Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark Anyone else not?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    When I say well done tan, I mean something like this:

I guess we have to agree to disagree. That tan, while not a total disaster, still sort of gives off the feeling that she's fake, dumb, and plastic. Maybe some people find it to be exotic and unique, but here it's so played out and run-of-the-mill that it totally loses that part of the appeal.

It's like a full body tramp stamp.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Why are blacks in commercials very light skinned and never that dark Anyone else not?

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    dannnng, is that prime david bowie?

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    dannnng, is that prime david bowie?
    Yep.

Here's David Bowie's wife of 22 years.

edited for a smaller picture that didn't make the forum ultrawide.
    Last edited by Crystallas; 04-10-2014 at 10:06 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat

Something barely noticeable but it creates an effect that is generally more attractive than pasty.
    Depends on the girl too. Christina Hendricks is incredibly pale but also considered incredibly attractive.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Yep.

Here's David Bowie's wife of 22 years.
    yup bowie loves himself some strange

and to OP, it's called universal appeal

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    light skinned black or round about there is considered one of the more desirable skin tones for most people of all races. i know lots of white, asian, black, etc. people into girls/guys that were light skinned black more than other skiin tones.

and yeah dark skinned black got the most crap. not even from other races, black people would jones on dark black people the most from what i've seen. i guess thats because its too taboo for other races to talk about black person shades but if there is one thing i see black people jone'in on with other black people is their darkness.
    I want you to click on this you weirdo http://www.abcfastphonics.com/

The "blacks" used in advertisements are almost always biracial. This is done because its considered a more palatable presentation for the predominantly white audience.

Asians in ads are often mixed as well.

Dont believe me? Check out the ads in your Sunday paper, and take a close look.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

That's just not true. I'm white and paleness is definitely more desirable than the orange oompa-loompa tan you see people with. Or the flat out pink/red sunburned effect. I live near the beach and it's only the tourists that are obsessed with being tanned

versus

The choice is clear.
    they are all ugly, except for the boobs

If anyone is buggin about this, they may need to reavulate their priorities..

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Depends on the girl too. Christina Hendricks is incredibly pale but also considered incredibly attractive.

cuz of the titttttiiiiiiesssss and assssssssss and a pretty face

I think she'd be hotter with darker skin

Last time I checked, this guy was on a shit ton of commercials:

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Last time I checked, this guy was on a shit ton of commercials:

it's because of boobs

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

They don't want to offend the white rednecks in the Red States.

NBA Superstar

That's just not true. I'm white and paleness is definitely more desirable than the orange oompa-loompa tan you see people with. Or the flat out pink/red sunburned effect. I live near the beach and it's only the tourists that are obsessed with being tanned

versus

The choice is clear.
    Kim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I don't notice stuff like that. All I can say is, white people to me, are very good looking compared to most animals. There is something about the white race that transcends our own species.