Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Random NBA pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    James Harden still being in the NBA.
    You need to tell me the story on why the hate is strong with him.

Decent playground baller Black Mamba's B's Avatar

Excessive celebrations

Refs acting like ******* calling techs for bs

The rip through move. Absolutely shouldn't be a foul. If its illegal for the guys hands to be there it should be a foul before the move(it obviously isn't) and if its legal for the guys hands to be there, it shouldnt be illegal to literally not get out of the offensive players way fast enough.

An extension of that is the general belief that if you iniate contact with any defensive player other than Roy hibbert it's a foul.

The randomness of over the back and movin screen calls. 95% of the time, those are both overlooked and then they randomly get called. Either call it or don't.(I prefer calling it, but either way you've gotta pick one or the other) same with palming. 90 percent of the ball handlers in the league carry/double at least ten times a game with no call, then you randomly get one or two a game for no particular reason.

The lottery/tanking. And all the bitching about the lottery/tanking.

The end of the midrange game. I'm a big believer in analytics but this kills me. Everyone doesn't need to be James harden and just shoot 3s layups or fts. There's room for the 15 ft jumper off the pick and roll when the bigs lay back.

Learning to shoot layups King Boozer's Avatar

carrying/travelling - It's like in the pros these two things are allowed but any other level it isn't all just because the players are stars?

I mean, even in pick up games guys call carrying and stuff. smh.

flopping - hate this. especially when mvp caliber players do it. Even more especially when these mvp caliber players are 6'8'' 250 pound monsters. wink wink.

guards doing this is just as annoying but kind of harder to judge. judge as in how much of a flop it was.

bad teammates - I've never liked seeing guys ignore their teammates, not acknowledge them, just basically selfish players.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Ricky Rubio's girly yell every time he misses a semi contested lay up

College superstar

Rip-through and Wade's pump-fake-lean-in... IMO, whomever initiates the contact should also receive the foul IF one is deserving. The pump-fake is legit IF the defender jumps into the shooter... but when a "lean-in" is necessary? That's a foul on Wade/offensive.

Charge/block... For a league, and an era, where player safety is held in high esteem, it's shocking to me that this rule requires that players put themselves in a position to either get hurt or hurt the ball carrier. It's not defense. There's a time and a place for a charge call, but it's not when the defensive player purposefully waits until the last possible moment to get in the way. That's just too unsafe to be in the game. I don't know how to fix it, but it needs to be fixed.

Very poor fundamentals. I was watching the Kentucky game yesterday for about 5 mins.. and I saw a Kentucky player try to block a layup attempt by swinging his arm at the ball. Where I come from, that's asking for a foul to be called. That dramatic arm-swinging screams for ref attention. Even if there is no foul, it's more likely to result in one being called. What's wrong with going straight up? How did I learn that in modified basketball, and top college and professional players still don't know that? And that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of poor, easy-to-fix fundamentals.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Delay of game technicals

That rolling the ball in-bound shit

Learning to shoot layups

Most of the Noises the arenas make for things like travels and such, I don't know why everytime I hear on it makes me want to throw something at the T.V.

Oh and arenas which plays music from 5 centuries ago. Minnesota, stop playing Firework, this is not 2011.

Learning to shoot layups hybridLB's Avatar

The fact that players can't hang on the rim anymore..
    The no-Hand Check rule..
    Durant's pathetic attempt at staring down opposing team's bench players.. lol
    Heat Commentator's Kaboom.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Fvcking headbands on bald players.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    They actually need it more to absorb the sweat/prevent the sweat from going into their eyes because they got no hair

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended

STYLE man lol,Or probably to keep the sweat out of eyes if not the fck
    No hair to cover anyways,Whats the Point?

The worst,Shooting Sleeves on non shooters,garbage players,defenders

Nash and others licking their hands then ball,ugh cut that sht out

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Rip-through and Wade's pump-fake-lean-in... IMO, whomever initiates the contact should also receive the foul IF one is deserving. The pump-fake is legit IF the defender jumps into the shooter... but when a "lean-in" is necessary? That's a foul on Wade/offensive.

Charge/block... For a league, and an era, where player safety is held in high esteem, it's shocking to me that this rule requires that players put themselves in a position to either get hurt or hurt the ball carrier. It's not defense. There's a time and a place for a charge call, but it's not when the defensive player purposefully waits until the last possible moment to get in the way. That's just too unsafe to be in the game. I don't know how to fix it, but it needs to be fixed.

Very poor fundamentals. I was watching the Kentucky game yesterday for about 5 mins.. and I saw a Kentucky player try to block a layup attempt by swinging his arm at the ball. Where I come from, that's asking for a foul to be called. That dramatic arm-swinging screams for ref attention. Even if there is no foul, it's more likely to result in one being called. What's wrong with going straight up? How did I learn that in modified basketball, and top college and professional players still don't know that? And that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of poor, easy-to-fix fundamentals.
    The Wade pumpfake Wade got that from Sam Cassell so eh

Though Fck the ripthrough,thats the 2nd cheapest bullsht call
    next to Harden whiplashing his head driving to the rim

A lot of players dont have fundamentals bc they arent really taught much in college,The guards chuck shots,If youte big in College you can get away with no fundamentals just by sheer size,not mich teamwork or plays in college compared to NBA,a lot of college players iso or just work on stylish dribbling,one on one game so it doesnt translate well at all and college a lot of out of position playing so when players get to NBA instead of being a SF theyre a sgdome C and PF are too small for NBA yet run those positions in college

Colleges play with a shorter 3 pt line which is a mid range in NBA,30 sec clock so players have to adapt to shorter clock,more zones in college less complex defenses,wider lane in NBA so players have to deal with a bigger area and they have to adjust in NBA to roles rather than Colege where theyre the man and can dominate with athleticism

In College you can excell with sheer athleticism and seem more than what you are due to the conpetition but in the NBA everybody has that and skills so players cant adapt to new rules,fundamentals,skillsets,positions
    case in point(Anthony Bennett,Adam Morrison,Darko,Beasley,Derrick Williams,Flynn)

Not airballing my layups anymore

Advancing ball to half-court on a timeout. I know it creates more excitement, but it seems so hokey to me. Like college rule better.

Rip through move - Durant gets about 4 FTs a game from this alone.

"Verticality" ONLY applying to Roy Hibbert and only in Heat games. I've never even heard that word mentioned in any other game.