Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Default Re: Why do gay people want to get married?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    Dumb reason. If it made a guy and his mom happy to get married, could they get married too? I mean they arent hurting anyone else and its not our business, right? Oh wait society has told you that is wrong and if you disagree you are a sicko. Yet being gay was just the same thing before, so whats to stop us seeing a dude marry his mum in a church in 50 years time? Or a dad marry his adult children in a group ceremony? Being happy is not a good enough reason otherwise your creating a scenario where everything goes.
    The bold- Society once said being black was wrong. I don't care what society says. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong no matter what any one else says. Also a lot of people support gay marriage.

As for the underlined- this is a common non sense tactic people who support gay marriage discrimination do. Gay does not equal incest. A gay is no more likely to commit incest than a straight is. A man marrying a non related man is just as far away from incest as a man marrying a non related woman.

I'd turn this thread around and give you this question: why is it because YOUR religion's definition of a marriage is between a man and a woman you then want to use government force to ban gay marriage? That is like someone thinking interracial marriage is wrong (yes some religions have thought that) so using government force to ban interracial marriage.

The bible condemns marrying people of other religions so I guess we should ban inter-religious marriages as well since the Bible says that.

Thankfully gay marriage will become legal everywhere in the near future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    The bold- Society once said being black was wrong. I don't care what society says. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong no matter what any one else says. Also a lot of people support gay marriage.

As for the underlined- this is a common non sense tactic people who support gay marriage discrimination do. Gay does not equal incest. A gay is no more likely to commit incest than a straight is. A man marrying a non related man is just as far away from incest as a man marrying a non related woman.

I'd turn this thread around and give you this question: why is it because YOUR religion's definition of a marriage is between a man and a woman you then want to use government force to ban gay marriage? That is like someone thinking interracial marriage is wrong (yes some religions have thought that) so using government force to ban interracial marriage.

The bible condemns marrying people of other religions so I guess we should ban inter-religious marriages as well since the Bible says that.

Thankfully gay marriage will become legal everywhere in the near future.
    First of all, I did not say gay people were more likely to engage in incest. I am just saying that just like being gay disgusted people, incest disgusts people too. But now we are more accepting of homosexuality (main reasons being: they cant help it, its not your business, its love, etc), which can also be used in support of incest (which like homosexuality has been going on for thousands of years). It is not unlikely at all that we will be seeing situations like I described in the near future as a result of homosexuality being acceptable. There are a lot of people in this thread that will say incest is disgusting now but when that time comes they will be the ones calling me ignorant.

Secondly, you cannot compare peoples attitudes towards black people to the attitudes towards gay people. Being black is genetic, it is an unchangeable fact. Being gay however is not genetic, since there has never been a "gay" gene found. Attraction is 99% environmental. When a baby is born, they are not born with a image of a pen*s or a v*gina ingrained in their head. They dont know. It is only through many years of life that they gain a sexual identity. Everyone likes different things, some guys like black girls, some guys like white girls, tall girls, short girls, etc. It just so happens that some guys like other guys. That is purely psychological. The thing is that it is there are a lot of different types of attractions that deviate from the norm (pedos, bestiality, homosexuality, incest, etc.). Most of that is illegal (and rightly so), but I dont understand how we make the distinction between what is okay and what is not? Im talking strictly societal, not religious. Of course the main rule is that there must be consent on both sides, but after that how is whats wrong and right decided? I mean a guy and his mom can consent, right? It would be good if someone could enlighten me on that. I know its not the thread topic but while your here it would be good to see what you have to say.

Thirdly, I am not Christian and I will acknowledge that there are many things wrong within the bible. The reason I used church as an example is because that is the most common place of gay marriage out of all the religious establishments. Maybe the thread title was unclear, but let me break down my exact question.

Gay people have a number of choices in regards to marriage. There are civil partnership opportunities available, and if they do not want that there are registry offices they can get married in if they want (if it is legalized). So why are they arguing with the Church? The church is founded on religion, they have a book that was written and cannot be just "changed" to fit what gay people want (please don't bring up the New Testament, that's a new story altogether). Why can people not accept that there are rules when it comes to marrying in a church, and it is not the governments place to change the rules? Surely a religious constitution that has been around from the beginning of time deserves more respect than that?

Really, gays don't give a fck about the church. It's just that when being married gives you advantages and you are banned from being married, there's a problem.