Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Al Sharpton FBI snitch outed

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...harpton-764312

How is this guy still around? He even goes to the White House you know some funny stuff is going on. Like we didn't know Al Sharpton was a con job.

Default Re: Al Sharpton FBI snitch outed

Was front page of both NYC tabloids yesterday.

Sharpton was on, of all places, Morning Joe talking about this, this morning.
    http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/chr...st-bully-score

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Sharpton gonna get whacked soon.

NBA Superstar

I don't even really believe that. I think he made up being a informant to cover his shady ass dealings with shady people. Rev Al has always been about himself first and he was a lot more shady earlier in his career. I don't think the FBI has verified he was a informant for them but i could be wrong. I think he said that to cover being caught by being seen dealing with the mafia people, then said he was a informant(informant programs don't seem to ever divulge much, or they all know their informants to different people).
    Last edited by Godzuki; 04-09-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    I don't even really believe that. I think he made up being a informant to cover his shady ass dealings with shady people. Rev Al has always been about himself first and he was a lot more shady earlier in his career. I don't think the FBI has verified he was a informant for them but i could be wrong. I think he said that to cover being caught by being seen dealing with the mafia people, then said he was a informant(informant programs don't seem to ever divulge much, or they all know their informants to different people).
    What are you talking about?

Sharpton didn't create this story. This isn't something Sharpton was pushing. The Smoking Gun website got access to the original FBI files. Perhaps enough time had passed where they could get them through a FOIA request.

It was known in the late 80's Sharpton was an informant. That is not news. The news is that they got the details of his involvement.

They are not buying the story Shaprton told on Morning Joe either. They have this new article up
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...harpton-918273

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    What are you talking about?

Sharpton didn't create this story. This isn't something Sharpton was pushing. The Smoking Gun website got access to the original FBI files. Perhaps enough time had passed where they could get them through a FOIA request.

It was known in the late 80's Sharpton was an informant. That is not news. The news is that they got the details of his involvement.

They are not buying the story Shaprton told on Morning Joe either. They have this new article up
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...harpton-918273

i thought they only caught him in pictures meeting with the mafia people where some press reported it. Then Sharpton said in his defense under scrutiny he was a informant for the FBI. I would've sworn i read that but i guess i'll take your word for him being a legitimate FBI informant.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i thought they only caught him in pictures meeting with the mafia people where some press reported it. Then Sharpton said in his defense under scrutiny he was a informant for the FBI. I would've sworn i read that but i guess i'll take your word for him being a legitimate FBI informant.
    Check the link in the first article.

Love Live Life

Yeah this is crazy. I read about this last night.

How come nobody killed this guy yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Yeah this is crazy. I read about this last night.

How come nobody killed this guy yet?
    I knew someone who worked on the set of the movie Donnie Brasco. The real FBI guy, Joseph Pistone was on set too while they were shooting in Little Italy. In just one case he worked, he put away 100 guys. People asked him aren't you nervous, he said everyone who is after me is either dead or in jail.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I knew someone who worked on the set of the movie Donnie Brasco. The real FBI guy, Joseph Pistone was on set too while they were shooting in Little Italy. In just one case he worked, he put away 100 guys. People asked him aren't you nervous, he said everyone who is after me is either dead or in jail.
    Damn.

You would think that the sons of these guys or family members that's still in the business would seek revenge but I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Damn.

You would think that the sons of these guys or family members that's still in the business would seek revenge but I guess not
    If the mafia in NYC has had success lately, it's by keeping things very, very quiet. One writer who covers the mob said the leader of one family would only meet with underlings at like 2AM at a prearranged underground parking garage on the theory that the FBI would be in bed by then.

They have significantly cut down on violence too as it is the thing that brings the heat.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 04-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Banned

Reverend Al has always been a very shady character who was connected to some of the seediest people in NYC. There's surveillance/audio tapes of him from the early 80s conducting drug deals, scheming to fix boxing matches and launder money with guys as high up the criminal ladder as Michael Franzese (former Colombo captain with a reputed net worth of $300 million from bootlegging gas).

Always wondered how he managed to avoid jail seeing as how the feds had all that incriminating evidence against him. Now I know. He's a f*cking snitch.

Old news.. People already know he was a snitch.. Snitching on the mafia? whatever..

speaks to his nature, but it says more about the "day late and a dollar short" media than it does about about sharpton

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

But how does this guy get invited to the White House? Why is this criminal so close to the President? Just some shady stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Old news.. People already know he was a snitch.. Snitching on the mafia? whatever..

speaks to his nature, but it says more about the "day late and a dollar short" media than it does about about sharpton
    This is just silly.

Williams Bastone was probably the guy who broke the news back in the 1980's that Sharpton worked with the FBI. This is not old news, because the details and extent of that work was never known.

"day late and a dollar short"
    Possibly the silliest part.

The information they got was due to Freedom of Information Act requests. My guess is that most of this information was only able to be given out with the passage of time. The passage of time also is the only reason they were able to confirm their story with so many FBI agents.

Do you think the Attorney General or a Judge would have released this information when Vincent Gigante was still alive? This story does not show the media is a day late and dollar short as you snidely put it, it shows the doggedness of an investigative reporter staying on a story for over 30 years.