Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: KD streak is garbage....

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    So what.

I'm not even arguing for MJ or Durant.

I am arguing how stupid this streak is and it all started because someone was bored and found a streak of 25 by MJ and decides to make something of it.

Also, the league needs something to talk about so they are making a story of this and the sheeps take it and run with it.
    Exactly, stupid streak. His winning % and clutch play is all that matters, not some arbitrary made up streak that makes Jordan look like Matt Barnes in comparison

I'd be curious to know who has the most games in a row with 23 points. 25 is just a weird number, why would you pick 25?

And OP, why you so mad? The streak is pretty much meaningless, everyone already knows Durant is a monster, regardless if he scores 25 straight for 40+ games. Gives fans and the media something to talk about, and the streak definitely gives KD supporters something to throw out in an MVP debate.

But of course, this KD steak pretty much ethers any "argument" for any other player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Jordan averaged near 12 FTA per game during his streak

Durant..10
    Jordan 11.6
    Durant 10.6

Jordan c. 27 shots/gm inside the 3
    Durant c. 15 shots/gm inside the 3

How is that even possible?

KD's streak is garbage and it is a manufactured streak. Is MJ's 40 a record? No, it is not.

Why the 25 point marker? I should bring up a streak of anyone who scored over 10 points or more per game. That is what this streak is equivalent to.

It's like 25 points is the minimum considering that it is the next increment up since most scoring averages are a couple points off a scoring leaders average.

If you are going to do a stat like this, the 30 points should be the bench mark since there are very few to average 30 in a season. Why the 25? Why not 20 or 15?

This is some made up streak because since MJ did it, we must have everyone compared to it. The original meaningless stat created by Michael Jordan.

This nikka been mad as fvck lately.

You on your period, 9er?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    ESPN comes up with some weird stats like lebron is the first player since the 60s to score 30 or more when it is 80 degrees outside
    LOL, so true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23

You on your period, 9er?
    Every day Kobe isn't playing takes a toll on him. You can only watch old stuff for so long before you wig out.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Every day Kobe isn't playing takes a toll on him. You can only watch old stuff for so long before you wig out.
    Must be. This fool has been straight trippin lately. I mean, more than usual.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23

You on your period, 9er?
    Actually I am at peace with myself. Very calm and relaxed.

The number is arbitrary to an extent, but scoring more than 25 points every single game is remarkable consistency. You could maybe use 24 points, but 23 is pushing it - 25 is sort of the threshold for whether someone was able to produce very good individual offense. 30 points would surely be more impressive, but do me a favor and look up the longest streaks of 30 point games by a player. I guarantee it's not as lengthy. A streak of 25 points per game shows that you can rely on a player every single night to be a dominant scoring option. You can bitch all you want, but what Durant's doing is very impressive.

I actually agree with 9erempire for once, i just think this is not that MEANINGFULL as say NBA.com has it right now "Breaking news! KD with another 25 pt game!!!!!" headlining it after every game (even if he shot 11-26 & even if perhaps Westbrook played better) and then they have an entire article each time he does it...... they did this with Lebron aswell and i didnt fancy it either.... its like they are just desperately looking for a story...

The most annoying part is that i get these "breaking news" notifications on my Gametime app, *ding ding ding ding ding!! new message* "KD with another 25 pt game!".... omgomgomg! cool....

I usually hit open layups GOATbrookisGAWD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I actually agree with 9erempire for once, i just think this is not that MEANINGFULL as say NBA.com has it right now "Breaking news! KD with another 25 pt game!!!!!" headlining it after every game (even if he shot 11-26 & even if perhaps Westbrook played better) after every game and then they have an entire article each time he does it...... they did this with Lebron aswell and i didnt fancy it either.... its like they are just desperately looking for a story...

The most annoying part is that i get these "breaking news" notifications on my Gametime app, *ding ding ding ding ding!! new message* "KD with another 25 pt game!".... omgomgomg! cool....
    Pauk just like his idol with live alerts to his phone with KD stats

It's not a record setting streak but it IS a streak, how can it not be? Don't tell me it's arbitrary when did it become easy to drop 25+ in an NBA game? Let alone 39 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbrookisGAWD
    Pauk just like his idol with live alerts to his phone with KD stats

Yes. It is not worthy of keeping track.

If it was a streak of 30 points per game, then I would understand because 30 is usually the benchmark for scoring leaders. If 30 ppg is looked upon as great for a season's average then why not make it 30 point streak. They made it 25
    It's a cut off because 20 PPG is too low. People don't really score 30 as much anymore... except Durant who is doing work.

-Smak

people often go by 5's with stats so 25 is normal