the move on his part, which I'm again not sure makes sense. It's one of those things that's probably not an important story (why would this affect the Nets?) but it has legs for some reason, so it's interesting to watch. The league saying he has not petitioned to move the team's ownership when he says he did is a bit interesting too.

Why he'd be sanctioned is beyond me, he's stanch anti-Putin, this isn't an asset benefitting Russia as much as him personally and Brooklyn. Seems silly to punish the Brooklyn Nets for Russia invading Ukraine. Really silly.
    They didn't invade

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    They didn't invade
    Let's argue semantics which have nothing to do with topic.

Banned

Banned

Is Ukraine in NJ ? dont get it

Crimea Nyets

putin needs a new team there

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

US in Iraq, no intervention from Russia or China...thousands of causalities occurred.
    Russia goes to Ukraine, about 7 casualties to date...the whole western society is trying to kick them out of the G7 and have UN intervene.

Uhm no wonder Putin is pissed. These morons (Obama and Harper) seriously need to shut their mouths. They just look like hypocrites. They don't give a rats ass about Ukraine they are just worried that Russia will secure additional resources from Ukraine. Don't pretend like you're this great humanitarian Obama...you're just angry cause Putin blasted you before and made you look like an idiot, so this is your way to retaliate.

[I]

Russian President Vladimir Putin has humiliated President Barack Obama. He advanced soldiers into the Crimea

Americans are so odd............they go on and on and on about capitalism this and capitalism that............but they are the first ones to cry about it if it ever is being used in any way that they think infringes on ANYTHING they don't like.

Bunch of fascist hypocrites.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-25-2014 at 03:35 PM.

[QUOTE=rhythmic