Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I ****ing hate Evan Turner

What have you hated so far?

called it

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Of course he looked decent on the 76ers.

Exactly...Someone had to pick up stats and produce for that sh!t team.

MCW on the other hand tho...SWAG

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bibby4Three
    Exactly...Someone had to pick up stats and produce for that sh!t team.

MCW on the other hand tho...SWAG
    Evan needs the ball in his hands. And he needs plays run for him. Not going to get that in Indiana. Wonder what he thinks of that "Max" deal now?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

yeah, definitely not a worthwhile trade in retrospect. His addition is a net negative in taking the ball out of lance's hands. You would be better off with a some outside shooter roleplayers (Charlie V!) rather than him. Hes not the only reason the pacers have gone off the rails offensively, but he certainly doesnt help matters.

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

One importang thing about Turner and what I think is the reason why they made this trade is that he is a much better ballhandler than Granger. This may be irrelevant now but the Pacers were probably worried about their turnovers on a possible playoff matchup against the Heat and wanted to add a guy like him.

Looking at Miami's defense this year, the impact of an extra ballhandler may end up not being as big but it was definitely a problem for them the year before and I can see why they wanted to make the trade.

I guess they also thought Evan could be a replacement for Stephenson in case he left next offseason but if he doesn't improve the might just let him walk either way.

Quote Originally Posted by tanks1
    Evan needs the ball in his hands. And he needs plays run for him. Not going to get that in Indiana. Wonder what he thinks of that "Max" deal now?
    I'm honestly not sure what to think of him...If he needs the ball in his hands he doesn't have the abilities to be the #1 option. In Philly he was able to run and gun and put up nice numbers for obvious reasons.

NBA sixth man of the year

Ehh...I like Turner...I think he's fine...He comes off the bench and he shoots...Good because nobody else off the bench is doing anything..Scola can't hit anythinig, Watson is hurt, Copeland doesn't play enough....

But basically, Turner should really only be on the court when Lance is not unless its near the end of the game because they both need the ball to be effective...I like Turner's aggressiveness off the bench...Thats why we brought him here...He's shooting a low percentage but so what? The team offense sucks anyway...He's only been here 10 games, he's still adapting and the team is still adapting to him...He creates for others also, not his fault they jack up bricks...

His defense isn't that great but what can you do...