Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default What exactly do Spurs Fans have to be upset about?

Ok the winning streak ended which was a good thing because you don't want to be entering the playoffs on a long streak like that. Now they get to rest up for the playoffs and will still have the number 1 seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs

And if they see OKC again the first two games will be in San Antonio. So again I ask, what is there to be upset about if you are a spurs fan?

My answer would be NOTHING. Nothing was lost or gained tonight with this loss to OKC

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: What exactly do Spurs Fans have to be upset about?

Only thing that changed my mind in this game was how poorly Belinelli dealt with the Thunder perimeter length. Worrisome.

They should be upset about the refs.
    The refs will haunt them again in the playoffs. No way Silver let them make the finals over OKC. They will get 2012WCFgame6'd multiple times if they meet OKC.

This game was a message for Pop and Leonard by the NBA. Refs basically told them you cant mess up with our boy Durant and with his stats. If you try to, FTS and foul trouble.... DEAL WITH IT.

Very good NBA starter

Only thing I get upset about are things any NBA fan would reasonably get upset about... obvious missed calls, unfair calls, ticky tack fouls on one end but not on the other, etc... Do I think it decided the game? No, not really. Do I think it influenced it? Yes.

They were down a key player in Manu, and on the 2nd night of a back to back...on the road. They were also carrying the pressure of a 19-game winning streak into their toughest matchup.

They have absolutely nothing to be upset about. Brush it off and move on.

National High School Star

If you ask me I feel they have the advantage if they see OKC in the playoffs because there would be extra motivation

Do you really see the Spurs losing Game 1 of the WCF on their home floor after losing to OKC 4 times in the regular season?

refs

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    refs
    This, it's pretty whack because you can't play defense against FT35

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    They should be upset about the refs.
    The refs will haunt them again in the playoffs. No way Silver let them make the finals over OKC. They will get 2012WCFgame6'd multiple times if they meet OKC.

This game was a message for Pop and Leonard by the NBA. Refs basically told them you cant mess up with our boy Durant and with his stats. If you try to, FTS and foul trouble.... DEAL WITH IT.
    Yah, refs had no shame sending the message that you won't touch Durant in the playoffs. I would say back to the drawing board, but it was pretty obvious that you can't touch at all, so double teams or hedging don't matter because you're getting the whistle, no questions asked. For Spurs fans, it was just a reminder that things haven't changed since the 2012 series. Last year was the Spurs best chance unless somehow OKC gets embarrassed like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This, it's pretty whack because you can't play defense against FT35
    I just wish someone in the team talk about it openly, to see the reaction of other teams and the NBA, even if it meant a heavy fine, it's kinda ridiculous, it frustrates the opponent, and leaves completely out of the game.

I just wish someone in the team talk about it openly, to see the reaction of other teams and the NBA, even if it meant a heavy fine, it's kinda ridiculous, it frustrates the opponent, and leaves completely out of the game.
    Yeah definitely. And to any idiot stans, I'm a Warriors fan and have no reason to side with the Spurs

Local High School Star

I was looking forward to seeing a very high quality close game and it seemed it would be that way.. Quarter 3 refs completely took over and changed the game.. it went from an exciting game to boring as fk..

Parker and Duncan were constantly fouled in the 3rd.. Parker was fouled on almost every offensive possession and the refs didn't call anything. Duncan was fouled inside on 3 possessions in the 3rd.. no calls...

At the other end spurs couldn't touch anyone..

So what am I upset about??

The fact the refs destroyed this game.. I don't get to watch a lot given I live in Australia..
    NBA is a joke

Marion did it and he got fined. Still, refs didnt change the way they called the games. We are struck with Durant and him getting helped by the refs.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I wish someone would call out the officiating. Some owner just needs to pay the fine for the player. Cuban + Carter, you're up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I wish someone would call out the officiating. Some owner just needs to pay the fine for the player. Cuban + Carter, you're up
    just for the sake of the sport, some homeowners who could themselves go public, everyone is watching, it was 2012 again