Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Al

Default Re: Big Al

Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade. There. I said it. It's out there in the open for you to accept or reject, but if you choose to reject it, you would be incorrect. Just looking at pure offensive skill, and ignoring the opposite side of the floor, there aren't many centers who are better than Big Al.

I would also place Al Jefferson in the top five of "players who, no matter where they go, never win many games". Corey Maggette leads this group, obviously. Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand are up there. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm still waiting for the day when an Al Jefferson-led team does something other than make a first-round playoff exit.

Very underrated player and deserves wayyy more credit. He should be an Al-Star... see what I did there... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    We should update the phrase "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really happen?" to, "If Big Al drops another monster game in Charlotte and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade.
    As long as you want a one man offense. If you want your whole team involved in the offense than Al is not one of the best.

NBA Legend

It sounds like hes doing pretty good.

Can the Heat get him?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    As long as you want a one man offense. If you want your whole team involved in the offense than Al is not one of the best.
    Stop drinking that hateraide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    The day a Big Al thread is posted, and this guy isn't on the first page hating, is the day this guy quits ISH. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade. There. I said it. It's out there in the open for you to accept or reject, but if you choose to reject it, you would be incorrect. Just looking at pure offensive skill, and ignoring the opposite side of the floor, there aren't many centers who are better than Big Al.

I would also place Al Jefferson in the top five of "players who, no matter where they go, never win many games". Corey Maggette leads this group, obviously. Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand are up there. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm still waiting for the day when an Al Jefferson-led team does something other than make a first-round playoff exit.

Very underrated player and deserves wayyy more credit. He should be an Al-Star... see what I did there... yeah.
    You are going to be waiting a eternity then. No team led by so Jefferson is going to make noise in the playoffs. He would have to be a 2nd option to a superstar. I am not trying to discredit him. He is one if the most skilled big men in the game by he just doesn't have it in him to be the guy on a contending team.

He's been beasting this season, actually makes the bobcats watchable. Great signing
    If they had a few more shooters they'd be even better. He does kick it out when doubled but the cats have f all 3 point shooters..

We should update the phrase "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really happen?" to, "If Big Al drops another monster game in Charlotte and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"
    Don't think that's how that phrase goes, but point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Stop drinking that hateraide.

No hate for Al. Just thankful he's leading someone else to mediocrity.

How they getting a superstar? Superstar's need the ball in their hands as does Al.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I really don't understand why so many people overrate Jefferson. His efficiency for a big man is crap. He takes a lot of shots to get his points and doesn't bang at all. There is nothing that he does that is all that special offensively. He averages 21.6 points on 18.8 shots...what about that is exactly impressive? He's basically been the same exact player the last 6 years. He's never going to be a game changer on a good team.

About 16,000 of us watched him last night. Great game. It also featured a strong performance from CDR, Kemba and this dunk by McBob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eue4Fq3PA

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Once Kemba elevates his game, and the bobcats get a superstar who can take over games, then big Al will fit in perfectly and the bobcats will be a very good team.
    And how exactly is that going to happen? No superstars are coming to Charlotte in free agency, and you won't get any superstars by making the 7 seed and picking in the low 20's. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    And how exactly is that going to happen? No superstars are coming to Charlotte in free agency, and you won't get any superstars by making the 7 seed and picking in the low 20's. Trust me, I know.

It's frustrating for smaller market teams. You can trade but you end up giving up a lot of assets. You can tank and hope for luck with the ping pong balls (how well has that worked for the cats?). And even if you do get lucky and land a superstar, there's no guarantee they won't pull a LeBron and take their talents elsewhere once free agency comes around.

I think the key is a combination of moves that steadily improves the team. Collect assets, don't overspend, add the right kind of value players that will improve with experience. Look at the Raptors this year.