Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: WrestleMania XXX: Viewing Party

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Please no more dream matches. Lets face it they are in a match for namesake. I don't care who you are but when you put on a crap match, it is a crap match regardless the name.

disagree completely,

i'd rather watch 2 characters who i'm actually invested put on a show, than 2 generic ROH wrestlers have a match with no back story that will most likely be a spot fest with no emotion or ring psychology.

Stone Cold became a megastar during a time when all his matches consisted of kicks punches and stunners.. The characters sell the story.

I'd rather watch Sting v Taker at WM than watch an AJ Styles spot fest from 04
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 04-07-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    That's how I felt. Not that I think the streak should have never been broken (though I would have been ok with it not), but giving it to Brock didn't seem right to me. If you break the streak, you can take that achievement to further WWE's product with a guy who will be there at least once a week...or atleast be at all the PPV's.

But maybe this is what Undertaker wanted. Maybe he wants the streak broken like this... in a somewhat meaningless fashion because he didn't want it to be what defined him. Cause lets face it, that's what it was coming down to. He's done amazing things over the years, but all anyone talked about was the streak.
    That's exactly what they did.

Brock Lesnar is not only a huge name in the world of wrestling, but in the world of sports..

casual fans know he's a legit bad ass, Taker can't keep the streak alive forever, so who better than Brock Lesnar to carry on the gimmick of "wrestlemania phenom" then a legit monster in Brock Lesnar.

By having Brock win last night WWE can now ride on the legacy of the streak/ the guy who beat the streak for the next 10 years..

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Nipple H's entrances are comedy to me. I don't like his entrances like most people do. Not in the way I think it is great.

I like them because I think it is funny for a supposed bad ass to play dress up before coming out to a match.
    i just like how he's been fully embracing the character that internet smarks claim he is. the whole shovel stuff, his "you're not even real cops", etc. that entrance just solidified everything he's been doing that last few months.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    why not?

The build up/spectacle of Sting v Taker would be worth it alone. Match might be shit but who cares, so was Piper v Hogan in 97 but it was a dream match that fans wanted to see.

as long as Sting v Taker isn't the focal point of WM i'd love to see the dream match and then have both men retire.
    both guys are way over the hill. would i mark out if taker beat bork and sting was in the rafters pointing at him with a bat? sure. but that match would be awful and really serve no purpose. it was undertaker's decision to put brock over and it was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Putting Brock over before letting him back to the wild in one thing. Having the Streak ending as the landmark WM moment that people will remember for a long time is another.

Sting would do okay with WWE as a regular performer though seeing how good he was with TNA.

Yeah people are really underestimating Sting. He just had a hardcore match with Bully Ray a few months back where he was taking some really good bumps

give him a year to train for one match?.. he'll be fine. Plus this way Taker can face Sting w/o the streak being on the line (Taker v Sting doesn't need the streak to sell ppvs)

Sting can still go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYdhutLy5IQ

I woke up and my boy told me undertaker lost on my way to the gym

I think I died little

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I woke up and my boy told me undertaker lost on my way to the gym

I think I died little
    Its just sad tbh, my whole life that streak was going and now its no more.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    That's exactly what they did.

Brock Lesnar is not only a huge name in the world of wrestling, but in the world of sports..

casual fans know he's a legit bad ass, Taker can't keep the streak alive forever, so who better than Brock Lesnar to carry on the gimmick of "wrestlemania phenom" then a legit monster in Brock Lesnar.

By having Brock win last night WWE can now ride on the legacy of the streak/ the guy who beat the streak for the next 10 years..

And I'm fine with it if he's actually performing and showing up on a regular basis...but if Lesnar starts doing exactly what Taker was doing (showing up once a year to beat someone), then I feel they missed an opportunity to get someone extreme heat or launch a career in to stardom. Having someone duplicate what the Taker just did for 10 years isn't my idea of something that really helps the WWE product. In fact I think it hurts it with predictability.

i was really rooting for CM punk to return last night. I guess him leaving WWE was for real.

Pretty sure WWE intended for CM Punk to beat the streak but he left before the event and WWE had to fill someone in as a replacement.