Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default Re: I am NOT impressed by this Spurs win streak

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    Only 3 of their 17 straight wins have come against real competition.

Outside of Miami, an Aldridge-less Blazers, and Golden State, the Spurs have basically done what they've done all year- fattened up on cupcakes.

It's amazing how the Spurs 0-6 record against the Thunder/Rockets is swept under the rug.

Yet we always give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt FOR A TEAM THAT HASN'T WON A TITLE IN SEVEN FREAKING YEARS!
    When this is the worst that can be said about your team, they're doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    Only 3 of their 17 straight wins have come against real competition.

Outside of Miami, an Aldridge-less Blazers, and Golden State, the Spurs have basically done what they've done all year- fattened up on cupcakes.

It's amazing how the Spurs 0-6 record against the Thunder/Rockets is swept under the rug.

Yet we always give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt FOR A TEAM THAT HASN'T WON A TITLE IN SEVEN FREAKING YEARS!
    In other words, unless you beat every single contender (and it only counts if every single player on those teams is healthy), then it's not an impressive win streak.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Shades of 2 years ago if you ask me. I'm sure this team's a much better defensive team than that one though.
    I think that's in the back of every fan's mind BUT this bench is better.

Splitter and Green were in their first year (I think) with the Spurs and Leonard was a rookie. Neal was a fantastic player but I think Mills has yet to peak. This doesn't even account for the upgraded LENGTH the Spurs now have .. Ayers, Baynes, and Daye.

Any of the "big 3" are capable of a 20/10 game on any given night. What more can you ask for?

I've been following the Spurs since my high school days (D. Robinson was still going strong) and I can confidently say this is the best Spurs team they've had in over 10 years. I don't like to brag too much because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx my team. It's going to take every player they've got being healthy to make it out of the West. The West is a beast this year.
    Last edited by davehos; 03-31-2014 at 12:43 PM.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

I agree that the Spurs are "fattening up on cupcakes". for a team that is considered a title contender, they are doing what they are suppose to be doing which is beating teams that they are suppose to.

that probably is not impressive, but what is impressive is the way they are winning. Noone is averaging more than 30 minutes a game. There are nights where either Manu, Duncan, or Parker, if not all 3, are out of the game. Spurs are not relying on the big 3 anymore. they are relying on a complete team effort (69% of their baskets come from assists) and their margin of victory has been over 15 points, so they are just stomping teams.

That is what is impressive.

They aren't even "deep". When you hear analysts talking about deep teams you never hear the spurs pop up. Pop just knows how to use his guys. Most of these guys are just role players who pop knows how to use. Great coach. GOAT coach (arguably)

Local High School Star

Does blowing out the best home team in the league by 26 help??

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Does blowing out the best home team in the league by 26 help??
    No, this guy won't be impressed until the Spurs win 34 in a row and that streak includes every team in the league and 2 times against all the top competitors. And they have to win by 20+ every game and also none of these other teams can have any injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    No, this guy won't be impressed until the Spurs win 34 in a row and that streak includes every team in the league and 2 times against all the top competitors. And they have to win by 20+ every game and also none of these other teams can have any injuries.
    And Timmy, Manu, and TP have to play less than 25mpg every game or else they're trying too hard.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    And Timmy, Manu, and TP have to play less than 25mpg every game or else they're trying too hard.
    And Pop takes off weekends to let assistant coaches do work.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Actually nvm, that would be the only legit barrier to the Spurs winning games...

It's crazy that the gap between Pop and the next best coach is bigger than the gap between a guy like Durant and Reggie Jackson (imo).

Learning to shoot layups

Is the same shit every year. They won't win shit people. They will loose badly this year, the Spurs fans will put a lot of excuses, then they will be suhcking their dyks again next year.