Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Where do I sign up for Obama Care?

I need to sign up before I get fined. I don't believe in it but I better do it.

?????

Default Re: Where do I sign up for Obama Care?

the real question you should be asking is "where do i sign up for a brain"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    the real question you should be asking is "where do i sign up for a brain"
    Let me know too when you find it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

you just have to be insured.

Obamacare isn't a tangible thing. It's not a specific insurance package. It's the name of a law that sets new standards for health insurance providers. Everybody that has health insurance technically has obamacare.

Just go to healthcare.gov or call them. That has the rate comparer that has all the insurance companies bidding for your business. It's like the compare your price thing from progressive insurance except it's real quotes and not just made up numbers.

Or you can just call a health insurance company directly but i don't know why anybody would do that nowadays.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    you just have to be insured.

Obamacare isn't a tangible thing. It's not a specific insurance package. It's the name of a law that sets new standards for health insurance providers. Everybody that has health insurance technically has obamacare.

Just go to healthcare.gov or call them. That has the rate comparer that has all the insurance companies bidding for your business. It's like the compare your price thing from progressive insurance except it's real quotes and not just made up numbers.

Or you can just call a health insurance company directly but i don't know why anybody would do that nowadays.
    thank you. that is what I was asking for. The site.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    thank you. that is what I was asking for. The site.
    California has one of the best state exchanges.

https://www.coveredca.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I need to sign up before I get fined. I don't believe in it but I better do it.

?????
    What tangible benefit do you get from these stupid posts all day? Is there a joy in it I am missing?

Banned

OBAMA! OBAMA!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Fight the system. How dare the government impose another tax on me??

You can call an insurance broker whose fee is paid for by the insurance companies. This cartoonist says it was the best 0$ she ever spent.

If you sign up today, you have until April 15th to complete it without a fine, I beleive check the instructions on the websites.

Technically, it's the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, but Republicans starting with Mitt Romney started calling it Obamacare to prevent rational discussion about it, you can see how effective this was in this clip where Jimmy Kimmel asked people if the preferred the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE

NBA Superstar

just google it. the main site will redirect you to your state site and then you'll have to fill out stuff from there.

i had a hard time picking a plan since theres a lot of options but i rarely go to the doctor. i don't even know if those dental coverages are worth it since they cover so little dental and its almost like if you pay out of pocket you'll still save more than paying monthly just for a checkup every so often. even the stuff they cover seems so minimal or partial of what procedures would probably cost, IF u need them at all.

i feel i got a great deal on health insurance tho compared to what i was paying before with blue cross blue shield.

If you have low income and are healthy you might be better off financially paying the fine. It's only like $100 for this year or 1% of your income...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    If you have low income and are healthy you might be better off financially paying the fine. It's only like $100 for this year or 1% of your income...

they'd be getting health insurance for free or for like a $1/month on the cheapest bronze plan.

only catch is they have a huge deductible so its not like they're going to be able to go in for checkups and things like that without paying. beggars can't be choosers tho.

the scare tactics of the Republican party are for the most part outright lies(like usual). most people aren't going to be seeing the doctor all of a sudden for little stuff since the way the plans work is you have to pay these gigantic deductibles before the insurance can kick in. its good for major stuff that happens out of nowhere tho but you're still responsible for like 30-40% of it, at least you're covered to a large extent.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 03-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.

my mom dad and sister has healthcare for 90 dollars a month through obamacare. 90 dollars for 3 people

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Good news for me. I can't complete it because they won't recognize my certificate of citizen number. I was naturalized as a citizen but I got a certificate of citizen instead because I was so young at the time.

Just last Monday, I had a full-time job, coverage...life was good.
    Did you get laid off and lose your coverage? That sucks.

You probably are better off calling someone rather than going through the website. Probably easier to deal with your citizenship number.