Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suns already 6-2 since Bledsoe's return

(image posted by the Suns official Facebook page)

And they're on a 4 game win streak already. They seem to be back in rhythm and poised to be in the playoffs. If they do get their playoff spot, they will be a dangerous team to upset higher seeds... they just play with so much heart when the whole team is healthy and confident.

Just imagine how their record would have been right now if Bledsoe never got injured and had to sit out the majority of the year. They were rolling before he got injured, and they're rolling since he's been back.

Do you think this team makes the playoffs? And if they do, would you even consider them a threat for a possible 1st round upset? Keep in mind that they have already beat(and even swept or won the season series) many high seeded teams this year, especially when they're healthy. I think people are overlooking them.

Love Live Life

Default Re: Suns already 6-2 since Bledsoe's return

Most Def! We gonna make it and upset somebody.

Banned

Don't give that what might there record have been when Memphis missed Gasol for like 40 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Don't give that what might there record have been when Memphis missed Gasol for like 40 games.
    Well the same applies to Memphis. They're a better team when healthy than their current record, just like the Suns. I was rooting for Memphis in the playoffs last year. I consider them a top 4 team in the west when playing at their max potential.

The Suns would give SA serious trouble. Their defense isn't bad(DRTG) and with a healthy Bledsoe they're unguardable. Plus they hit a metric ton of tough shots.

I think the Suns have a good shot at SA, but I almost wish Memphis would fall to 8 to try to knock off a 1 seed twice from that position.

If Bledsoe never got hurt, the Suns are definitely 5th-6th in the West. If they get in as an 8th seed, San Antonio or OKC will not steamroll them.

I love this Phoenix team. They're one of the most fun to watch teams in the league. When Dragic and Bledsoe are on top of their games, they can hang with anyone.

That being said...let Kawhi guard Dragic, and Phoenix has no shot. It'd be an exciting series though, I'd say 6 games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I think the Suns have a good shot at SA, but I almost wish Memphis would fall to 8 to try to knock off a 1 seed twice from that position.
    Who would you rather miss the playoffs this year? Suns, Mavericks, or Warriors(assuming you're a Memphis fan like your post implies)

TBH it's a complete travesty that one of these teams will miss the playoffs when any one of them would be 3rd seed in the East. Something's wrong when the Suns, Mavericks, Grizzlies, or Warriors could miss the playoffs but the loser Bobcats and Hawks will make them.

And what will the reward for the team who misses the playoffs in the west be? The least amount of balls in the draft lottery, while all of these scrub tanking teams who don't even TRY to win half of the time will have much better rewards in the lottery than them. How is there not something wrong with that? Teams should never be rewarded more than other teams for losing way more games than them.

The NBA should change to top 16 best records in the whole league make the playoffs, and ALL of the lottery teams have just 1 ball in the lottery draw and the draft order goes in the order of which the balls are picked. That way there isn't any incentive to lose and teams that barely miss the playoffs don't get completely screwed.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

I wanna see the Suns in the playoffs, I love the way they play, cohesive, unselfish, with a lot of energy. Gotta hand it to Hornacek, he should be coach of the year.

they have an easy schedule. they'll make it.

but like previously mentioned, its sad that one of dallas, memphis, gsw, or PHX will miss the playoffs. all are good teams that deserve a shot

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    they have an easy schedule. they'll make it.
    I think you are joking? Their last 8 games include 6 games against other likely West playoff teams (OKC, SA, Clippers, Memphis, Dallas, and Portland).

I personally am hoping Portland loses a few more games so that all three Dallas, Phoenix and Memphis make it. Portland started strong but have been very mediocre the second half of the season and they are the one team in the west I am not very excited about watching in a playoff series.

wow 6-2 such impress

People keep mentioning the Suns/Mavs/Warriors/Grizzlies as 4 teams fighting for 3 spots but Portland could very easily be the 9th seed. Memphis and Dallas are only 2 games behind them, red hot Phoenix only 2.5 games behind, and the Blazers have lost 3 in a row and 7 out of 10.

Could be where all four of the teams mentioned in this thread get the 5-8 seeds and Portland, after their amazing start, is the 9th seed.

Not airballing my layups anymore Sawbucks23's Avatar

I'm hoping the Suns will make the playoffs, but there is a good chance they may not if Dallas keep finding ways to win games. Either way I'm happy since this team is a lot better and more exciting than last year's team.
    New GM and head coach, Dudley + 2nd round pick for Bledsoe and Butler, Butler for Ish and Slava. Gortat, brown, Marshall, Lee for Okafor's expiring contract + 1st round pick. Scola for Green, Plumlee + first round pick. I can't believe all of those trades happened in one offseason. It sure beats the Lance Blanks lets wait and do nothing approach.