Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Bosh

Default Re: Chris Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Bosh being ineffective against a 7'2" near 300 pound monster doesn't mean he doesn't have heart. He's a finesse power forward being forced to play center. It's not his fault.
    he played against West most of the night

Learning to shoot layups

Milbuck,

I get what you are saying and it goes a ways in explaining Bosh's woeful play.

But still, he CAN do more and he has to do more. As plowking said, a lot of it goes on the coaching staff. But still, he can grab at LEAST 7 rebounds and score 12-15 points.

I recall him scoring 0 points in game 7 of the finals and getting virtually no blame whatsoever. That needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    he played against West most of the night
    1) It doesn't matter who he went against individually. Hibbert doesn't match up with Lebron, yet he causes him all kinds of trouble.

2) Anyways, West isn't much better. He's makes normal big men look like kids, but he looks like a ****ing tank compared to Bosh.

You mean his "SF" who just so happens to be 6'8" 260 pounds of muscle, possibly the most physically gifted athlete in the history of basketball, and arguably the best player in the world?

If you can't understand the concept of roles, I don't know what to tell you. Despite the numbers he put up in Toronto, he has never been the kind of guy to outmuscle other bigs and crash the boards. He was, is, and most likely always will be a finesse-oriented, and dare I say it, soft player. And when he's forced out of his comfort zone and not put in a position to succeed - when he's forced to go head to head with a monster of a center like Hibbert, he's just not gonna do well.

Also, find me these numerous people you're talking about who claim Bosh is a superstar, and that he's a consistent 28-10 player or whatever you said in another thread (might not have been you, but someone definitely said it). And I'm talking serious posters too, I don't give a shit about what trolls say.
    TheMarkMadsen
    selrahc
    Mr. Jabbar
    teddytwelvetoes
    Twiens
    Y2Gezee

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=291258

If you want I can find more...

Quote Originally Posted by supermechasonic
    Milbuck,

I get what you are saying and it goes a ways in explaining Bosh's woeful play.

But still, he CAN do more and he has to do more. As plowking said, a lot of it goes on the coaching staff. But still, he can grab at LEAST 7 rebounds and score 12-15 points.
    I'm not entirely defending Bosh's awful play against Indiana - he can certainly do better. I'm just saying that it's not 100% his fault, a lot of the issues are out of his immediate control.

I do agree that 12-15/7 isn't asking for too much though.

You mean his "SF" who just so happens to be 6'8" 260 pounds of muscle, possibly the most physically gifted athlete in the history of basketball, and arguably the best player in the world?

If you can't understand the concept of roles, I don't know what to tell you. Despite the numbers he put up in Toronto, he has never been the kind of guy to outmuscle other bigs and crash the boards. He was, is, and most likely always will be a finesse-oriented, and dare I say it, soft player. And when he's forced out of his comfort zone and not put in a position to succeed - when he's forced to go head to head with a monster of a center like Hibbert, he's just not gonna do well.

Also, find me these numerous people you're talking about who claim Bosh is a superstar, and that he's a consistent 28-10 player or whatever you said in another thread (might not have been you, but someone definitely said it). And I'm talking serious posters too, I don't give a shit about what trolls say.
    And to your points: So because Lebron James is 6'8 260 it is okay for Bosh---who plays center---to grab 4 rebounds?

Bosh, who is not responsible to for scoring the most points, playing the most minutes, having the offense run through him, or running the offense.

At this point, Bosh isn't even the 2nd option. Heck, with Ray Allen on the court, he might not even be the 3rd option.

Sorry, as a Heat fan, I expect a little more out of my $100 million dollar C/PF.

One final thing. How embarrassed would KG be if Paul Pierce consistently out-rebounded him while also scoring less and having less assist than Pierce?

KG would probably retire out of embarrassment after handing over his check to Pierce.

Come on, bro. LeBron adjusted his game after coming to Miami. Wade adjusted his game to accommodate both LeBron and Bosh on his team. Bosh should do the same as well. He can't play the same way that he did in Toronto. I remember a couple of months ago (last season), dude was whining about playing center and having to bang (no joke) with the other bigs. Dude is SOFT as ****. He can take NO physical abuse. I would expect a max player, who's 6'11" and 260 to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Come on, bro. LeBron adjusted his game after coming to Miami. Wade adjusted his game to accommodate both LeBron and Bosh on his team. Bosh should do the same as well. He can't play the same way that he did in Toronto. I remember a couple of months ago (last season), dude was whining about playing center and having to bang (no joke) with the other bigs. Dude is SOFT as ****. He can take NO physical abuse. I would expect a max player, who's 6'11" and 260 to do more.
    Yeah, but that mode of thought is dependent on the claim that Bosh = Bron/Wade. Lebron is a generational talent, arguably more talented than Jordan. Wade is a first ballot hall of famer, a former championship leader and an elite all-time great in his own right. Bosh is merely a perennial all-star in the weakest big man era in a long time. He's a very good player. But to expect him to adapt the way Lebron and Wade have is a bit unfair.

He's not 260 pounds. He's relatively slim and really not that strong. And anyways, some people are just born that way. Not everyone has the tenacity of Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace, guys who could be undersized. and still be one-man wrecking crews in the paint. And the max contract isn't on him. He's expected to look for his money, and they gave it to him. His skills were known clearly before he signed, and they shouldn't have signed him to that deal if they were expecting some rebounding/defensive monster in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    One final thing. How embarrassed would KG be if Paul Pierce consistently out-rebounded him while also scoring less and having less assist than Pierce?

KG would probably retire out of embarrassment after handing over his check to Pierce.
    Well that's irrelevant, considering that KG is one of the best rebounders of all time for his position, and that Pierce at his best as a perimeter scorer was one of the best in the league.

Despite his stats, Bosh has never been a top-tier rebounder or scorer. While Lebron has been absolutely phenomenal in all areas for his position. To be outdone by Lebron is really not that embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Exactly. What did KG do upon going to Boston? He said, Pierce has the ball handling and scoring, Ray has scoring and stretching the defense, Rondo has to set up the offense and assists...

KG said, I am going to focus on rebounding and being the anchor of our defense. And if they double Pierce or Allen, I will kill them inside.

At some point, Chris Bosh has to have some professional pride--like KG. How you letting your SF, who already has scoring and assists responsibilities, out rebounding you too?

If you going concede rebounding to Lebron too, you might as well start conceding some of your salary to him as well.
    Last edited by FLDFSU; 03-27-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Exactly. What did KG do upon going to Boston? He said, Pierce has the ball handling and scoring, Ray has scoring and stretching the defense, Rondo has to set up the offense and assists...

KG said, I am going to focus on rebounding and being the anchor of our defense. And if they double Pierce or Allen, I will kill them inside.

At some point, Chris Bosh has to have some professional pride--like KG. How you letting your SF, who already has scoring and assists responsibilities, out rebounding you too?

If you going concede rebounding to Lebron too, you might as well start conceding some of your salary to him as well.
    Once again, your argument lacks consistency.

It's incredibly easy for Kevin Garnett to relieve himself of duties and adapt to becoming a pure defensive anchor and rebounder. You know why? Because that's who he is. He has always (well when he was good) been an all-time great defensive anchor and rebounder. To suggest like he put in this monumental effort into changing his game to suit the team needs is simply ludicrous. All he did was focus more intensely on the things he did best.

Bosh HAS NEVER been an elite rebounder or scorer, despite his inflated stats in Toronto. Not only that, but Bosh is simply not on KG's level as a basketball player. Him becoming a defensive anchor and great rebounder has absolutely no relevance to KG's efforts in Boston, we're talking two completely different situations.

Yeah, but that mode of thought is dependent on the claim that Bosh = Bron/Wade. Lebron is a generational talent, arguably more talented than Jordan. Wade is a first ballot hall of famer, a former championship leader and an elite all-time great in his own right. Bosh is merely a perennial all-star in the weakest big man era in a long time. He's a very good player. But to expect him to adapt the way Lebron and Wade have is a bit unfair.

He's not 260 pounds. He's relatively slim and really not that strong. And anyways, some people are just born that way. Not everyone has the tenacity of Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace, guys who could be undersized. and still be one-man wrecking crews in the paint. And the max contract isn't on him. He's expected to look for his money, and they gave it to him. His skills were known clearly before he signed, and they shouldn't have signed him to that deal if they were expecting some rebounding/defensive monster in the paint.
    If it is a bit unfair for the 3rd (sometimes 4th option) to consistently grab double digit rebounds 1. on the worst rebounding team in the NBA and 2. in a era of "historically weak bigs"

What the hell is he doing accepting $100 million (same as Wade and Lebron) and dancing on the stage at the welcome party 3.5 years ago?

Is Miami called "Big 3" or the "Big 2 and Bosh"?

If it is a bit unfair for the 3rd (sometimes 4th option) to consistently grab double digit rebounds 1. on the worst rebounding team in the NBA and 2. in a era of "historically weak bigs"

What the hell is he doing accepting $100 million (same as Wade and Lebron) and dancing on the stage at the welcome party 3.5 years ago?

Is Miami called "Big 3" or the "Big 2 and Bosh"?
    1) Chris Bosh did not name them the Big 3. I don't care what anyone calls them, it is absolutely absurd to put Bosh on the same level as Lebron and Wade.

2) Are you suggesting he should have negotiated his contract down? Why the hell would he not accept that monstrous contract? That is 100% Miami's fault. I said it once, I'll say it again - if they expected him to be a monster rebounder and defensive anchor, they shouldn't have given him the contract they did. It's not up to Bosh to haggle his own freakin contract down.

3) Yeah, he should've been a total buzzkill at the welcome party. He should've just sat in a corner pouting the whole time like a 7th grade emo kid. Forget being happy to be playing on a sure-fire championship contender with two of your closest peers. He should've been pissed about it.

Milbuck killing everybody in this thread...by not trolling?