Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Al

Default Re: Big Al

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    And how exactly is that going to happen? No superstars are coming to Charlotte in free agency, and you won't get any superstars by making the 7 seed and picking in the low 20's. Trust me, I know.
    Well, right now we're betting on the guy we get with the Pistons pick turning into that guy. Its top 8 protected this year; which means its a 50/50 chance we'll get it this year given how poorly the Pistons are playing. However that could actually be a good thing for us; as next year the pick is only protected for the top pick, and finally its unprotected in '16.

Default Re: Big Al

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Well, right now we're betting on the guy we get with the Pistons pick turning into that guy. Its top 8 protected this year; which means its a 50/50 chance we'll get it this year given how poorly the Pistons are playing. However that could actually be a good thing for us; as next year the pick is only protected for the top pick, and finally its unprotected in '16.

That was a smart move on Cho's part. I just wish we'd have gotten something out of Ben Gordon's expiring contract but no one was biting.