Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Atheists can't actually prove there isn't a God

They know this, right?

How could they possibly know -- and they don't. Let's be honest... they think they know, but they don't.

God, whether he's a literal figure, or just a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. You can't truly know, or prove there isn't a God.

You think you know, but true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing -- because we'll never know it all.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Atheists can't actually prove there isn't a God

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    They know this, right?

How could they possibly know -- and they don't. Let's be honest... they think they know, but they don't.

God, whether he's a literal figure, or just a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. You can't truly know, or prove there isn't a God.

You think you know, but true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing -- because we'll never know it all.

The burden of proof is on proving something exists. Not that something doesn't exist.

Unless you simply want to believe something based on faith (the definition is literally to believe in something that can not be proven). Which you are entirely free to do of course. Just don't expect it to make logical sense.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Atheists have always believed that because religious people cannot prove the existence of God, that therefore the opposite must be true that there isn't.

Atheists would have a change of mind if they researched NDE's and Mediumship a bit more actually.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Atheists have always believed that because religious people cannot prove the existence of God, that therefore the opposite must be true that there isn't.

Atheists would have a change of mind if they researched NDE's and Mediumship a bit more actually.
    Right, unless you can prove that you don't have kids touch you inappropriately we should go ahead and lock you up and assume it's true.

Prove that it isn't please. We'll wait.

They don't believe in god because their conscience isn't kicking their minds and souls to do so.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Right, unless you can prove that you don't have kids touch you inappropriately we should go ahead and lock you up and assume it's true.

Prove that it isn't please. We'll wait.
    These arguments are illogical. If I believe something, and you don't believe what I believe, it's not on me to prove to you that what I believe exists or is factual. Saying you're an Atheist is a lazy way to distance yourselves from those "crazy religious people" and come off as more advanced and knowledgeable when all you did was refute my belief with your own belief, a belief that also can't be proven.

Atheists are so childish...

"I don't have to provide proof for anything because my stance isn't a belief! It's nothing!"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Atheists like the low hanging fruit that allows them to convince themselves that they aren’t complete dumbshits.

So we trust in God, for there will be more welfare cheques to come in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

"I don't have to provide proof for anything because my stance isn't a belief! It's nothing!"
    You are an idiot.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You genuinely think people should try to disprove religion?

Humanity has dreamed up all manner of things that don’t justify a serious investigation to disprove. Some things are just....stupid.

Not believing means you should be....what....trying to present evidence against them? I need to gather proof there was no lord Xenu? Or Odin?

Why would anyone dedicate time to disproving plainly absurd stories just because some people have or had faith in them?

You can’t logically argue matters of faith. People can believe what they get comfort from. I don’t need to go bother them about it long as they aren’t bothering me.

I think it depends on the actual definition of god.

If aliens seeded earth with life, are they considered god?

If microorganisms stuck on an asteroid gave birth to our world, is that considered god?

Obviously life came from somewhere, but what's more likely? An invisible being created us so we can love and worship it.. but never show its face to us.... or evolution from billions of years?

Atheists cant prove there isnt a God but religious people cant prove there IS a God. This argument is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    I think it depends on the actual definition of god.

If aliens seeded earth with life, are they considered god?

If microorganisms stuck on an asteroid gave birth to our world, is that considered god?

Obviously life came from somewhere, but what's more likely? An invisible being created us so we can love and worship it.. but never show its face to us.... or evolution from billions of years?

Atheists cant prove there isnt a God but religious people cant prove there IS a God. This argument is stupid.
    Lol it's hard to see and believe until maybe our own respective deaths. I still wish the afterlife is truly for real somehow despite being agnostic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

People that believe in god would shit in their pants if they found out that Aliens started our civilization , and the church's were a farce