Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Al Sharpton FBI snitch outed

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Reverend Al has always been a very shady character who was connected to some of the seediest people in NYC. There's surveillance/audio tapes of him from the early 80s conducting drug deals, scheming to fix boxing matches and launder money with guys as high up the criminal ladder as Michael Franzese (former Colombo captain with a reputed net worth of $300 million from bootlegging gas).

Always wondered how he managed to avoid jail seeing as how the feds had all that incriminating evidence against him. Now I know. He's a f*cking snitch.
    Yeah I never liked dude. They showing footage of a drug deal now on FoxNews.

He had to have been connected in that world to snitch on people.

Dude is a snake

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    This is just silly.

Williams Bastone was probably the guy who broke the news back in the 1980's that Sharpton worked with the FBI. This is not old news, because the details and extent of that work was never known.

Possibly the silliest part.

The information they got was due to Freedom of Information Act requests. My guess is that most of this information was only able to be given out with the passage of time. The passage of time also is the only reason they were able to confirm their story with so many FBI agents.

Do you think the Attorney General or a Judge would have released this information when Vincent Gigante was still alive? This story does not show the media is a day late and dollar short as you snidely put it, it shows the doggedness of an investigative reporter staying on a story for over 30 years.

I read about him being an informant almost a year ago…

You sound like my "snide" comment hurt your feelings … Im sorry Kev.. it wasn't intentional

http://www.kulturekritic.com/2013/05...assata-shakur/

^^From May 2013
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 04-10-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I read about him being an informant almost a year ago…

You sound like my "snide" comment hurt your feelings … Im sorry Kev.. it wasn't intentional

http://www.kulturekritic.com/2013/05...assata-shakur/

^^From May 2013

I was probably just cranky this morning. But we live in a world where it seems like 90 % of the population feels superior to the "mainstream media."

But if you read about him being an informant a year ago, that's 25 years after the news came out. The Sharpton FBI thing has been known for decades in NY. Newsday broke this story in 1998. Here's a PDF of that article. Here's the NY Times follow up on the article

Here's the NY Newsday article from later in 1988 on Sharpton being accused of setting up Shakur
    EDIT: Actually I see your 2013 link references this same article from 1998.

The Rev. and the Fugitive Sharpton tried to set up Chesimard, activists say
    By Ron Howell, Newsday, Friday 21 October 1988

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who has worked as a federal informant, tried to set up a meeting with black fugitive radical JoAnne Chesimard in 1983, according to activists who said they were approached by Sharpton.

The black activists said they feared Sharpton was trying to deliver Chesimard into the arms of federal agents, but said they had no proof.

One law-enforcement source, who declined to be identified but has detailed knowledge of Sharpton’s activities as an FBI informant, said this week that Sharpton was working as an informant at the time he sought to meet Chesimard. The source said that one of Sharpton’s assignments was to try to lead agents to Chesimard, who escaped from prison in 1979 after being convicted in the killing a New Jersey state trooper.

It wasn’t a big massive operation. It was just a small shot, an everyday deal, the source said. I would equate it with setting up 10 traps a day trying to catch a fox . . . He said Sharpton was not a major participant in the search for the woman, who goes by the African name Assata Shakur.

A top FBI official said that Sharpton was not used in any manner to lure Shakur into a trap. This is the first I’m hearing of it, it’s bull———, FBI Assistant Deputy Director Kenneth Walton, who led the Shakur investigation, said earlier this week.

Sharpton flatly denied trying to make contact with Shakur.

Newsday reported in January that beginning in 1983 Sharpton secretly supplied federal law enforcement agencies with information on boxing promoter Don King, reputed organized crime figures and black leaders and elected officials. And in a two-hour interview, Sharpton admitted to Newsday that he had assisted the government in drug and organized crime cases. He said he also accompanied undercover federal agents wearing body recorders to meetings with various subjects of federal investigations. He said he had allowed the U.S. attorney’s office for the Eastern District of New York to install a tapped telephone in his Brooklyn home.

Sharpton has insisted he never turned over information on black radicals or on King.

This week, Sharpton denied assertions by Ahmed Obafemi, a long-time activist, and Kwame Brathwaite, an activist and photographer who says Sharpton asked him to set up an encounter with Obafemi. Both men say that Obafemi acted as the intermediary in the failed discussions with Sharpton to reach Shakur.
    If The Smoking Gun did get all Sharpton's FBI files then the bold part is true, they didn't mention anything about Shakur.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 04-10-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    But how does this guy get invited to the White House?
    Think about this, how does a black politician from Chicago end up embracing a black civil rights leader from NY, not the one from Chicago? When's the last time you heard about Jesse Jackson?

Obama has feuded with Jackson and virtually sidelined him. [QUOTE]President Obama considered veteran Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel a political hack and had such little regard for Jesse Jackson that he

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    But how does this guy get invited to the White House? Why is this criminal so close to the President? Just some shady stuff going on.

Cause Al Sharpton is the best the black community has to represent them. Instead of getting behind a guy like Allen West or Ben Carson, they stand behind crooks like Jackson and Sharpton and label successful, honest, and hardworking black men like West and Carson as Uncle Toms.

When I think about this I just want to:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Cause Al Sharpton is the best the black community has to represent them. Instead of getting behind a guy like Allen West or Ben Carson, they stand behind crooks like Jackson and Sharpton and label successful, honest, and hardworking black men like West and Carson as Uncle Toms.

When I think about this I just want to:

Allen West

Banned

Cause Al Sharpton is the best the black community has to represent them.
    When was Al Sharpton elected to 'represent the Black community'? I must've spaced on election day. F*cking CP time strikes again

Who'd the Whites pick as their representative? How about the Mexicans? They like George Lopez, right?

When was Al Sharpton elected to 'represent the Black community'? I must've spaced on election day. F*cking CP time strikes again

Who'd the Whites pick as their representative? How about the Mexicans? They like George Lopez, right?

The man is a civil rights activist. Or you didn't know this? He's been misrepresenting his own people for years. Tawana Bradley, Duke Lacrosse, Trayvon Martin, etc.. The guy's a piece of shit and anyone who defends him is no better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Allen West
    Case and point ^^

West gets laughed at, but naww dawg Sharpton is my ni**a.

Banned

The man is a civil rights activist. Or you didn't know this? He's been misrepresenting his own people for years. Tawana Bradley, Duke Lacrosse, Trayvon Martin, etc.. The guy's a piece of shit and anyone who defends him is no better.
    The dude is a self promoter and media hungry opportunist. Who is defending him exactly?

Just pointing out that I don't remember anyone electing him 'representative' of the 'Black community' as you described.

Case and point ^^

West gets laughed at, but naww dawg Sharpton is my ni**a.
    don't have a relevant point??? Just create sh*t out of thin air idiot

The dude is a self promoter and media hungry opportunist. Who is defending him exactly?

Just pointing out that I don't remember anyone electing him 'representative' of the 'Black community' as you described.

The media elected him as the go to black leader, not black people..

Al Sharpton is the Bogeyman to whiney bigots like Chewing.. Facts and reality don't matter to him..

I stopped taking him serious long time ago..