Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    The f*ck is wrong with DWade?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmyMfpbsMY

Default Re: Does anyone not like Dirk?

bran?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    You are going to hate and not appreciate the third best SG ever, because of some incidents?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Lol don't be a salty Dirk stan, you just don't understand the appreciation for a good rivalry if you think I "hate" Dirk or any player for that matter. I'm critical, naturally, especially of Western conference foes (Lakers, Mavs, etc), but I give huge props to both Dirk and what Cuban accomplished. And I've always said Dirk seems like a cool cat off the court, very classy in interviews. I have family in Dallas and was a fan of the Mavs before Dirk was even drafted (before you were a Mavs fan?). I value my rookie Kidds, Jacksons, and Mashburns in a folder of cards tucked away some where and always loved Finley. I was stoked to take a pic with childhood favorite Popeye Jones at the Vegas airport years back (which I posted here on ISH) and if I ever met Dirk I'd be relatively starstruck. But, there's still a good-natured rivalry, and I hope Mavs/Lakers fans feel the same way too....You just get touchy because you're obsessed with Dirk and can't take when an imperfection of his is pointed out...But as far as being critical, do you hate Derrick Rose? I don't suspect you do, yet I've seen you be highly critical of him, almost vitriolic. It's part of being a fan to have strong opinions on the game, wouldn't you agree?
    Nah, there is a difference.

I love the rivalry with the Spurs and of course want them to lose all the time, but I don't let that cloud how I view the players

I'm not the one saying things like the difference between Avery Johnson and Pop is essentially meaningless...that's just bias and being stubborn

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Unstoppable shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    You are going to hate and not appreciate the third best SG ever, because of some incidents?
    I like and appreciate Jerry West

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    I like and appreciate Jerry West
    West is a career loser

look at my username

the day he retires, the NBA is gonna get much worse for me.

There is some people who hate the guy, dont know why though.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Nah, there is a difference.

I love the rivalry with the Spurs and of course want them to lose all the time, but I don't let that cloud how I view the players

I'm not the one saying things like the difference between Avery Johnson and Pop is essentially meaningless...that's just bias and being stubborn
    First off, lol at you saying you ain't clouded. Either way you're missing the point entirely if that's what you got. I'm saying, there's teams and players you root for and there's teams and players you root against. Due to your Dirk-sensitivity, you've misconstrued that, and really any difference of opinion whatsoever, as "hatred". If there's any players that really deserved hatred, it's players who shit on the game, their teammates, and the fans. Dirk is cool. But naturally, like every player, his game is imperfect, from a basketball standpoint. And that's what we talk about on ISH, basketball

Very good NBA starter

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

It's impossible to hate Dirk.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    First off, lol at you saying you ain't clouded. Either way you're missing the point entirely if that's what you got. I'm saying, there's teams and players you root for and there's teams and players you root against. Due to your Dirk-sensitivity, you've misconstrued that, and really any difference of opinion whatsoever, as "hatred". If there's any players that really deserved hatred, it's players who shit on the game, their teammates, and the fans. Dirk is cool. But naturally, like every player, his game is imperfect, from a basketball standpoint. And that's what we talk about on ISH, basketball
    I got your point.

I'm saying that you let rooting against the Mavs/Dirk impact heavily your opinion of them.

I spent the last decade plus rooting against the Spurs...but in the end I don't think it clouds my take on the them nearly as much as it clouds yours.

How am I clouded? You act like I'm arguing for Dirk to be as good as Duncan or a top 10 player ever or something.

All I've done is destroyed stupid myths and misconceptions about Dirk and the Mavs since coming here.

A clouded fan pretends there is no difference between Avery and Pop...

Is what it is...

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I got your point.

I'm saying that you let rooting against the Mavs/Dirk impact heavily your opinion of them.

I spent the last decade plus rooting against the Spurs...but in the end I don't think it clouds my take on the them nearly as much as it clouds yours.

How am I clouded? You act like I'm arguing for Dirk to be as good as Duncan or a top 10 player ever or something.

All I've done is destroyed stupid myths and misconceptions about Dirk and the Mavs since coming here.

A clouded fan pretends there is no difference between Avery and Pop...

Is what it is...
    You really are the Dirk crusader aren't you

whatever man, at least you're a fan of the game. Cheers.

Just curious though, were you a Mavs fan before Dirk was drafted/traded for?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Easily my favorite player of all time

Dirk is an absolute living legend in my eyes

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80pl68rTc08

Dirk breaks a kids heart

Shit still makes me lol