Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark

Anyone else see that? is Light skin considered to be prettier by the media? I don't agree with it, though. I find dark skinned people to be just as attractive.
    Last edited by zoom17; 04-10-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark Anyone else not?

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    if it aint white it aint right

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark Anyone else not?

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    if it aint white it aint right
    Location - Salt Lake City. LOL

Banned

Im black and I have mentioned before that I dont find black girls attractive, and in the rare cases that I do she has to be light skinned.

In terms of advertisements, light skin is deemed to be a more attractive trait amongst black people. Its the same as saying why are all the white people on commercials tanned, and not pale skinned? Pale skin for white people is the equivalent of darkness on a black person. Its not really desirable.

NBA Superstar

light skinned black or round about there is considered one of the more desirable skin tones for most people of all races. i know lots of white, asian, black, etc. people into girls/guys that were light skinned black more than other skiin tones.

and yeah dark skinned black got the most crap. not even from other races, black people would jones on dark black people the most from what i've seen. i guess thats because its too taboo for other races to talk about black person shades but if there is one thing i see black people jone'in on with other black people is their darkness.

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark

It's very true and it's not limited to black people or to the US. As I'm sure you know Asians range from "whiter than white people" skin tone to "dark mexican" type skin tone. All asians on TV are very white. Take a look at India. All the people in commercials are Indian, but ONLY light skinned indians. Dark Indians are generally reserved for villains/"car salesmen" type characters.

Love Live Life

We're all human beings bro. You gotta stop seeing color

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Is this really something people are complaining about? Who gives a shit.
    Seriously.

"What's up with all these tan white people in commercials? I find pasty pale to be attractive"

I see "dark" skinned people in commercials all the time.

I don't notice stuff like that. All I can say is, white people to me, are very good looking compared to most animals. There is something about the white race that transcends our own species.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I don't notice stuff like that. All I can say is, white people to me, are very good looking compared to most animals. There is something about the white race that transcends our own species.
    This guy!

You're the King of trolls bro

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    In terms of advertisements, light skin is deemed to be a more attractive trait amongst black people. Its the same as saying why are all the white people on commercials tanned, and not pale skinned? Pale skin for white people is the equivalent of darkness on a black person. Its not really desirable.
    That's just not true. I'm white and paleness is definitely more desirable than the orange oompa-loompa tan you see people with. Or the flat out pink/red sunburned effect. I live near the beach and it's only the tourists that are obsessed with being tanned

versus

The choice is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Anyone else see that? is Light skin considered to be prettier by the media? I don't agree with it, though. I find dark skinned people to be just as attractive.
    I have seen some commercials where they have shown dark and light skinned people. I guess it really depends on what channel and what time you are watching TV.

And being a light skinned brother myself, light skinned was in back in the 80s and 90s. We lost flavor, no thanks to Welsey Snipes dark self, in the late 90s. But we are making a come back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    That's just not true. I'm white and paleness is definitely more desirable than the orange oompa-loompa tan you see people with. Or the flat out pink/red sunburned effect. I live near the beach and it's only the tourists that are obsessed with being tanned

versus

The choice is clear.
    All you did was post a bunch of guys with ugly tans. You know and I know that a well done tan is a more attractive skin colour than pasty white (there are some people that prefer pasty, just as there are some that prefer dark, but Im talking about what is generally considered better).

When I say well done tan, I mean something like this:

Something barely noticeable but it creates an effect that is generally more attractive than pasty.

White people

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    I know it hurts but it's the truth.