Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Wade: Heat's Big Three to meet

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin095
    Lol at you guys saying bosh wont get paid. Some team will give him a max deal if he decides to opt out. Let's not forget he is still capable of putting up over 20 ppg and 10 rbg given the right situation. The question is whether they want to stay together. I feel like lebron and bosh will leave tbh. They came together to complete a mission which they have - win multiple championships. Lebron will go back to Cleveland and bosh will either go to toronto or some team in the east that needs a big man like the wizards or something.

3-time NBA All-Star

Wade's definitely opting in. Not really a question.

Bosh is going to opt out I think because he can still demand a max contract now, and I'm not sure that's the case after. Would Miami want to sign him to that amount? Not sure, but I doubt it. If there's rumblings around Miami that Lebron is still worrying about the amount of help he's getting, obviously that means a maxed out Chris Bosh isn't good enough for a 2nd or 3rd option. So why would Miami max him out? I could see Bosh going to Dallas or Phoenix for the max (or close to it), with the Lakers being an outside possibility as well.

Not sure if Lebron is going to opt out, but I think he won't. Even if Bosh doesn't return, there's not really a team out there thats in a better situation then Miami next year at least. And if Bosh doesn't return, Miami has like another $20M in cap space to get some really good role players, or even Melo (doubt it though). Maybe Chicago would be a better spot, but I don't see him going there for various reasons. Cleveland is just too dysfunctional and needs to get their sh*t together, which I think they will after next year. I think getting to the Clippers would be too complicated, but maybe not as complicated the next year. So where would he go? I think after 2015, his options open up more and he leaves Miami. He could either go to Cleveland, Clippers, Knicks, or Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Wade's definitely opting in. Not really a question.

Bosh is going to opt out I think because he can still demand a max contract now, and I'm not sure that's the case after. Would Miami want to sign him to that amount? Not sure, but I doubt it. If there's rumblings around Miami that Lebron is still worrying about the amount of help he's getting, obviously that means a maxed out Chris Bosh isn't good enough for a 2nd or 3rd option. So why would Miami max him out? I could see Bosh going to Dallas or Phoenix for the max (or close to it), with the Lakers being an outside possibility as well.

Not sure if Lebron is going to opt out, but I think he won't. Even if Bosh doesn't return, there's not really a team out there thats in a better situation then Miami next year at least. And if Bosh doesn't return, Miami has like another $20M in cap space to get some really good role players, or even Melo (doubt it though). Maybe Chicago would be a better spot, but I don't see him going there for various reasons. Cleveland is just too dysfunctional and needs to get their sh*t together, which I think they will after next year. I think getting to the Clippers would be too complicated, but maybe not as complicated the next year. So where would he go? I think after 2015, his options open up more and he leaves Miami. He could either go to Cleveland, Clippers, Knicks, or Rockets.

Bosh is NOT getting a max contract. Unless he somehow turns into a 20/10 player in the playoffs, and has a really good run.

Dino dude has been averaging 15.5/4.5 on 12.3 shots a game (the past 4 games). That's without Wade, BTW.

Also 0 rebounds in 26 minutes against the Bucks.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Bosh is NOT getting a max contract. Unless he somehow turns into a 20/10 player in the playoffs, and has a really good run.

Dino dude has been averaging 15.5/4.5 on 12.3 shots a game (the past 4 games). That's without Wade, BTW.

Also 0 rebounds in 26 minutes against the Bucks.
    The past 4 games means how much exactly? He's clearly capable of more. And I'm not basing him getting a max contract off him actually deserving it or not. But overpaying players is what GMs/owners do. Maybe he won't get a max contract, but either way, his value this offseason is probably more then it will be 1-2 years more from now, and its going to be enough that it would put a dent into Miami's plans to get the best help for Lebron that they can get. That's why I see him leaving.
    Last edited by guy; 04-03-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The past 4 games means how much exactly? He's clearly capable of more. And I'm not basing him getting a max contract off him actually deserving it or not. But overpaying players is what GMs/owners do. Maybe he won't get a max contract, but either way, his value this offseason is probably more then it will be 1-2 years more from now, and its going to be enough that it would put a dent into Miami's plans to get the best help for Lebron that they can get. That's why I see him leaving.
    He's averaging 16/7 for the season.

Also, Bosh has said several times (even more than Wade) that he's staying with the Heat and that he wants to retire in Miami. Why would any GM pay a dude who can't rebound the max? There are lots of other players who are better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spell&Grammar
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]It doesn't matter if the money is loose or tight.

Spell&Grammar[/FONT]
    [/COLOR]
    Post more, please.

all three should sign with the lakers for the minimum

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    He's averaging 16/7 for the season.

Also, Bosh has said several times (even more than Wade) that he's staying with the Heat and that he wants to retire in Miami. Why would any GM pay a dude who can't rebound the max? There are lots of other players who are better.
    So what? Plenty of players have said the same thing and didn't happen. And what league have you been watching? Players are always getting overpaid.

I think that bosh would look for a longer deal .

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Wade should go to Chicago somehow.

Bosh deserves a max contract more than Wade does....Bosh I can see playing well for a few more years, I can't see that with Wade

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

I think Lebron might opt in for another season, but unless Wade is willing to either take a pay cut by stretching out that 42 million (or a new contract for 50 million or so) over multiple years I don't think Lebron stays past 2015. Wade has been unhealthy the last 2 playoff runs and now has missed a huge part of this regular season and he is only going to get older, not to mention he isn't the ideal fit with Lebron anyways because of spacing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    I think Lebron might opt in for another season, but unless Wade is willing to either take a pay cut by stretching out that 42 million (or a new contract for 50 million or so) over multiple years I don't think Lebron stays past 2015. Wade has been unhealthy the last 2 playoff runs and now has missed a huge part of this regular season and he is only going to get older, not to mention he isn't the ideal fit with Lebron anyways because of spacing issues.

really curious to see what wade/heat do this summer and i wonder if wade thinks about this

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    This is what I think as well. Especially if or when (depending on your opinion of the team) they win a third championship in a row. I can't see him leaving with possibility of beating Jordan's legacy of only winning 3 at a time. Getting 4 in a row puts him on Mt. Rushmore permanently whether he did it on a stacked team or not. To me Bosh is the real wildcard. Will crazy Cuban offer a max to him? I could see it. Will he go...not so sure.

I usually hit open layups xoracle55's Avatar

Win or lose, it'll be a sticky situation in Miami this off season.

The first domino to fall I think would be Lebron. What would the other two does if he leaves first is anybody else guess I think that's why they need to sit down and have a meeting. Will they decide as an individual or are they going to decide as friends who joined to win multiple championship which they already half-accomplished and would like to take it further down the road..it will be interesting..I can't see Dwade leaving the Heat. It's just right for him to retire in DWade county.
    Last edited by xoracle55; 04-03-2014 at 02:17 PM.