Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: To anybody that consistently drives below the speed limit.

I don't mind, as long as they stay out of the left lane. When there's a car in the left lane holding everyone up because they're driving at the same speed of the semi-trucks in the right lanes, that does piss me off.

or when someone insists on staying in the carpool lane going 60 mph. Always happens when we drive down to San Diego. I always say screw it and cross the solid lines to pass them instead of waiting for a break.
    Last edited by shaq2000; 03-27-2014 at 02:57 PM.

People who drive below the limit - going 30 in a 35 - are assholes. There is no other way to put it. They value their time and gas mileage more than the community-agreed-upon speed limit and don't care if it's holding other people up.

I'll never get mad at anyone for driving AT the speed limit but those driving below are bastards.

Also, the left lane is an exception. If you are going 75 in the left lane and the speed limit is 65, GTFO. YOU ARE GOING TOO SLOW FOR THE LEFT LANE. If you are ever driving in the left lane and there is a huge gap in front of you, GTFO.

That being said, its true about what Bagelred was saying, speeding barely saves any time whatsoever so I keep my ass out of the left lane now and drive comfortably.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    Well I've never been in a wreck so no but you do realize the people with the cameras are the assholes in that situation right? Dude just wanted to pass them but flipped them off because they sped up when he tried to get around. Why do you think they had the camera out? They were probably going around just trying to **** with people.
    Last edited by BrownEye007; 03-27-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    People who drive below the limit - going 30 in a 35 - are assholes. There is no other way to put it. They value their time and gas mileage more than the community-agreed-upon speed limit and don't care if it's holding other people up.

I'll never get mad at anyone for driving AT the speed limit but those driving below are bastards.

Also, the left lane is an exception. If you are going 75 in the left lane and the speed limit is 65, GTFO. YOU ARE GOING TOO SLOW FOR THE LEFT LANE. If you are ever driving in the left lane and there is a huge gap in front of you, GTFO.

That being said, its true about what Bagelred was saying, speeding barely saves any time whatsoever so I keep my ass out of the left lane now and drive comfortably.
    You don't seem to understand what limit means.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

even tho im so easy and calm in real life, on the road I get aggressive as a mfer. Some inner beast wakes up, Im the one who switches lanes back and forth, honk, go way above speed limit and "teach" others how to drive etc.

Buuut even then, I drive every day and almost never had a potential accident.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You don't seem to understand what limit means.
    That's a cute response, but if you've driven in the real world you know what I'm talking about.

Are you the guy going 70 in the fast lane of a 65mph freeway?

Why is someone going 30 in a 35 an asshole; and our highways are 70.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Why is someone going 30 in a 35 an asshole; and our highways are 70.

Same question still applies, even then. Are you the guy going 70, in the left lane?
    Going 30 in a 35 is obviously legally OK, but it's only not a dick move if there aren't people behind you.

College star

The only traffic that bothers me is on when there's an accident on a highway and EVERYONE has to stop and look.

No one has ever seen an accident before and you think its funny or entertaining until its you on the side of the road and you're embarrassed to be there.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    The only traffic that bothers me is on when there's an accident on a highway and EVERYONE has to stop and look.

No one has ever seen an accident before and you think its funny or entertaining until its you on the side of the road and you're embarrassed to be there.
    this. Every mother****er on the road is rubber necking to see the accident... It's not like the lanes are blocked out either but just people going so damn slow. Doesn't have to be an accident either, cars can just be stopped on the side for what ever reason and people slow down and try to investigate the scene.

I get annoyed when on red lights people make last second stops and don't stop pushing the gas when they are literally under the stop light. I see red I stop accelerating but people end up cutting me and we literally end up in the same spot 5 seconds later cause the light still hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    ......The time you save by speeding is so minimal...I mean VERY minimal. But your risk of an accident goes way up, plus more gas usage, more stress, more wear and tear on car....speeding isn't really worth it.

this (x 10).

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Exactly what I was going to say.

SPEED LIMIT, NOT SPEED MINIMUM.

I'll drive however fast or slow I want, and if I can tell you want me to go faster I'll slow down.

You can be pulled over just as much for impeding traffic if you drive like a slow jackass.

Drive slow all you want, just not in the ****ing fast lane.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Exactly what I was going to say.

SPEED LIMIT, NOT SPEED MINIMUM.

I'll drive however fast or slow I want, and if I can tell you want me to go faster I'll slow down.
    Idk about other places but in the city I'm from most people treat the speed limit as the speed minimum. I'm pretty sure nobody gets pulled over for speeding unless there going 10+ mph over. I go 8-9 over by cops all the time and have never been pulled over for speeding. And that's on residential streets its more like 15+ for the freeway. Idc how slow you go on a street I can legally pass you on but when there's double yellow lines its frustrating. You can below the speed limit as much as you want and I can't do anything about it but let you know that your a POS for doing so. And I'll lay on my horn if your going more than 5 under. Not because I think it'll make you go faster it's just that I want you to know you suck.