Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default Re: What exactly do Spurs Fans have to be upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Marion did it and he got fined. Still, refs didnt change the way they called the games. We are struck with Durant and him getting helped by the refs.
    The fact that the NBA has such strict rules about not discussing officiating should be proof to us that they are reserving the right to use it to get their ideal matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    The fact that the NBA has such strict rules about not discussing officiating should be proof to us that they are reserving the right to use it to get their ideal matchups.
    Exactly. People REALLY dumb enough to think Tim Donaghy was just a "bad" apple? That's the same bullsh1t excuse everyone uses, from Enron to Abu Ghraib. Usually the case is it's a bad barrel, rotten from the top levels down.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about todays game, I'm talking about the NBA not allowing criticism about refs.

Yeah I'm a Heat fan or LeBron Stan ( whatever you want to call it), but the officiating is complete joke. Yes, the Heat have benefited from it also, but that doesn't make it right. It's a cheap way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Exactly. People REALLY dumb enough to think Tim Donaghy was just a "bad" apple? That's the same bullsh1t excuse everyone uses, from Enron to Abu Ghraib. Usually the case is it's a bad barrel, rotten from the top levels down.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about todays game, I'm talking about the NBA not allowing criticism about refs.
    Obviously that guy was telling the truth. Last year, 3-4 months before the playoffs, I called that the refs would influence many games to help the Lakers get in the playoffs. Guess what, it happened. It was actually disgusting. Many missed/ touch calls in favor of Lakers ( watch youtube videos). Huge FTA disparities in favor of the Lakers. They got like 50 FTA against warriors.
    Jazz and Mavs who were fighting with Lakers for the playoffs spot went from something like 10th and 13th FTA per game to last and second to last in FTA in the last 3-4 months.

They couldnt make it more obvious.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Obviously that guy was telling the truth. Last year, 3-4 months before the playoffs, I called that the refs would influence many games to help the Lakers get in the playoffs. Guess what, it happened. It was actually disgusting. Many missed/ touch calls in favor of Lakers ( watch youtube videos). Huge FTA disparities in favor of the Lakers. They got like 50 FTA against warriors.
    Jazz and Mavs who were fighting with Lakers for the playoffs spot went from something like 10th and 13th FTA per game to last and second to last in FTA in the last 3-4 months.

I forgot about that last year. That was insane.

Decent playground baller nosfan773's Avatar

Yeah good call, I forgot about that too.

I love the game so much and it pisses me off to no end that the officiating is what it is. I forget about it for months of the regular season until this time of the year when it smacks you in the face. The finals last year were one-sided but it was the 2012 WCF that I really jumped over to the conspiracy theory bus. I remember I had a bill riding on game 6 and walking out midway through the fourth saying I don't watch pro wrestling and I'm not watching this shit.

I don't care about tonights game, I wanted a loss TBH. It just brought up some really bad memories for me and I'm sure a lot of other Spurs fans.

On a side note, I really hope Splitter and Belinelli don't shit the bed in the playoffs like I think they're going to.

Great college starter

Seems like Leonard will be taken out of every ****ing game. The fouls they called on him were just total shit. The nba has decided he can't stop Durant. It's obvious. They will sit him every game. Duncan hammered no calls. Gets a block and a foul is called. Westbrook was allowed to just run through players to get steals. I'm upset at the reffing.
    Thunder ****ing suck.
    YUP,MAD.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RichieW
    Only thing that changed my mind in this game was how poorly Belinelli dealt with the Thunder perimeter length. Worrisome.
    Noticed this as much as the refs. He seemed asleep.

Who said they do?

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Was it really that bad?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    No it wasn't. Fans crying because their team lost. Happens every ****ing time. Fans team loses, blame the officiating, not every other ****ing thing they did wrong.
    Last edited by LONGTIME; 04-04-2014 at 03:51 AM.

watch game 6, 2012, after attending the 3rd quarter of the match yesterday, is basically the same thing

Typical OKC Home Game.

well the natural response for the fangirls when their team cant win is to cry and blame the refs so its not really an issue worth worrying about

You're right, that was f'ing ridiculous. I remember one game where Kobe must have gotten to the line in 3 or 4 consecutive possessions... my Lakers fan friend rationalized it by saying "Kobe is trying to bring them back single-handedly" It was absolutely insane. IIRC, the Mavs got jobbed out of the playoffs during this time?