Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official 2013-14 Stanley Cup playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    7 games for the goon.

I believe Barrie is expected to be sidelined for 4 weeks...

4-6 is what they're calling. Even if it's only 4, that's the Conference Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Blackhawks came all the way from 2-0 series trailing to win the series 4-2 against the Blue.

Ducks came all the way from 2-0 game 6 trailing to win the game and series 5-4 in an OT.

Miller's confidence completely went to shit. That goal Sharp slid past him was just awful. The Hawks should also have little problem rolling thoguh either Minny or the Avs in the next round. I'm hoping Colorado takes it though...

And when the heck is Duschene coming back?

My boy Selanne coming through with 2 big points!

Hope LA beats the Sharks tonight to extend the series to 7. I want these teams to beat the shit outta each other.

BJackets

Unfortunately, Pens are just too much.

Huge night for the league. Can't remember the last time we saw three game 7's play out in one night...

Banned

Hockey is not fun without the red wings/

It is my desire to see the blood of Montreal Canadiens coating the walls of the Garden tomorrow night. Festoon North Station with their innards.

This is the match-up Bruins fans thirst for, win or lose. I speak for all of us when I say we well and truly *hate* the Montreal Canadiens.

Simmonds.
    Coming through big time with the hatty!

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    It is my desire to see the blood of Montreal Canadiens coating the walls of the Garden tomorrow night. Festoon North Station with their innards.

This is the match-up Bruins fans thirst for, win or lose. I speak for all of us when I say we well and truly *hate* the Montreal Canadiens.

As a Toronto fan, it perturbs me when I see fellow Leaf heads rooting for the Habs on the sole basis of them being a Canadian city. I seriously hope you guys decimate them. For one reason or another though, MTL has always been a tough out for your B's. Im predicting a Bruins series win in 6 games...

As a Toronto fan, it perturbs me when I see fellow Leaf heads rooting for the Habs on the sole basis of them being a Canadian city. I seriously hope you guys decimate them. For one reason or another though, MTL has always been a tough out for your B's. Im predicting a Bruins series win in 6 games...
    If it wasn't the B's, I'd be rooting for the Leafs or Flyers, two franchises I respect the hell out of. That series with the Leafs last year was epic. It was funny watching all the homers here in Boston eat a ton of crow regarding Phil Kessel. He didn't fit with Claude Julien-style hockey, but the guy's talent is undeniable.

They are usually a tough out...they're fast and highly-skilled, which is always a problem for us. A big part of it is psychological: the constant flopping, the constant whining to the refs, the constant cheap-shots and then not stepping up to pay the price for said cheap-shots...its the way that franchise has *always* operated...that stuff gets in our guys' heads and they play right into it at key moments by doing something stupid and getting caught. 5v5, Montreal doesn't stand a chance...and they know that. So they do everything they possibly can to get on the power play as often as possible, where they can do damage. And what's worse...those French-fried fans of theirs are 100% on board with that kind of hockey. I love the city and the people have generally been terrific when I've been there...but on the subject of hockey, they are just incorrigible and terrible.

It'll be the same formula this time around: the first few games will be pretty even and then eventually the Bruins' punishing, physical play will wear the Canadiens down. They can't take the hits. Eventually, the Bruins pound you into the boards so much that you just stop wanting to get hit by Game 5...you rush passes while the Bruins are establishing the forecheck and do everything you can to stay away from their top 6 defenders. Tuukka will have to melt down completely for us to lose this series.

Banned

Why havent maple leafs won since 1967.

Ugh San Jose

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

backdoor sweep. my nikka kings

San Jose Shoke

It's amazing how many times they've choked in the last 10 years. Since 2004, they've lost with home ice against the following:

2004- Calgary
    2006- Edmonton(blew 2-0 lead)
    2008- Dallas
    2009- Anaheim(#1 seed)
    2010- Chicago(swept)
    2014- Los Angeles(blew 3-0 lead)

Avs Cinderella season